Gameday Tigers

Playoffs (Points to ponder, possibilities)

Fishhead

After 5 years of the College Football Playoff, I noticed something a little, disturbing?  Alarming?  

With five years and 4 teams per year, that means 20 possible playoff appearances, amirite? 

Well, 4 teams have a combined 14 of the total 20 possible playoff appearences. 

Alabama (5), Clemson (4), OU (3) and tOSU (2)

The following teams have one appearance each:

UGA
Washington
Michigan State
FSU
Oregon
Notre Dame

LSU needs to make some noise here.  We're talking about something that has been going on for 5 years and we haven't sniffed it.  And the obvious reason....

We can't get past Alabama. 

At least with O, we haven't suffered the complete collapse following the recent annual Alabama loss.  I was looking at LSU's results since 2011, and that was, quite frankly, a common theme with LSU losing games to friggin' Arkansas and/or Ole goldenshower following the InbredGumps game. 

LSU should be a playoff team.  They have the talent and are recruiting at a playoff contender level.  Gotta do it on the field and this year seems like the best chance we've had in a minute. 

Yeah, we play InbredGumps at Tuscaloosa, but fact is, LSU has a winning record in Tuscaloosa since 1982...11 wins vs 7 losses.  We haven't even SCORED against InbredGumps in Tiger Stadium the last couple years.  I'll take my chances with this year's schedule, having AU, TAMU, and UF at home and InbredGumps on the road. 

WIN, TIGERS!

We've been hampered by a one dimensional offense, which kept top QB's from wanting to go to LSU.  Hopefully that is changing.  I think this is the year LSU has to make some noise.  15 starters return, and that's unusual for us.  Seniors on the d-line returned.  Burrow has a year of experience as the starter and I think we've got a good backup QB, and another good scholarship QB on the team.  I think this is our best shot since 2011.

LSU has to do a better job keeping players as 4th and 5th year Sr’s. You have to look back at LSU having those guys, once into their 4th and 5th years, making a little noise. We have been a team, having an 18 or 19 year old, going against a 22 or 23 year old. In 2016, InbredGumps’s center was a 5th year Sr, last year, same thing. Having a kid 5 years in a system, adds to many things. 

16 minutes ago, Herb said:

Even if we beat Alabama, the headuptheirasses selection committee will pick Alabama as the 4th team and make LSU play them again.

Thought the same, but being honest, they've earned it in the playoff era. We haven't. 

2 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Thought the same, but being honest, they've earned it in the playoff era. We haven't. 

No.  They only earn it if they are one of the 4 best teams.  And frankly, when we beat them and they are not even in the SEC CG, they are clearly not.

(Rant off.)

Just now, Herb said:

No.  They only earn it if they are one of the 4 best teams.  And frankly, when we beat them and they are not even in the SEC CG, they are clearly not.

(Rant off.)

I specified "In the playoff era", although that has sorta occurred during that time frame as well, although UGA, who didn't beat them prior to the SECCG, won the SECCG, then LOST to InbredGumps in the NCG. 

InbredGumps was better than UGA even with a backup QB. 

But seriously, if we could so much as SCORE A POINT on Alabama in Tiger Stadium, you'd have a better argument.  

When we gave away the 2012 and 2014 games, well, at that point I knew we could hang with them and didn't necessarily consider them better.  Right now, they are our daddy more than they are anyone's, and that's a cold hard fact.  MSU and Ole Piss, Arky, hell, the DAMN CITADEL shows up against InbredGumps better than LSU does.  Why?  

Because they are our daddy and they enjoy whooping LSU more than any other team.  Period.  

Nobody wants that to end more than this guy, but the LSU football team/program has to "restore order" if they wanna change that persona. 

2 hours ago, Fishhead said:

But seriously, if we could so much as SCORE A POINT on Alabama in Tiger Stadium, you'd have a better argument.  

When we gave away the 2012 and 2014 games, well, at that point I knew we could hang with them and didn't necessarily consider them better.  Right now, they are our daddy more than they are anyone's, and that's a cold hard fact.  MSU and Ole goldenshower, Arky, hell, the DAMN CITADEL shows up against InbredGumps better than LSU does.  Why?  

Because they are our daddy and they enjoy whooping LSU more than any other team.  Period.  

Nobody wants that to end more than this guy, but the LSU football team/program has to "restore order" if they wanna change that persona. 

That's HARSH!           but accurate......

On 8/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, Fishhead said:

At least with O, we haven't suffered the complete collapse following the recent annual Alabama loss.  I was looking at LSU's results since 2011, and that was, quite frankly, a common theme with LSU losing games to friggin' Arkansas and/or Ole goldenshower following the InbredGumps game. 

are we seriously going to act like the liquid horseshit those two schools put out the last two years is even remotely equal to what Miles typically faced against them?

Ole Piss ‘16 through ‘18:   16 total wins

Ole Piss in just ‘14 & ’15:   19 total wins

Arky ‘16 through ‘18:    13 total wins

Arky in just ‘14 & ‘15:    15 total wins 

Arkansas and Ole Piss combined winning seasons since ‘16:   1  (5 losing seasons)

Arkansas combined winning seasons in ‘14 & 15:    4 (zero losing seasons)

jesus, Arky hasn’t won as many games the last two seasons combined (6) as the last Arky team Miles faced that year alone (8). 

Ole Piss for that matter is only one win better combined last two years (11) than just the last year Miles faces them (10). 

Archived