Gameday Tigers

Magic 8 Ball...What do you see for this 1st game?

Fishhead

Not a score prediction, but more a what do you think we'll see this Saturday?  Especially from the offense? 

I expect the running game to be led by Clyde Edwards-Helaire who is probably sick of hearing about the new guys lol.  Clyde is custom made for this offense, and is a tough runner.  He's gonna be fun to watch getting the ball out of the backfield in space.  

I expect Emery to get a lot of touches later and make his presence felt. 

Regarding the passing game, I expect a completely different look with shotgun sets, no huddle, a little tempo, and 4 WR sets.  I expect a crisp short passing game in the middle of the field including the backs and TEs, and I expect that to open up shots downfield outside to guys like Chase, Marshall, and yeah...Trey Palmer.  

What I HOPE to see outta the passing game is success in the red zone using guys like Chase, Racey McMath, Stephen Sullivan, and even Devonta Lee if given the opportunity.  With the athletes we have there's no excuse for not being a threat in the red zone with the passing game. 

On defense, I expect very little from Fulton and Stingley, as GSU simply isn't going to pass much or threaten to expose the Tigers in the passing game.  I do think GSU will have formations with 3-4 WR sets, but we should be more than up to the task. I think those sets are more window dressing than anything else.  

I'm looking forward to seeing Stingley on punt returns.  I'm also hoping we only see one kickoff return, which will pair Kary Vincent and CEH back deep for the Tigers. 

OK, your turn...GEAUX!

I think we'll see a somewhat conservative offense, but achieve near 50 - 50 run/pass .  I expect we'll go deep a few times to assess the o-line blocking and get the receivers warmed up for the following week.  On defense, I'll be surprised if Ga. scores more than 14.  It will be hard for them to run or throw on this defense.  I'm thinking 42 - 14.  I will look for Brennan to move the offense with the second team in and score some points.  Some guys on the second team offense want to earn more playing time.

I think we see a number of players in the game. Some of the younger folks will get in game experience. Last season 42 players started at least one game. Hope we have good weather, no injuries, lots of players getting into live action. 

Archived