Gameday Tigers

LSU @ Vandy .... 11 am

Nutriaitch

Drained: LSU fans drink Nashville bar dry of vodka at 9 a.m.

Andrew Olson | 46 minutes ago

Nashville is becoming an increasingly popular road trip for SEC fans. The Music City is still learning how to properly handle being invaded by SEC football fans.

LSU alum Taylor Martina had quite the amusing story to share on Twitter Saturday morning: Tigers fans had already drained one bar’s vodka supply before 10 a.m. Nashville local time. (That’s a lot of morning screwdrivers…)

Joe Burrow > Shea Patterson and Jim Harbaugh sucks 

Quarterback Shea Patterson was replaced by Dylan McCaffrey late in the half, and McCaffrey started the second half before exiting because of injury.

Patterson returned to help Michigan avoid being shutout.

"I'm sick of how Michigan looked," Woodson said after the game. "I'm embarrassed about that." 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2019/09/21/charles-woodson-dumbfounded-after-michigan-football-no-shows-vs-wisconsin/2402407001/

Like way better.

Thanks to Hatcher for the highlights!  I drove to Destin on Saturday, left home at 6 am due to I-10 being out of commission from east houston to the Tx state line, due to flooding from tropical depression.  One place got 40" of rain in two days!!!  I drove 40 miles north to Conrow, then east through Livingston and Jasper, across the Sabine river into La. at Merryville, then 40 miles south to Lake Charles.  Early in the AM, no traffic, no stopping.

Looking at the highlights, I remember how last year I liked the game of JaMarr Chase.  This year he has developed so much more.  The year over year improvement is HUGE.  He is a full blown star.  Burrow continues to impress, he can really put the ball in the correct spot where his receiver is the only one who can catch it.

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

I drove to Destin on Saturday, left home at 6 am due to I-10 being out of commission from east houston to the Tx state line, due to flooding from tropical depression.  One place got 40" of rain in two days!!!  I drove 40 miles north to Conrow, then east through Livingston and Jasper, across the Sabine river into La. at Merryville, then 40 miles south to Lake Charles. 

Does Highway 90 still run East - West outside of Houston proper?

Some stats that re going around about the game:

- LSU packed 32,000 fans into a Vanderbilt stadium with a max capacity of 39,720
- Vanderbilt concessions sell out of beer before the half. LSU fans erupt as trucks arrive for an emergency beer run at halftime
- Campus bar sells out of liquor at 9:40am after opening at 9am

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

Yes, you can take hwy 90 to Florida if you want, when it is not under water.

I was born & raised in SW Louisiana.  I remember driving from SW La to Houston on 90 in the '50s.  I mistakingly thought it was further North of I-10 than it is.

Archived