Gameday Tigers

Missing Persons Report

Fishhead

What the heck is going on out on the Ponderosa???

Here's a list of LSU players missing from practice yesterday...at some point this has to get concerning, no?  Or is Coach O playing 4d chess and load managing?  I mean, with guys like Delpit, Fulton, and Chaisson, I may buy that, especially with Fulton and Chaisson coming off injury/surgery.  But damn, Mannie Netherly??  With Fulton sitting out?  No way!  Kardell Thomas??  Charles Turner??  Chasen Hines??  Derek Stingley??  Again...Mannie Netherly with BOTH STARTING CBs sitting out???

Senior WR Derrick Dillon 
Senior WR Dee Anderson 
Senior DL Rashard Lawrence 
Senior CB Kristian Fulton 
Junior TE Jamal Pettigrew 
Junior TE TK McLendon 
Junior DL Glen Logan 
Junior DL Neil Farrell 
Junior OLB K'Lavon Chaisson 
Junior OLB Soni Fonua 
Junior Safety Grant Delpit 
Junior CB Mannie Netherly 
Sophomore OL Chasen Hines 
Freshman OL Kardell Thomas 
Freshman OL Charles Turner 
Freshman OL Thomas Perry 
Freshman OL Cameron Wire 
Freshman RB John Emery 
Freshman WR Devonta Lee 
Freshman WR Trey Palmer 
Freshman DL Nelson Jenkins 
Freshman LB Donte Starks 
Freshman CB Derek Stingley 

There's no practice today and the first "Pre-season Game" is Saturday.  Some of them, I'm hearing, were being held out to be full go Saturday.  

The two that concern me the most are Chaisson and Fulton.  For obvious reasons.  With Fulton, I'm hearing it's a mild hammy and if we were playing a real game Saturday he'd be a go.  Not hearing much on Chaisson at all, except for him saying PROMISING it's not anything with his knee. 

Emery, Stingley, they've been at every previous practice so they may be ones being held out to rest up for Saturday.  Here's hoping all is OK. 

how do these numbers stack up compared to previous coaches here?

Miles and that guy before him had closed practices. And they never really said peep about injuries.  

this staff is a LOT more open than they were. 

so are there more guys missing than usual?

or do we just actually know about it now?

26 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

Miles and that guy before him had closed practices. And they never really said peep about injuries.  

Miles wouldn’t let you know anything, O is more open. Game day, 99.9% will be dressed. Haven’t gotten anything major with injuries.

48 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

Couple things...

The limited time the media is there, all they can really do is "roll call".  So that's all they're reporting. 

Previously they couldn't even do that because no media was allowed in lol. 

I think it's a bunch of minor stuff. In retrospect,  it happened to a degree last year and aside from Pettigrew, nobody was really "injured".

2 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Couple things...

The limited time the media is there, all they can really do is "roll call".  So that's all they're reporting. 

Previously they couldn't even do that because no media was allowed in lol. 

I think it's a bunch of minor stuff. In retrospect,  it happened to a degree last year and aside from Pettigrew, nobody was really "injured".

yeah i’m thinking this may be actually nothing at all. 

just that we went from the most bland “no injuries, looked good” speak possible with no eye witnesses, to a list of guys taking a day off. 

hell for all we know this might be a LOW number this year. 

we just never got to see the list to know one way or another. 

Rashard Lawrence, Glen Logan, Kardell Thomas, Chasen Hines, Derek Stingley, John Emery, and Derrick Dillon were all back at practice today. 

Fulton, Delpit, and Chaisson were not.  

I'd be shocked if those three are included in the scrimmage tomorrow.  As I mentioned on the 2nd podcast, to my knowledge, they have to be in shells for a couple more days by NCAA mandate before they can participate in full pads, and this will be a live scrimmage. 

Burrow absent while others return to practice for LSU

BATON ROUGE — LSU quarterback Joe Burrow was absent from Friday's media viewing portion of practice, missing his first media viewing session of fall camp. While the reason for the senior quarterback's absence is unknown, head coach Ed Orgeron will address the media on Saturday following the Tigers' first scrimmage to share an update.

A source told Geaux247 that the reason for the returning starter's absence isn't anything serious, which is similar to Orgeron's response to many of the injuries the team has had during camp. Whether it's an injury or not for Burrow was not shared.

"Camp injuries. Sprain here, sprain there," Orgeron said on Tuesday. "Guys should be coming back. Nothing that would keep somebody out too long."

Redshirt sophomore Myles Brennan was running with the first team during practice, which included wide receivers Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Terrace Marshall and Racey McMath along with tight end Thaddeus Moss in the mix. Burrow looked comfortable during the limited period of viewing, which Burrow had noticed lately.

"Myles has been getting better ever since I got here," Burrow said last weekend. "I'm fully confident if I go down, he can do the same thing that I'm doing. The biggest thing he's been able to do is start understand protections and defenses really well. So he's going to be a really good player here."

Defensive linemen Rashard Lawrenceand Glen Logan, offensive linemen Kardell Thomas (gold non-contact jersey) and Chasen Hines, defensive back Derek Stingley, running back John Emery, wide receiver Derrick Dillon were among those that returned to practice following the team's day off on Thursday. Left tackle Saahdiq Charles no longer had a gold non-contact jersey on while tight end TK McLendon had one on.

Defenders K'Lavon ChaissonKristian Fulton and Grant Delpit remained absent from practice during the 10-minute media time inside the indoor practice facility. Orgeron said particularly that the injuries at defensive back allowed others to step in.

"Derek Stingley is having one great camp," Orgeron said Tuesday. "Cordale Flott, Jay Ward, Raydarious (Jones), those guys are outstanding. Mo Hampton showed today he can make some plays."

On Saturday,  the team will run through a closed scrimmage before Orgeron will speak with the media early in the afternoon following the practice in Tiger Stadium. With the injuries, it'll allow others opportunities to compete on Saturday.

"Us protect the football," Orgeron said of what he wants to see. "Block like we've been blocking. Tackle on defense. Complete passes. Have minimal penalties. Just play a good, solid basic game."

25COMMENTS

Stick with Geaux247 as we await more information from Orgeron on Burrow's absence and the other players out for the Tigers.

I look at all of this as precautionary.

This last couple of weeks was the hottest part of the year and after what happened up here at University of Maryland last year, I can't help but think that the NCAA sent the word to schools to use extreme caution in order to ensure player safety.

In addition to the major injuries that a handful of players had last year and might be at the tail end of rehab for, there is no need to aggrivate minor dings by keeping kids in practice if they can nip these in the bud now.

Did anyone really expect Burrow to miss much time?  

Burrow AND FULTON back at practice this afternoon. 

Still no Chaisson or Delpit. But more coming out on them.  Still unknown is Fulton's exact ailment, but it's said to be something that could "linger".  I have heard hamstring, nothing major, but nagging injury that you can rest him for.  I'd be fine if he's out until 9/7, to be honest.  

Chaisson, I'm pretty positive it's like the Chasen Hines thing where they're being extra cautious with his recovery from surgery, and if we had a game this weekend, he'd be available.  Players have been quoted saying it's nothing to be concerned about and when he hits the field you'll see he's better than ever. 

I was actually more concerned about Fulton than anyone, so GREAT to hear he's back at practice. 

Burrow...he'd have to have a leg amputated to sit out anything significant, and he was seen walking around Saturday and even throwing on the sidelines, so I knew he was good to go. 

Trey Palmer AND JAMAL PETTIGREW BACK!!  Glad to see JP back with no restrictions!  Been waiting to see this guy since 2018 spring game when he was putting DBs on his hood.  And Trey adds a whole new level of speed on the field.  Looking forward to him as well.

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

Trey Palmer AND JAMAL PETTIGREW BACK!!  Glad to see JP back with no restrictions!  Been waiting to see this guy since 2018 spring game when he was putting DBs on his hood.  And Trey adds a whole new level of speed on the field.  Looking forward to him as well.

Trey was in a minor car accident, nothing major, a while back. They wanted a good recovery on him. No need to push. Trey was a major athlete, too many places he can play, does too many things well. 

Good seeing you elpit was at practice with regular jersey, full go. 

Fulton also. 

Charles Turner as well. 

CEH as well... he just missed yesterday. 

I'm beginning to think it's all precautionary, but hope to see Chaisson back soon just to make me feel better about life. 

Good seeing you and Dad today, Hou!

Finally got a real injury... Kardell Thomas was injured today in practice and from what I've heard it was a significant ankle injury.  Like I doubt he'll be back this year. 

I don't know if he would've contributed more than the 4 game RS max, but sucks for the kid. A real ambassador for the Tigers in the last recruiting class. 

12 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Finally got a real injury... Kardell Thomas was injured today in practice and from what I've heard it was a significant ankle injury.  Like I doubt he'll be back this year. 

I don't know if he would've contributed more than the 4 game RS max, but sucks for the kid. A real ambassador for the Tigers in the last recruiting class. 

Getting word, Thomas will be out two months. But still can play in 4 games and still get the Red-Shirt. 

Archived