Gameday Tigers

2020 LSU Football Commitments

Herb

5 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Think the Evans train has left the LSU station. You hearing different?

No.

I think prima donnas assume LSU will fawn all over them if they are 'available'. When he withdrew his committment to UGA, my impression is that he thought that LSU would be begging for him to sign and come play in Baton Rouge.

Having said that, I would not assume Evans winds up at TAMU.  This is the kind of splash Joey Freshwater was famous for making a last minute play for when he was at Rocky Top.

Bingo...

BREAKING: Texas RB Kevontre Bradford commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
January 26, 2020

Ed Orgeron and staff have their class of 2020 running back and Kevontre Bradford‍ of Lancaster has given his verbal commitment.  

The 5-foot-11, 195-pound Bradford committed to LSU over offers from Wisconsin, Ohio State, Florida, Texas and others.

He announced his commitment to LSU via Twitter at the conclusion of of his official visit weekend in Baton Rouge.

In an interview with TigerBait.com last week, Lancaster head football coach Chris Gilbert had this to say about Bradford.

“He’s a very versatile player. He’s in the 4.3 range for the 40. He’s a track kid, is a 100m guy, 4x100, 4x200, and has been on varsity since he was a freshman. Runs the 100m in 10.5. There’s a lot he can do,” Gilbert said. “He can catch the ball and he runs really strong and has breakaway speed. He is so fast on long touchdowns it looks like he is jogging cause he’s so far ahead of everybody.

“He’s physical when it needs to be and fast when he needs to be. He has good enough talent and ball skills that you don’t have to change the personnel if you want to go to an empty set and use him as a wide out. He’s a special talent, and the type of guy the big guys recruit. ”

LSU’s class of 2020 now has 19 signees and four unsigned commitments for a total of 23.

Kevontre Bradford senior season highlight film

LSU Tigers Highland Mint College Football Playoff 2019 National Champions 12'' x 20'' Panorama Photo Mint

• Like 3

Kevantre Bradford was down to LSU and Wisconsin.

I was worried that he'd pick Wisconsin over LSU simply because their offense features the run game 1st whereas our 'new' offense does not. We' close enough for his family to come watch...Whiskey might have been harder for his family.

So glad we got him. We needed at least one quality RB in this class.

5 hours ago, Herb said:

BTW...Kayshon Boutte was elevated to a 5 Star recruit by 247Sports:

https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2020/01/21/2020-lsu-football-signee-gets-elevated-five-star-status/

Watching film on this one, he will be too hard keeping off the field. I would guess McMath would start at the third WR, taking Jefferson’s place. But this one could come in and get major minutes. We are bringing in two major TE’s, one is better than anything we have ever had at LSU. They along with whats left at the position, gives us a number of options with formations. Something Steve enjoys. Spring game will be fun to see the early entries to the roster. 

*5 defensive lineman Jordan Burch and his mom visited LSU on an unofficial visit this past Saturday through Monday. Here is what he had to say following the visit. Good luck deciphering what he is going to do on NSD.  Some are saying LSU leads because he and his mom paid their own way to come back for a visit. I'd say its 50-50 what he is going to do which of course means we at least have a chance. My gut is that he sticks with his commitment to USCe

When asked the reasoning behind the order of his finalists, and decision to pick South Carolina, Burch circled conversations with his mother about where they felt he was most-needed.

"Me and my mom we discussed -- I wanted to go somewhere where I can be a priority and not another option," he said. "I feel like different places I could play and make a big impact if I just wanted to be like a guy on the team that people need."

Burch said his decision to not sign with the Gamecocks in December was a result of his plans to join his teammates at Hammond High during February's National Signing Day ceremony.

"Teammates," he responded. "They're signing in February so I'm going to sign in February."

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Jordan-Burch-takes-in-an-LSU-visit-before-NSD-142674042

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

*5 defensive lineman Jordan Burch and his mom visited LSU on an unofficial visit this past Saturday through Monday. Here is what he had to say following the visit. Good luck deciphering what he is going to do on NSD.  Some are saying LSU leads because he and his mom paid their own way to come back for a visit. I'd say its 50-50 what he is going to do which of course means we at least have a chance. My gut is that he sticks with his commitment to USCe

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Jordan-Burch-takes-in-an-LSU-visit-before-NSD-142674042

A couple things here, Muschamp son, took a offer with another school, Colorado St. Many times a coach knows when his days may be numbered. Burch’s mom has a good job there and may want him to stay close. The son, seems to want him mom to visit, just to let her see why he is liking LSU. The son looks to be trying to convince Mom, this is the place he wants to be. 

Yes he gave them a verbal, but didn’t sign, LSU kept on him. Until someone signs, they are still recruitable. 

How this one ends? But I like our chances. Better than they were in the early signing period. 

• Like 1

I like it when a coach's kid plays for a different school than the one his dad coaches. They get out from under the shadow of their dad and escape any claims of favortism, etc.,.

Given the choice of going to school in Fort Collins, CO or Columbia, SC I'd pick Fort Collins eleven times out of ten...just saying. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Herb said:

I like it when a coach's kid plays for a different school than the one his dad coaches. They get out from under the shadow of their dad and escape any claims of favortism, etc.,.

Given the choice of going to school in Fort Collins, CO or Columbia, SC I'd pick Fort Collins eleven times out of ten...just saying. 🙂

Yep, not even a choice. I just love Colorado. If you ever get time, visit a lot town up there called Creede, Co. My aunt and uncle ran a campground up there. You can spend weeks up there and stay busy every day. 

32 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

Yep, not even a choice. I just love Colorado. If you ever get time, visit a lot town up there called Creede, Co. My aunt and uncle ran a campground up there. You can spend weeks up there and stay busy every day. 

I lived in Denver for 10+ years...moved away in 1997. Unfortunately, I never got to Creede but I have been near there in Alamosa.

• Like 1

Jordan Burch and here we geaux:

Now we know when the five-star lineman will make his final decision as Lou Bezjak of The State is reporting Burch will be signing with his school of choice on Feb. 5 at 1 p.m. ET on National Signing Day.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/jordan-burch-signing-decision-date-south-carolina-lsu-recruiting-2020/

I watched some film on Arik Gilbert and was very impressed.  He is quick, fluid, his footwork running routes is excellent, and he appears to have good hands.  I don't recall any TE at LSU having his kind of athleticism, or course that was not what Les Miles wanted when he was recruiting.  He looks much smoother than Thad Moss.  Gilbert will keep the TE as a weapon in the offense, and keep us hard to defend. 

Having watched film on Gilbert, we have never had a TE like him ever at LSU, never. He is enrolled at LSU and will participate in the Spring. This is one guy that can change a defense, big time. The thing is, right now, with Marshall and Chase, add this guy to the mix, you spread out the defense. Taylor, the other TE coming in with Gilbert, is no slouch either. As Spring gets closer, we will go over the offense. This season will be more of reload, not as much of a rebuild. 

The OL will be one to keep an eye on. 57, Ingram and Deculus return, they have all return as guys that have started a number of games. Rose has started games also. His starts with having Charles out, will add to his experience and in game study. We keep adding to depth along this line. 

RE McKinnley Jackson from DandyDon:

Jackson, who was once committed to LSU before reopening his recruitment last February, says he will announce his decision on National Signing Day (Wednesday, February 5) at about 9:30 a.m. CT from George County High School. He’s expected to choose between LSU, Alabama, and Texas A&M. He’s scheduled to visit with the Aggies this weekend.