Gameday Tigers

LSU vs FU ..... 7:00pm ..... ESPN

Nutriaitch

Whale whale whale....looky what we found out tonight.  Our offense IS legit, no matter the defense.  Nobody can stop us, but can we stop better offenses?  We face one coming up for sure.  

Offense standouts: 

THE OL!!! No sacks, UF by FAR led the nation in sacks.  ZERO, bishes!  Had a fan (UF) on another message board say Joe would be a vegan by night's end eating so much grass.  Nah son, Joe is a damn CARNIVORE!

CEH!!  Huge game and really this is certainly in large part due to the OL.  But nootch has been begging for "chunk plays" from the run game...well, there ya' go.  How about right off the bat?  And continued to get them all night.  
Ty Davis-Price with the BURST up the middle!  Deculus was a damn plow on that run.  

Chase and Jefferson...just unreal how good these guys are.  Marshall was catching bombs in pregame, fully dressed out.  He's still gotta get some more lateral mobility, but I can't imagine anyone stopping that 3 headed monster once he's back.  

Defense standouts:

Chaisson!  Everyone looks at one thing with him, but he's more than just a sack maker.  He changes plays all game long.  They wanna run outside and he recognizes it, pushes it back inside for his teammates to get the tackle.  He's constantly held, and he still got a great sack tonight!  Oh, and Trask running the option is no match for him.  BALLGAME!

Marcel Brooks! Rumble young man rumble.  He was great in blitz packages, even though he got called for hitting the QB in the hip/ass for some reason negating a pick by Fulton.  That's a clean hit!  Can't hit em high, low, or in the middle??  Put flags on em, dammit. 

Damone Clark, Shelvin, and yeah, Logan impacted the game.  Honestly I thought early on they should take Logan and Lawrence out and put Fehoko and Farrell back in, but Logan did come through and as long as Lawrence is healthy, he's getting attention allowing Shelvin to eat!  

Stingley...my man crush.  Got ABUSED on one drive, but then played perfect on the pass to the end zone on the next drive, another INT!  3 in the last 3 games.  Looked to be a bit dazed and underwent a concussion test.  He passed it, right before the drive he got the INT on. 

Finally........DAVE ARANDA!  I was KILLING this guy during the first half, on my way to help him pack.  I'm still not TOTALLY happy with his play calling, but I begged him to blitz and he FINALLY did!  Made the difference on D in the 2nd half IMO, along with that Uncle Eddie mfer on the other sideline taking Trask out for Jones so much.  What a maroon..............

I've wanted to see this team have better balance on offense, and we've finally got it!  Forget about our rushing to stop our passing, and we can get a chunk on you.  Play the run, and we'll pass on you.  Seems we had to get rid of Miles to arrive here, and it took us a few years, but we got here.

What I see from Joe Burrow, he may be the best QB in college football this year.  In the championship game last January, Tua got rattled.  He may be better now, but he may not handle pressure that well.  Joe does seem to handle pressure fairly well.  When we play InbredGumps this year, for the first time in forever, LSU may have a slight edge at QB, or it's a toss-up.

I really enjoyed this Fla. game.  Two talented teams, both well coached, exciting stuff.  Lots of star players headed to the NFL.

What a game!!!!  Stadium was on fire, loud and I can barely talk this morning.

If anybody had any doubt about whether our offense is legit, well it is. 😉 Joe Burrow man, that guy has IT!  Loved the way we kept the petal to the metal at the end of the game instead of trying to milk the clock with the run game. Playing to win v. playing not to lose. 

Biggest play of the game?  Stingley's interception.  You could feel the momentum shift inside of the stadium.

We have two very talented freshman RBs and they are going to have some great games. But we also have a guy by the name of Clyde Edwards Helaire. He's not gonna wow you will his physical prowess or overwhelm you with athleticism but the man can play football and is as tough as nails.  He was the ying to Burrow's yang last night. Balance? Yep we had it last night.

Lots of people worried about our D.  I'm not sure if we were simply trying to get pressure with our front four in the first half without blitzing etc. or not , however, part of the issue there was Kyle Trask FL's QB.  He made some really good throws into pretty good coverage. Happy we got some pressure on him in the second half. (Looking forward to rewatching the game to look at this issue. You know ... "After further review...")

I will also give kudos to Stephan Sullivan. He only had one catch that I can recall.  However, he was awesome in down field blocking. On one of Clyde's long runs and on "TD" Price's touchdown (SWIDT?) run he stayed on his man like glue and didn't quit blocking until the play was over.

Weather was great. Campus was great. Tailgate was a blast. Go Tigers! (Said in my best and very respectful Ed Orgeron voice!)

If Florida can't contain LSU, maybe no one can: LSU ran just 48 plays and racked up 511 yards in a 42-28 win. For those keeping score at home, that's 10.6 yards per play; the Gators allowed just 4.5 on the season coming into Saturday. LSU also attempted just four third downs all game. If Florida, who has one of college football's best defenses, can't prevent LSU from effectively getting a first down every snap, maybe no one will. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-top-25-scores-overreactions-week-7-good-luck-keeping-up-with-lsu-florida-best-in-sec-east/

It all comes down to this, Auburn, open date, Alabama.  The InbredGumps D will be better than the Florida D, and their offense will be better than the Florida O, considerably better, consider Tua vs. Trask, and that Najee Harris guy at RB.  But right now, we have to focus on Moo U.

6 minutes ago, dachsie said:

If we do it to Tua, it's definitely a low hit penalty!  But no, I think it was a bad call.

The rule:

April 16, 2014 3:54pmGreg Johnson

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel, which met via conference call Wednesday, approved a new football rule to better protect passers from low contact at or below the knee.

The rule specifically covers a scenario in which a quarterback is in a passing posture with one or both feet on the ground. In that situation, no defensive player rushing unabated can hit him forcibly at or below the knee. The defensive player also may not initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit the quarterback in the knee area or below.

Exceptions for these types of hits occur when:

• the passer becomes a runner, either inside or outside the tackle box;
  • the defender grabs or wraps the passer in an attempt to make a conventional tackle;
  • the defender is not rushing unabated or is blocked or fouled into the passer.

A violation of this rule applies when defenders are rushing unabated to the quarterback, and it will result in a 15-yard roughing the passer penalty.

Archived