Gameday Tigers

Rumor central... not good

Fishhead

From another board:

2 for sure and possibly a 3rd, and yes 1 of them is a starter. Not the 1 game variety either. Specific time frames are still being decided, so until everything is nailed down, don't expect an announcement from the staff. While SIGNIFICANTLY better, the compliance issue still hasn't been completely erased.

17 minutes ago, COTiger said:

Assuming your source is solid, when do you expect an announcement to be made?

never

they just won’t play with no reason given. 

see: Badger, Ware, & Simon vs Auburn 2011.  to this day there still has never been an official suspension announcement. 

9 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

never

they just won’t play with no reason given. 

see: Badger, Ware, & Simon vs Auburn 2011.  to this day there still has never been an official suspension announcement. 

Agree, but I will say O is far more transparent than Miles.  That said, do you remember the BYU opener a couple years ago?  Hell, half the team was suspended and we didn't know until practically game time. 

Baton Rouge is a smallish town with regards to LSU though.  We'll know Saturday who's out. We may never know why, but we'll know who.

15 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Saturday just after kickoff lol. Like always

OK, let me rephrase the question.  If your source has an inside source and suspensions are made, when, if ever do you think he will find out?  In this day of instant Internet "news", I can't imagine it being kept under wraps for long.

It's one thing to find out and another to share it lol. 

Seriously, I doubt we truly know who until Saturday and we may never know the reason.  But if it's 6 games as rumored, it's:

1) Not academics
2) Not your garden variety weed pop
3) Maybe PEDs??

5 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

It's one thing to find out and another to share it lol. 

Seriously, I doubt we truly know who until Saturday and we may never know the reason.  But if it's 6 games as rumored, it's:

1) Not academics
2) Not your garden variety weed pop
3) Maybe PEDs??

If you find out, I'll be willing to bet more than a dollar you won't be alone.  IconLOL.gif.15fa2c2fde7e8e873ffedc73b56a56fe.gif

1 minute ago, COTiger said:

If you find out, I'll be willing to bet more than a dollar you won't be alone.  IconLOL.gif.15fa2c2fde7e8e873ffedc73b56a56fe.gif

It's literally everywhere already.  But some places try to get specific with rumors and you just can't do that lol.  A bunch of folks were saying Charles like they know, yet there he is out there practicing with the 1st team OL.  Why give him those reps if he's out the first 6 games??

Well, something's likely going on.  Lotsa smoke for no fire.  But worry?  Well, I mean it's par for the course. 

We're not Alabama starting 2 true frosh and MLB, including replacing a Butkus type dude.  

We're not MSU with 10 players suspended and 3 years probation including scholly limits.

We're not TAMU with male cheerleaders in milkmen costumes. 

I think we're alright.

57 minutes ago, Herb said:

Could also be that they don't want him to get hurt in a warmup game?

He ran 3rd team yesterday.  He could get hurt doing that.  I seriously hope we're not holding guys out during installation of an actual game plan so they don't get hurt. 

Plus, they're in shells this week.  I mean, they're blocking but they have non-contact jerseys for that scenario.  Traore was in one today.  Maybe HE'S the one they don't wanna take a chance with for some reason... 😉

Wednesday LSU practice report: Saahdiq Charles absent

ByBILLY EMBODY 5 hours ago 

BATON ROUGE — LSU was on the practice field for the final open practice to the media on Wednesday and left tackle Saahdiq Charles was absent while backup tackle Badara Traore was in a gold non-contact jersey.

Freshman safety Marcel Brooks was back on the field, backing up what head coach Ed Orgeron said earlier in the day. Earlier on Wednesday, Orgeron spoke on the first SEC Coaches Teleconference of the season and said Brooks will be fine while also offering an update on 2019 signee Donte Starks.

"He's (Starks) taking a course. He hasn't finished that course yet and I don't have any updates," Orgeron said on the teleconference. "Marcel Brooks? Oh yea, he'll be fine."

Brooks though was working out with the outside linebackers during drills, joining Michael Divinity, who had moved over to inside linebacker dating back to the spring, but has been back with the outside linebackers.

Offensive guard Chasen Hines was a full participant while he continues to battle Adrian Magee for the starting spot at left guard.

Defensive lineman Soni Fonua and outside linebacker Travez Moore were among the missing players during the viewing portion while tight end TK McLendon returned to practice.

Orgeron began the teleconference sharing how excited he is for the regular season to get underway and how the Tigers respect Georgia Southern, who the team will face on ESPNU Saturday evening.

"Very excited to play Georgia Southern in Tiger Stadium, Saturday night at 6:30. Be a tremendous night for our football team," Orgeron explained. "Our team and coaches worked very hard in camp. Now it's time to play someone else. We have total respect for Georgia Southern and the job that their coach has done. They're a very well coached football team."

On Monday, Orgeron said the season opener is the culmination of hard work by the staff and players. He's got a few details he wants to look sharp, but overall, he's ready to get the season going.

"I'm excited. I see how hard our staff works. I see our guys coming together. First game, there's always some questions in your mind. What about this? Talked about game management, make sure everything is clean," Orgeron said at his press conference earlier this week. "I tell our guys we put 11 men on the field and fight like Tigers. Substitution is critical. Running on and off the field. Looking sharp, tackling hard, blocking, playing like Tigers."

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

2 starters and a backup. The oft mentioned starter is 6 games

I thought it was 1 starter?  Enough of this stuff already.  I wonder why O just doesn't announce the names, let them serve their suspension, and put this sh*t behind us.

Archived