Gameday Tigers

2022 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

57 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

Danny Lewis planning LSU official visit

BySONNY SHIPP 8 hours ago

LSU fans had been waiting for LSU to offer Westgate product Danny Lewis. The 6-foot-4, 240-pound tight end had been waiting, too.

If Lewis flips, having Mason Taylor also coming in as a TE might free up Bech to use in some interesting offensive wrinkles.

• Like 1

BREAKING: Greg Brooks commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
January 13, 2022

Former Arkansas Razorback cornerback Greg Brooks has announced his commitment to LSU.

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound Brooks attended West Jefferson High School in Harvey, La.  He signed with Arkanas in the class of 2019.

He has two years of eligibility remaining.  he finished the 2021 season with 48 tackles and one interception.

• Like 1

LSU adds Cajuns WR Kyren Lacy to transfer portal hot streak

btnzszrwqddpscwyn7hj
Jerit Roser • TigerDetails
Staff

LSU continued its week of roster-retooling through the transfer portal Friday with yet another notable and home-grown addition.

Former Thibodaux star 

Kyren Lacyannounced his commitment to the Tigers via social media after playing the first two seasons of his college career at Louisiana (Lafayette).

"It's time to take this up a notch," he posted to Twitter. "Why not do it in Da Boot!"

The 6-foot-3, 213-pound wide receiver joined former Ragin' Cajuns teammate Mekhi Garner, the veteran cornerback, who announced Tuesday in the short trip east on Interstate 10.

• Like 2

National signing day is Wed. Feb. 2, just 2 and a half weeks out. 

Top targets is state are Jacoby Matthews of Pontchatoula (safety) and Trevonte Citizen of Lake Charles (RB).

Some say Frank Wilson had a good relationship with Citizen from his days coaching at McNeese.  Matthews was committed to LSU but opened up after O was fired.  There is a good LB in TX, Harold Perkins, some think we have a shot, but Longhorns after him and some other big schools.

Anybody hear anything?  I saw F Wilson recently visited J Matthews.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, houtiger said:

National signing day is Wed. Feb. 2, just 2 and a half weeks out. 

Top targets is state are Jacoby Matthews of Pontchatoula (safety) and Trevonte Citizen of Lake Charles (RB).

Some say Frank Wilson had a good relationship with Citizen from his days coaching at McNeese.  Matthews was committed to LSU but opened up after O was fired.  There is a good LB in TX, Harold Perkins, some think we have a shot, but Longhorns after him and some other big schools.

Anybody hear anything?  I saw F Wilson recently visited J Matthews.

I have not heard or read any recent updates on these guys.

Perkins verbally committed to Texas A&M, but there is an outside chance we might be able to flip him. He made the commit to TAMU prior to House and Cain being hired on the defensive staff. Now that the staff is set, a lot of questions prospects had might be settled but we are still way behind in recruiters and position coaches having any kind of relationship with those prospects.

My gut tells me Perkins will not flip to LSU.

Citizen was down to three (LSU, Florida, and Auburn) then released a final 8 teams he was considering. Florida has since signed Trevor Etienne so if he really had been down to 3, I think LSU has the edge there. Does he want to split time with Etienne at Florida? He was a pledged Tiger and backed off when O was not going to be retained.

I think LSU should ultimately prevail for his services. However, the "final 8" thing hints to me that he might be trying to leverage a sweeter NIL deal. If so, I wouldn't mind if LSU pulled their offer to send a message. (Note that NIL deals are not offered by universities themselves, but are offered by outside groups.)

Matthews "should" be close to a lock. It might come down to the 'relationship' thing I mentioned before where other schools might have the advantage of having had way more time to build rapport and trust with players. I hope allegiance to LSU (growing up wanting to play for LSU) ultimately prevails for both Citizen and Matthews. 

I think once NSD rolls around we might pick up some kids that were not on our radar because they are not from Louisiana and the previous staff was not recruiting them but that the new staff had been working on their previous jobs.

• Like 3

247 Sports' composite recruiting rankings factor in the transfer portal. After Wingo's announcement that he is coming to LSU, we are currently have the 9th ranked overall recruiting class:

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/OverallTeamRankings/

Considering Kelly was hired after the season was over and did not have his complete staff hired until Monday, that is not bad at all. (In fact it's really good.)

And we're not finished yet. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, houtiger said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33139832/five-star-lb-recruit-harold-perkins-decommits-texas-am

interesting.  LSU stayed on him, so has Florida.  Texas was on him early.

Saw this on CBS Sports dot comma:

Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star linebacker Harold Perkins has decommitted from Texas A&M, his uncle Alvin Walton tells 247Sports.

Perkins is the No. 1 ranked linebacker in the country per the 247Sports Composite and Top247 Player Rankings. He had given the Aggies a verbal during the Under Armour All-American game on Jan. 2.

“His options are open right now,” Walton told 247Sports.

Perkins is taking an official to LSU this weekend.

“I talked to him earlier today, that’s solid LSU,” Walton said.

I'd love to be able to take that out of context.

• Like 1