Gameday Tigers

Fish and Nootch-Vandy Preview GDT Podcast

Fishhead

29 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

In this episode, Herb gets a shout out...of sorts.  And Nootch cusses Nick Saban.  Like, NSFKids cusses Nick Saban.  

Proceed accordingly! 

Geaux Tigers!

20 minutes ago, Eq4bits said:

There can never be enough NSFK cussing out of $aban .....

i’m gonna do it again next time he’s discussed. 

• Like 2

• Fishhead pinned and featured this topic

Gotta avoid injuries in a game like this to starters. If so much as a Golden Girl breaks a nail, we wrong. Bloddy em up, bring our boys home healthy. Game.

I will still approve of Aranda working on the zone game tho. That is an area that is gonna come into need later in the season. We look like world-beaters when they play man, so shore up some zone in a game we know we are gonna outscore em. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

John Curtis taking a shot at Jesuit! :popcorn:

Speaking of...

Did you know that the Jesuit Blue Jays Football team went to the State Championship for the 2014 season and played against the John Curtis Patriots and for the first time since 1978 against St. Augustine. Jesuit defeated John Curtis 17-14 to win the Division 1 state championship. Running back Charles Jackson was voted the game's most valuable player.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/john-curtis-christian-patriots-(river-ridge,la)/football/records/year_by_year_results.htm

2008J. Curtis14-1-0

State Champion

Show Comment2007J. Curtis12-2-0

State Champion

Show Comment2006J. Curtis14-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment200510-1-0

State Champion

Show Comment2004J. Curtis14-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment2002J. Curtis14-1-0

State Champion

Show Comment2001J. Curtis14-1-0

State Champion

Show Comment1999J. Curtis13-1-0

State Champion

Show Comment1998J. Curtis13-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment1997J. Curtis13-1-0

State Champion

Show Comment1996J. Curtis14-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment1993J. Curtis14-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment1990J. Curtis15-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment1988J. Curtis12-1-0

State Champion

Show Comment1987J. Curtis12-1-0

State Champion

Show Comment1985J. Curits13-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment1984J. Curtis14-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment1983J. Curtis13-0-0

State Champion [+]

Show Comment

1 minute ago, Fishhead said:

I just went back to when I started HS.  

Game over lol

Dude...I can go back to like 1911 if you want.

The year my dad graduated from Jesuit (1946), Jesuit went undefeated and won state championships in Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Track.  No other school in Louisiana has ever done that.

I'd be willing to bet that if we just limited it to football, Jesuit will still have won more state championships than Curtis.

Something like 12 MLB players went to Jesuit, 4 mayors, and a Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court.

(But then, there are me and my brothers.)

Yeah, well Reggie Dupard.  

OK, so he was aight....

Joe McKnight! (RIP)

FYI, I didn't even talk to most of the football players when I was in HS.  I was strictly baseball. 

And jelly of Jesuit and Will Clark.  

I saw him hit one to the parking lot at Metairie Playground one time.  

22 minutes ago, cajunlostincali said:

Gotta avoid injuries in a game like this to starters. If so much as a Golden Girl breaks a nail, we wrong. Bloddy em up, bring our boys home healthy. Game.

I will still approve of Aranda working on the zone game tho. That is an area that is gonna come into need later in the season. We look like world-beaters when they play man, so shore up some zone in a game we know we are gonna outscore em. 

Well O was chatting today and said about Charles, "he'll be available".  Said the same about Chase.  

We hates it when he says that. 

Also, what happened to the Ingram update?  Was hoping for that today or yesterday. 

Any Golden Girl that suffers in any way, I'll be happy to console her/them/all of them. 

9 hours ago, cajunlostincali said:

what up Cali?

welcome aboard