Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Utah State ..... 11am

Nutriaitch

In lieu of the preview podcast, which failed technically, I'll add a bit to the game topic. 

Jordan Love is a really good QB on a bad team.  He's a gunslinger, and has wheels. But his wheels typically get him into trouble. At least this year.  He's more comfortable in the pocket for sure. 6TDs vs 5 picks. Yummy pastries!!

Defensively they cannot stop LSU. Jefferson should be good, Chase is looking to take over the world. With Ingram starting and the Lanard situation, I'd expect to see an effort to get Emery and Davis-Price more touches ahead of the grind forthcoming. 

Fulton to slot is interesting, Flott will be tested early and often. K'lavon will be back and hopefully flushing Love outta the pocket. They run plays faster than LSU even, so sacks may be difficult to come by. 

They gotta guy that returned a kickoff 108 yds last week. We have Avery Atkins.  He'd have to return 118 yds, so that ain't happening. 

It'll be literally 50° hotter plus infinitely more humid than these guys have been practicing in. You cannot prepare for this.  They won't wanna come back out after halftime. They may melt by then. 

Tigers will put 50+ on these Aggies, and the D keeps them mostly in check. 

5-0 cometh,  Victory for LSU

601 yds total offense, and we didn't seem to push the offense.  Definitely tried to run clock and get the run game going.  And that we did.  Huge time of possession advantage and our best game running the ball.  Over 250 on the ground!  Nootch will be happy about that.  Emery gotta get the ball tucked away.  He's so shifty, but appears to be trying to force the home run play every time he touches it.  Ball was in the wrong hand and not tucked away when he fumbled.  

Still, Joe with 5 TD passes plus one on the ground.  Burrow to 2nd for "most TDs in a season" as an LSU QB.  J-Rock and Mauck tied for 1st.  Burrow with 22, 6 behind those two LSU greats. 

Defense:  NOTICEABLE improvement on the issues we've had so far this year.  Almost no missed tackles, 3 INTs, Delpit got his, Queen gotta be defensive POG.  10 tackles for loss for the defense!  Gave up a whopping 19 yds rushing.  

No doubt most complete game so far, VERY encouraging going forward.  

With the defensive performance today, LSU will move into the top 20 nationally on defense. 

That's having played Texas, NWSt, and Utah St....all HUNH teams.  AND a triple option team. 

I'll take that no matter the competition.  GREAT job by the coaches tuning up the tackling over the bye week.  Not sure about Flott at CB and Fulton at Nickle.  I'll have to re-watch to see how that worked, but overall fantastic day for the D against a top offense!

Ingram came in for what seemed like every other offensive series in the 2nd half.  When he was in, I tried to watch him as much as possible. He was a moving wall unto himself...it was great to see him finally get on the field.

When he was in, it seemed like any rushing play was going through the holes he was opening up.  That includes most of Emery's runs as well as the almost 1st down Brennan had where he was inches short.

Due to the heat, big bodies were rotating in and out. I assume Ingram will play more and more from here out.  He definately gives us a shot in the arm at the part of the offense that had the biggest question marks coming into the season.  May everyone on the team stay healthy from here out.

In case anyone wasn't paying attention...we got a team.

Archived