Gameday Tigers

Check out the new locker room!!

Fishhead

9 hours ago, Fishhead said:

The Mathieu Players Lounge

That's a true Tiger. Knows he messed up and owns it, pays LSU back bigly

Les Miles was a good coach, and a better person.  I still say that Tyrann owes his NFL career to Les, not totally, but somewhat.  The best thing that ever happened to Tyrann was when Les dismissed him from the team.  That is probably the first time Tyrann was held totally accountable for his actions with drugs.  It takes quite a bit of character for a coach to dismiss his best player, a play who as a sophomore stood on the Heisman stage.  That is when Tyrann realized he was dealing with real life, and he could have a great future (a longshot from where he stood at that time), or he could go back to the hood and disappear.  Les made that choice very clear, and fortunately Tyrann did his part and made the correct decision, and with the help of Pat Peterson and Pat's Dad, they helped get Tyrann back on the right road.  Tyrann had to be strong mentally and do his work to make it happen, and that is a tribute to Tyrann.  I think Tyrann has a good heart, and I am glad it worked out for him.  I have seen Tyrann around Les or talk about Les, and it is obvious that Tyrann respects Les for what he did, and it appears they are very good friends.  This has to be in the top 10 of really good people stories about LSU athletics IMO.

Tyrann does owe Les, and he owes Patrick Peterson too, big time.  It was he who convinced a GM to take a chance on him, and put his name on the line for TM.  I honestly don't think I've ever been more proud of a Tiger than I am of Tyrann.  He always seemed like a genuinely nice kid who just needed to find his way.  I'm so happy for him that he did.  

Archived