Gameday Tigers

2019 GDT Mancrush thread

Nutriaitch

3 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

I was talking to my friend about that. May depend in part on whether Roll  Clyde leaves after the season.  I sure hope he doesn't .

I think Clyde will leave.  I don't think he can look much better than he did this season, and if he comes back he risks an injury.  Without Burrow the offense won't look as spiffy.  I would strike while the iron is hot, be gone, pecan.

4 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I think Clyde will leave.  I don't think he can look much better than he did this season, and if he comes back he risks an injury.  Without Burrow the offense won't look as spiffy.  I would strike while the iron is hot, be gone, pecan.

My bad, I was referring to Emery transferring. Hope he doesn't. Tend to think Clyde is gone. You never know.

1 minute ago, Hatchertiger said:

My bad, I was referring to Emery transferring. Hope he doesn't. Tend to think Clyde is gone. You never know.

Hmmm.  Emery, I think he ought to stay.  Of course you don't know what is in the head of 18 year olds.  Emery and TDP would share reps next year if Clyde leaves.  Unless Curry makes a breakthrough.  Right now, I think Curry is the more likely transfer.  If Clyde goes pro, and Curry transferred, we need 2 RB in this class IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

LSU's Derek Stingley Jr. named Freshman of the Year by PFF

kaw74mbmwsexsvwrfruf
Julie Boudwin • TigerDetails
Staff Writer

LSU cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. has been named Freshman of the Year by Pro Football Focus.

The former Rivals No. 1 rated recruit hauled in four interceptions to go along with 14 pass breakups during his rookie season. Stingley gave up just 29 receptions, seeing 69 targeted passes come his way, all season long.

Pro Football Focus gave him an overall grade of 90.1.

Read the full PFF story here.