Gameday Tigers

LSU vs FU ..... 7:00pm ..... ESPN

Nutriaitch

14 minutes ago, houtiger said:

The InbredGumps D will be better than the Florida D,

you haven’t watched Alabama this year, have you?

this ain’t the Tide defense’s if years past. they may not even be top 3 defenses we play this year  

Florida is easily better.  no contest. 

A&M is probably better. 

Auburn at worse is probably on par with them. 

27 minutes ago, houtiger said:

It all comes down to this, Auburn, open date, Alabama.  The InbredGumps D will be better than the Florida D, and their offense will be better than the Florida O, considerably better, consider Tua vs. Trask, and that Najee Harris guy at RB.  But right now, we have to focus on Moo U.

No, they're literally the 8th ranked D IN THE CONFERENCE.  I saw a Gump poster saying they'll put 50 on us.  I agreed, and he agreed we'd put more than 50 on them.  Their D is sketchy at best.  

In the interview with David Pollack that I posted somewhere, I thought it was interesting when he talked about LSU fans dissatisfaction with the defense.  He basically said today's modern offenses are hard to defend.  He said in an RPO play, the QB is reading a LB, and with the ball in the RB belly if the LB comes up to take the RB, the QB will pull the ball out and throw it to a receiver moving into the LB vacated spot.  If the LB hangs back to play pass, the QB will let the RB keep the ball.  As Pollack said, the play design is controlled by the QB read, and whatever decision the LB makes, the QB can make it an incorrect decision.  Pollack said "they cheat now" (not true, it was a joke).

Pollack kind of laughted and said "Welcome to the Big 12!".  Forget about the old 3 yards and a cloud of dust, and 9 - 6 victories.  It's a new world.

It requires good players on defense at every level, but really puts a premium on the secondary, corners and safeties.  We are giving up some passing yards this year, but you have to assess your secondary by a new standard.  Our secondary has busted some plays this year, but overall, their knowledge of where to go seems to be improving, I think we are doing better defending "bunch" lineups than we did against Texas early in the year, and individual play is damn good, especially Stingley.  Tackling is improving.  I like what I see as the season moves along.  The defense is improving like a good team should, and I think I see good defensive coaching bringing that about.  How do you forget how to tackle though?

The busted plays are a risk, it's gonna happen. But you have to pick your poison. I'd prefer a busted play or two over having the defense on the field for damn near 40 minutes like they were Saturday night. 

Aranda needs to forget this 3 to 4 man rush and zone shyte because they're scoring anyway and keeping our offense on the sideline. We had 4 damn possessions in the first half!

We scored 42 points on 48 total plays! We can score on anyone. UNLESS WE DON'T HAVE THE BALL! Take more chances, be more aggressive on D. Sometimes we'll get burned, but sometimes we won't and we'll turn em over or get sacks. Just do what it takes to get the D off the field and let the O dominate. 

Herby even said it during the broadcast. Get 1 turnover and that's ballgame. Because we're GONNA score. 

And that's exactly what happened. 

Archived