Gameday Tigers

2020 LSU Football Commitments

Herb

2 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Don't do this to yourself lol.

The old saying, watch what they do, not what they say.  In this case, he's done nothing and said nothing to indicate he's interested in LSU.

Yes I know, that's why its phrased in terms of a question and not a statement. Trying to figure out if anyone has information one way or the other.

Just now, Hatchertiger said:

Yes I know, that's why its phrased in terms of a question and not a statement. Trying to figure out if anyone has information one way or the other.

I've read both ways just this morning.  Unfortunately, it started off as excitement for LSU, then went the other way. 

UGA did take a surprise OL this morning out of the blue.  It's weird. 

So quite anti-climatic, Burch signs with South Carolina after all. 

The GOOD news, (Optimist Fish speaking now), we have 3 spots to carry over or spend in the transfer portal.  I hope we can find an ILB in the portal and carry over the two remaining spots til next class.  It is a good thing to have extra spots coming off the National Championship.  This is not the class the championship pays off. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

The GOOD news, (Optimist Fish speaking now), we have 3 spots to carry over or spend in the transfer portal. 

I did not think that next year we could sign more than 25 under any circumstances.  What can we use these "carried over" spots for, other than taking a transfer?

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

I did not think that next year we could sign more than 25 under any circumstances.  What can we use these "carried over" spots for, other than taking a transfer?

2021 will be 25, but if 3 can enroll early, you can apply them to 2020.  Been this way a few years. 

So we can get up to 28 (assuming we don't take a transfer and lower the number available), but only 25 will count towards next year.  The others will apply to 2020.  

So here's how InbredGumps does it. 

We're currenly "+3",  If we sign 26 next year and one of those is an early enrollee, then we're +2.  We can continue to carry this forward.  

Miles tried to do this later in his stint at LSU but compliance didn't like it.  I imagine Mr. Woodward tells em to shove it up their arse if they try to stop it again.  Saban is the master at this.  That's why he's able to sign 27 or whatever. 

FWIW, there's a lot more to it.  Some will not technically sign an LOI, just sign financial papers.  Somehow those wind up not counting.  Like I said, Saban is the master of this.  But for next year, we can absolutely carry these 3 spots forward and apply them to 2020 if they are eligible for early enrolling.  That's actually pretty common. 

• Like 1