Gameday Tigers

Sorta Back/Here

Eq4bits

Hey all. Been a rough few months with hubs health is why I dropped off the radar. Love the podcast! Great job guys!

so it’s gameday and we’re at MDA in Houston as in patient - hubs has 3 vertebral compression fractures plus a couple other issues going on that turned this out-patient 2 days of appts into an inpatient stay of who knows how long.

T/G I brought the Roku with me from home when we traveled Wednesday, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to watch game (except on my itty bitty phone screen) specially since broadcast is now SECN and not ESPNU as it originally was scheduled .... not even sure espnu is available on hospital tv i *know* secn isn’t.

so I’m ‘tailgating’ with a ginger ale, pretzels & hummus, and a chicken salad sandwich....

may go for a hospital cafeteria quesadilla before the game.

anyways, have missed you guys. My tiger family has sustained me these last couple of years and I love you all.

if there’s a chat for the game i’ll Try to join for a bit

• Like 5

So they did the ‘cement’ thing (kytoplasty?) yesterday late afternoon. It was successful!  He actually was able to bend his knees up in bed this morning without screaming in pain. He’s still on 0.3 delautid an hour via continuous pump, but this is progress.

Still getting IV antibiotics for high CMV level; waiting to hear what the plan is now regarding the endo/colo & when they’ll discharge him.

• Like 2

Interesting note: hubs nurse for last couple of days has a son that plays middle LB for Dawson HS in Pearland TX  was an inside LB last year but got moved. Name of Devin Benson.

nurses cousin was Cedrick Benson AA RB out of UTx under Mack Brown & played for Bears & Packers in NFL, killed last month in a motorcycle accident.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, Eq4bits said:

Interesting note: hubs nurse for last couple of days has a son that plays middle LB for Dawson HS in Pearland TX  was an inside LB last year but got moved. Name of Devin Benson.

nurses cousin was Cedrick Benson AA RB out of UTx under Mack Brown & played for Bears & Packers in NFL, killed last month in a motorcycle accident.

Heres his latest film from game last friday he’s #9 for dawson:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8293489/5daa91894df5ee0ed425b622

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.......

my iphone 11 (got it as an upgrade on 9/29) crapped out today, headed to Houston tomorrow for hubs appts mon & Tuesday  so going to Apple Store in highland village to get a replacement hopefully, appt is for 3:30.......... So soon as I get hubs settled at hotel I'll head to Apple.

probably won't be able t make chat during game cuz this iPad doesn't respond well.

FML