Gameday Tigers

2020 LSU Football Commitments

Herb

BREAKING: Ali Gaye commits to LSU

BySHEA DIXON 36 minutes ago 

Title/Alt Text(Photo: 247Sports)

LSU's rolling on the recruiting trail, adding another verbal commitment on Sunday morning when JUCO defensive end Ali Gaye shut down his recruitment and committed to the Tigers.

Gaye and his family spent the weekend at LSU on an official visit, which gave him the chance to see the campus and facilities for the first time, as well as spend some one-on-one time with the staff to get a feel for how he would fit into LSU's program. Before leaving campus, the Washington native pulled the trigger and gave head coach Ed Orgeron his verbal commitment.

From meeting with the coaches to their interactions with the support staff throughout the visit, Gaye said LSU offered up the total package with a red carpet weekend where all questions were answered and boxes were checked. 

"As soon as we got there my parents were convinced that it would be a good spot for me," Gaye said after the family met with the coaches and staff on hand for his visit. "It was the way they all showed interest in me. And with that group, I know they can make me successful on and off the field. It was an easy decision. And then when I hung around the players and just saw how they all had a brotherhood and how they all connected, that brotherhood they had showed me was something special. It's what I want. They are the type of guys and people that I want to be around.

"It feels great. It takes the weight off my back, for sure. I found what I wanted. I didn't want to take any other visits. I am done now."

Gaye is being recruited to LSU by assistant Bill Busch, who Gaye said played a key role in the Tigers beating out Oklahoma, Nebraska and others for his commitment.

"He has been talking to me since day one, him and (graduate assistant Christian LaCouture) really wanted me," Gaye said. "Busch texts me and we FaceTime and make calls and he checks in on my parents and high school coach. And of course the coaching staff, the team, the school, the players, it was great. And just getting to know Coach Busch better when I got out there this weekend with my family, I was impressed with my visit. It really felt like home. The coaches were really involved with the players."

Gaye, who signed with Washington as an in-state prospect in the 2017 class, has since spent time at both Arizona Western and now Garden City Community College, suiting up for head coach Tom Minnick at both spots.

“They come and watch him play and run around, and the feeling is that this kid is going to be a star down the road," Minnick said. "He gets better and better. I can kind of compare him to Jonathan Kongbo who went to Tennessee. He’s big and raw and can run. He didn’t play a whole lot of football until late in his high school career. He was playing basketball and soccer. It’s just about getting him going and teaching him everything.

“After spring, it got more intriguing. Coaches loved him, and I would too in their spot. Like I said, he’s athletic enough to drop in the flats and can run things down. He’s just a long, lengthy kid who can rush the passer.

"He’s the kind of kid you want in your program. He works, doesn’t get in trouble. He’s that type of kid. You recruit a kid like that and will take a shot at him no matter what. That’s a great feather in his cap.”

Gaye didn't start taking football seriously until midway through his high school career in Washington, previously feeling that a potential future for pro basketball was in the cards. But after the 6-foot-6, 270-pounder got onto the football field, coaches convinced him that a path to big things in the college level and beyond were within reach. 

"I really got serious when I was a sophomore and got around coaches that had experience playing and had been coaching for a while," Gaye said. "When I got around that, that's when I started learning some things. When the time came, schools started to come in and look at me. They knew I had things to work on, but they were really impressed with my size and skill. That's when I really started taking football seriously. I was just playing for fun at the time. I didn't really have any dreams of playing football anywhere. 

"I was a basketball player, so I wanted to become a professional basketball player. I got good at basketball, and I thought I was a better basketball player. But then coaches told me that if I keep doing football, with my size, I can really be something dangerous. I heard that and I thought it might be right. This is something I can keep doing. Football might be the way."

Now, Gaye is gearing up for his final season of junior college football before arriving at LSU to join the football program and compete in the Southeastern Conference. His goal: catch on quickly enough to make an impact, something he feels Orgeron as head coach can assist with.

15COMMENTS

"I know (Orgeron) has been a defensive line coach and they have (defensive line coach Dennis Johnson) and others all there working with guys. The head coach being a part of that is a big deal to me. That means he really spends time making sure defensive linemen learn their craft and produce on the field. The head coach being a defensive line coach shows you how important that is. He makes sure they are perfecting their craft so that they can produce."

Gaye is currently ranked by 247Sports as a Top 25 prospect in JUCO and one of the five best strongside defensive ends in the 2020 crop. 

There's that Bill Busch guy again!  He is doing an OUTSTANDING job on the recruiting trail!!!

"

Gaye is being recruited to LSU by assistant Bill Busch, who Gaye said played a key role in the Tigers beating out Oklahoma, Nebraska and others for his commitment.

"He has been talking to me since day one, him and (graduate assistant Christian LaCouture) really wanted me," Gaye said. "Busch texts me and we FaceTime and make calls and he checks in on my parents and high school coach. And of course the coaching staff, the team, the school, the players, it was great. And just getting to know Coach Busch better when I got out there this weekend with my family, I was impressed with my visit. It really felt like home. The coaches were really involved with the players."

"

Four-star rated offensive Courtland Ford announced via his Twitter account today that he’s de-committing from LSU.

Courtland, a 6-6, 305-pound rising senior from Dallas (Texas) Cedar Hill committed to the Tigers last Nov. 8 over finalists Alabama, Baylor, Georgia and TCU.

His Twitter announcement:

“After re-evaluating my situation, I want to give myself an opportunity to find the best possible scenario to develop as (a) player and as a man. With that being said, I am de-committing from LSU and re-opening my recruiting. Respect my decision.”

The loss of Ford leaves LSU with two offensive tackles committed in the Class of 2020. They are Camron Jackson, a three-star 6-5, 265-pound prospect from Haynesville (La.) High, and Marlon Martinez, a 6-5, 290-pound three-star from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas..

14 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Keep an eye open, we are in on a couple more guys. OT is a need, O knows this, keeping OT to stay for their Sr year, would help. 

This is what I was talking about. Please read this, you will understand what I was talking about. 

Composite 4-Star OT Courtland Ford Decommits

LSU gets back a much needed spot in the 2019 signing class. 

By Paul Crewe@ATVS_PaulCrewe  Jun 11, 2019, 8:22pm CDT

usa_today_11926579.0.jpgJoe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports

Numbers crunch. For elite recruiting programs, it’s the age-old recruiting quandary. Distribution and management of the 85 is a nuanced work of art much more difficult than the simple mapping of “I need 1 QB, 9 RBs, 2 OL, 2 DL, 2 LB and 27 DBs” (stole this from Les Miles roster composition section in his program building playbook).

There’s regional considerations. In a state like Louisiana, if you don’t deposit enough good will locally, there will come a time when your check is gonna bounce. There’s political maneuvering. Maybe getting Leonard Fournette means taking a younger brother. Maybe to get the future 5-star DL that’s just a sophomore you have to take the 3-star senior LB that you know will never crack the depth chart. What about building a bridge into a new region? Programs might assume a certain amount of “recruiting debt” just to eventually capitalize on a potential future talent flow. 

That’s a long pre-amble to announce that composite 4-star Courtland Ford de-committed today. 

At first blush, it would appear to be bad news, but this is a true mutual parting of ways. Ford has battled multiple injuries and recently struggled in an LSU camp setting. There are very real concerns that he could ever return to level of talent that originally earned an LSU offer. 

The downside here is that LSU lost an OL recruit, even if it’s willingly. This remains one of the top priorities for the 2019 signing class. 

Fortunately, there’s options. LSU remains in play for 5-star Paris Johnson, 4-star Marcus Dumervil, 4-star Ty’Kieast Crawford, and 4-star Sedrick Van Pran amongst others. James Cregg is combing the country looking for top talents and it’s time for him to earn his keep. LSU OL performance will continue to be a focal point for fans, as the recruitment and development there falls behind most everything else except QB in Baton Rouge.

For now, LSU gets a spot back in what looks to be a loaded class. There’s an unannounced verbal still pending, leaving LSU with seven spots left to fill in 2019, for now. It’s likely there may be more mutual attrition in the near future. There’s no doubt that most of those final spots will go to the big uglies that remain on the board for O and company.

Can the staff close on those top targets? That remains the big question.

• Like 1

Excellent article Dad!!!  With those "other considerations", like keeping the home folks happy (La. recruits), and building bridges into new areas (Ca., Michigan, Maryland), recruiting remains an art more than a science.

If you are going to have a de-commit, this is an OK time to have it, as many players have not made a verbal yet and are still looking around and taking visits.  We should be able to recover from this one.

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:48 PM, houtiger said:

There's that Bill Busch guy again!  He is doing an OUTSTANDING job on the recruiting trail!!!

"

"

There is also thatChristian LaCouture guy again!  I like reading that La Couture is learning the recruiting ropes.

• Like 1

BREAKING: Patrick Jenkins commits to LSU

BySONNY SHIPP 4 hours ago 

Marrero (La.) John Ehret defensive lineman Patrick Jenkins earned an LSU offer at the Tigers’ first OL/DL camp of the summer.

Two weeks later, the 6-foot-2, 285-pounder jumped on board with Ed Orgeron’s 2020 class.

Prior to the LSU offer, Jenkins had reeled in overtures from Texas A&M, Tennessee, TCU, Arkansas, Miami, Mississippi State and others. His performance at LSU’s camp where he showed an array of moves and quickness off the ball that gave every offensive lineman he faced trouble solidified his stock.

"When Coach O told me, it felt like a dream. It still does,” Jenkins told Geaux247 shortly after he landed the offer. "(Orgeron) told me that he really likes me and wants to get me up there. He said that I am very quick, and I would fit the new defense."

Jenkins is fresh off an official visit to TCU where he spent father's day weekend. TCU signed one of his former teammates, Earl Barquet, in the 2019 class and the Horned Frogs had hoped to land Jenkins too.

247Sports ranks Jenkins as a Top 20 prospect in Louisiana and one of the best defensive tackles in the Southeast, though he is projected to play defensive end in LSU’s 3-4 defense.

Jenkins is LSU’s 18th public commitment in this class.

Below is a look at LSU’s current 2020 commitments.

2020 Commitments

5-star CB Elias Ricks | 6-2, 192 | Santa Ana, Calif. | Mater Dei High School | Committed on Dec. 25, 2018

5-star WR Rakim Jarrett | 6-0, 208 | Washington, D.C. | St. John’s College High School | Committed on April 27, 2019

4-star LB Antoine Sampah | 6-3, 220 | Woodbridge, Va. | Woodbridge High School | Committed on April 29, 2019

4-star WR Kayshon Boutte | 5-10, 175 | New Iberia, La. | Westgate High School | Committed on Oct. 21, 2018

4-star WR Jermaine Burton | 6-0, 187 | Calabasas, Calif. | Calabasas High School | Committed on April 20, 2019

4-star S Major Burns | 6-2, 176 | Baton Rouge, La. | Madison Prep Academy High School | Committed on June 6, 2019

4-star S Jordan Toles | 6-3, 190 | Baltimore, Md. | St. Frances Academy High School | Committed on June 8, 2019

4-star OLB Demon Clowney | 6-4, 225 | Baltimore, Md. | St. Frances Academy High School | Committed on March 23, 2019

4-star ILB Josh White | 6-2, 100 | Houston, Tx. | Cy Creek High School | Committed on April 19, 2019

4-star QB Max Johnson | 6-4, 214 | Watkinsville, Ga. | Oconee County High School | Committed on Nov. 28, 2018

4-star OLB Alec Bryant | 6-3, 230 | Pearland, Tx. | Shadow Creek High School | Committed on Feb. 18, 2019

4-star CB Lorando Johnson | 5-11, 183 | Lancaster, Tx. | Lancaster High School | Committed on April 10, 2019

4-star QB TJ Finley | 6-6, 239 | Ponchatoula, La. | Ponchatoula High School | Committed on May 29, 2018

4-star DT CamRon Jackson | 6-5, 271 | Haynesville, La. | Haynesville High School | Committed on Dec. 19, 2018

3-star DT Jordan Berry | 6-2, 323 | Harbor City, Calif. | Narbonne High School | Committed on Feb. 16, 2019

3-star DT Patrick Jenkins | 6-2, 285 | Marrero, La. | John Ehret High School | Committed on June 16, 2019

34COMMENTS

3-star OG Marlon Martinez | 6-5, 287 | Fort Lauderdale, Fla. | St. Thomas Aquinas High School | Committed on May 25, 2019

3-star DE Ali Gaye | 6-6, 270 | Garden City, Kan. | Garden City Community College | Committed on June 10, 2019

Where things stand with the top uncommitted prospects in Louisiana

Sam Spiegelman • Rivals.com

CLASS OF 2020 RANKINGS: Rivals250 | State | Position | Team

Kpzb2gpgmbljnklhrw3o

Jaquelin Roy (Sam Spiegelman)

RELATED: Where things stand with the top uncommitted prospects in Texas

There are nine ranked prospects inside the Rivals250 in the class of 2020 from Louisiana and only two are currently committed. That means there will be plenty of splashes on the way between now and National Signing Day. 

Four-stars 

Kayshon Boutte and 
Major Burns are some of the top players in The Boot that are currently committed -- both to LSU -- but there are several dominoes that still need to fall. With that in mind, we take a closer look at where the rest of Louisiana's top talent will land as the summer goes on.

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-09d74c9f6ebcc83cb0a94ef792a69ba648c051e8558216ce4858fedc95a355a3.svg
icons_prospectprofile_avatar-f8b63a445cc9298d92203997366f1a6d36b7c02de68654d3af2229092416a6da.svg

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

The Buzz: Roy, a one-time LSU commitment, pressed reset on his recruitment early on in the spring. He has taken visits to Ole PissTennesseeTexas A&M and Alabama, and has frequented LSU throughout. The Rivals100 defensive tackle has eyes for the SEC. He'll officially visit Aggieland in the near future and could wind up making a decision before the start of his senior year. Right now, the Tigers have put themselves in a good position to keep the Baton Rouge prospect home.

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-09d74c9f6ebcc83cb0a94ef792a69ba648c051e8558216ce4858fedc95a355a3.svg
icons_prospectprofile_avatar-f8b63a445cc9298d92203997366f1a6d36b7c02de68654d3af2229092416a6da.svg

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

The Buzz: The Rivals100 offensive guard/center prospect made a return visit to Alabama over the weekend. He'll head to Texas A&M and Georgia in the next week as takes a closer look at some of the SEC teams in his lead group. Oklahoma's Bill Bedenbaugh has given Van Pran plenty to think about, but the four-star is in no rush to make a decision. Georgia was the first offer and has continued to make Van Pran a priority into his senior year.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

There's a revolving door of suitors clamoring for Moore, a Rivals100 wide receiver whose stock is on the rise after a fantastic 7-on-7 season. Mississippi StateOregonArizona State all covet Moore. As does LSU, which is eyeing the four-star as one of the top in-state pieces to add to the offense. The Tigers have maintained a steady presence in Moore's recruitment and should be viewed as the favorite to eventually nab his commitment.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

Johnson has maintained the same set of schools at the top of his recruitment for months. LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Kansas are all after the Rivals100 running back, who has steadily made trips up to Baton Rouge and out to Kansas. At one point, the Tigers led for the four-star, but Johnson has since backed off that stance. Kansas is a major threat here, but this could be LSU's battle to win or lose in the end.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

Guillory is coming off an official visit to Alabama, where he has visited twice in the past month. He also squeezed in a camp visit to LSU. The battle for this Rivals250 defensive tackle is shaping up to be a classic LSU-Alabama affair. The Tigers were the first to offer Guillory and Ed Orgeron is leading the charge. It's hard to imagine LSU letting Guillory leave the state.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

Lee's stock took off this spring. The mammoth defensive tackle who resides right outside of Baton Rouge has frequented LSU and made visits to Alabama, Georgia, Ole Piss and Florida of late. Lee envisions himself playing on Saturdays in the SEC. Alabama and Georgia certainly have his attention, but when it comes to defensive tackles in Louisiana, it's hard to rule out the Tigers.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

One of the top uncommitted defensive backs in the country, Reed has made official visits to Ole Piss and Virginia while also squeezing in trips to LSU and TCUNotre Dame is also squarely in the mix for the Rivals250 safety. However, this is shaping up to be a race between the Cavaliers and Rebels, and if a decision came out today, Ole Piss might be the team to beat.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

Douglas boasts offers from top programs all across the country. He's coming off camp visits to Ohio State and Miami, and he has made unofficial visits to Florida, Florida State, LSU and Alabama in the last few months. The four-star athlete named the GayTurds as the team to beat at one point in the process, but the Seminoles and Hurricanes are both making Douglas a top priority into the summer. Odds are that Douglas is playing his college ball somewhere in the Sunshine State this time next year.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

Edwards has kept his recruitment close to the vest, but Alabama has been able to lure the newly minted four-star tailback to campus on a few occasions since offering at the start of the spring. Notre Dame and Michigan are two big-time programs that are still heavily in the mix for Edwards. As is Texas A&M, which was also able to get the New Orleans area talent on a visit. Alabama's Pete Golding is leading the charge for Edwards and has his attention and a commitment could be in the cards.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

Williams, a talented four-star defensive end from Newman, has made a hobby out of visiting Florida and Tennessee. He's been the Knoxville as much as any campus in the country. Dan Mullen has also given Williams plenty to mull over in recent months as the GayTurds aim to make some noise in The Boot. LSU has yet to offer but continues to recruit Williams. Until an offer is extended, the Vols may be quietly leading the way.

RANK

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

|

CLASS OF

Williams recently backed off his commitment to Florida. Afterward, the four-star defensive back named Alabama and LSU as his co-leaders. He took an official visit to Houston over the weekend and is eyeing trips back to Tuscaloosa and to Auburn and Kentucky in the next few weeks. However, there's plenty of reason to believe that if Williams returns to Alabama, he may elect to make a decision before returning home.

• Like 1

From Dandy Don this morning:

Fast forward to today and LSU already has 20 commitments for 2020, and that’s with a good six months to go before the early signing period. Those 20 commitments put LSU at No. 3 in 247Sports Team Rankings (LSU is No. 2 in Rivals rankings) and beg the question, how will LSU fill its remaining five spots. Well, we’re not going to predict who fills each of the remaining spots just yet, but today I will introduce a couple of “new” names to keep in mind down the stretch just because they are both on campus right now for LSU’s “elite” camp. 

One is not exactly a “new” name, but rather one that many of you will recognize –  defensive tackle McKinley Jackson of Mississippi. Jackson, a consensus four-star prospect, committed to LSU last November, only to de-commit in February. Since that time he has taken an unofficial visit to LSU, attended LSU’s Junior Day, and is now back on campus for this weekend’s camp. I don’t know if LSU would sign eight defensive tackles in this class (they already have five committed), but if Jacobian Guillory, Jaqueline Roy, and Jackson all want in, I suspect Coach O would make room for them all.

Eight DT's sounds like too many to take in one year.  We will lose Rashard Lawrence and Brendon Fehoko (both Sr's), and Tyler Shelvin will be eligible to enter the draft, but I think he would do well to return to LSU for his redshirt Jr. year in 2021, unless he makes first team all american this year, which i doubt.  If we can get Guillory and Roy at LSU, O may talk to one recruit who would continue his search elsewhere, its happened before.

Edited by houtiger

• 3 weeks later...

The Opening Final Cut — WR Jermaine Burton

ByTOM LOY 21 hours ago 

FRISCO, Texas — 247Sports was on-site for The Opening Finals and there was a ton of footage shot from the event. Over the course of the next week, we are putting together a ton of video packages from the showcase to bring fans a look at what it was like inside The Star.

Today's highlight features Calabasas (Calif.) high school four-star wide receiver Jermaine Burton, one of the top pass-catcher's in the entire class of 2020. The 6-1, 187-pounder is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 37 overall player in the country, No. 6 wide receiver in the class and No. 9 prospect in California. Burton is pegged by the 247Sports Composite Rankings as the No. 44 overall talent this cycle, No. 8 player at his position in the nation and No. 7 recruit in his home state.

Check out video of Burton's performance in Texas at the top of the article.

Chaney is currently committed to LSU and has been locked in since Apr. 20, 2019. He chose the Tigers over 20-plus scholarship offers including Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Penn State, UCLA, USC and many others.

As a junior, Burton had 40 catches for 863 yards and 14 touchdowns.

247Sports Scouting report via national analyst Greg Biggins

"A very tough, physical player who loves to block and plays with a nice edge in his game. Has the strength to get off press and uses his body well to create separation. Can bully opposing corners and plays with a bit of a chip on his shoulder that rubs some the wrong way but teammates love him. Very nice package of size, speed, hands and play making ability. Can line up anywhere on the field and is among the most versatile pass catchers in the class. Has plus speed and is both dynamic after the catch and able to run past an opposing corner. Has strong hands and does a nice job catching the ball in traffic. Is also a very good return man and should be able to contribute early on as a punt/kick returner. Has all the tools to be a dominant player at the next level and is a natural talent with tremendous upside. Projects as an impact, upper-tier Power 5 starter and future high-round NFL draft pick."

The Opening Finals is an invite-only event, which includes four days of dynamic training, coaching and competition for the country’s most elite high school football players. Every position and every aspect of the game will be highlighted over the course of the three-day program. The Opening Finals is undoubtedly the most high profile high school football event in the nation. Notable alumni from the event include Jalen RamseyTrevor LawrenceEzekiel ElliottLandon CollinsTua Tagovailoa, and many others across the landscape of college football and in the National Football League.

• 2 weeks later...
0026459-clym-1280x720.jpg

BREAKING: 2020 tight end Kole Taylor commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
July 19, 2019

The LSU football program now has a tight end for their 2020 recruiting class as Kole Taylor‍ has committed to LSU over Penn State and Colorado.

Taylor of Central High School in Grand Junction, Colorado has been atop LSU’s tight end recruiting board for quite some time.  

“I was always thinking it was LSU but then i’d talk to some other coaches and then i’d go back to 50-50 and then I’d go back to LSU leading,” Taylor said.  “It was always LSU or Penn State but then Colorado would jump in there.”

What pushed him in LSU’s direction?

“It was a little bit of everything, the SEC is definitely different,” Taylor said. “Caleb Wilson the tight end at UCLA in the Pac-12 broke all the schools receiving records but he ended up going last in the draft behind LSU’s tight end who doesn’t really catch half as many balls.”

Taylor finished his junior season with 29 receptions for 510 yards and eight touchdowns.

The 6-foot-6, 235-pound prospect is being recuited to LSU by Tiger tight ends coach John Decoster.  

With Taylor’s commitment, LSU now has 21 commitments for the class of 2020.  He is a midterm graduate and will particiate in spring football drills at LSU next year

• Like 1

Giddy Up...

BREAKING: Jaquelin Roy commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
July 26, 2019

LSU has landed the top prospect in Louisiana as TigerBait.com five-star prospect Jaquelin Roy‍ has announced his commitment to the Tigers. 

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound Roy from Unversity High School in Baton Rouge committed to LSU over Alabama and Texas A&M.  

Roy was previously committed to LSU but re-opened the recruiting process earlier this year.  

Earlier this summer when asked about his thoughts on LSU he replied, “The same as it was before I committed.  It’s home and I can always go back,” Roy said.

The top prospect in Louisiana has previously stated that he wanted to get the recruiting process over so that he can concentrate on his senior season and helping his team win a third straight state title.

With his commitment LSU now has 22 commitments for the class of 2020.

More to come on this breaking story

• Like 1

A little food for thought: 

SEC team-by-team decommitment tracker: 45 prospects have decommitted so far in 2020 class

SDS Staff | 11 hours ago

College football recruiting is an extremely fluid process, and “110 precent committed” exclamations can never be relied upon until the ink has dried and the player has faxed the letter into the university on one of two National Signing Days.

Of course, fans are usually left frustrated and in the dark when decommitments happen, especially from highly-touted prospects.

So far, in the class of 2020, Florida and Tennessee lead the SEC with seven decommitments each. Ole Piss and Vanderbilt are the only two SEC teams to have not suffered a decommitment for the class of 2020 yet.

Below is a team-by-team breakdown:

Alabama Crimson Tide (4)

• 4-star QB Carson Beck (Committed to Alabama on March 3)
  • 4-star WR Dazalin Worsham
  • 4-star DE Jordan Davis (Committed to Mississippi State on July 5)
  • 3-star ATH De’Rickey Wright (Committed to Ole Piss on June 22)

Arkansas Razorbacks (1)

• 4-star WR Ze’Vian Capers (Committed to Auburn on July 1)

Auburn Tigers (5)

• 4-star OLB Quandarrius Robinson (Committed to Alabama on June 11)
  • 4-star LB Demoyuy Kennedy (Committed to Alabama on June 9)
  • 4-star DE Andy Boykin
  • 3-star DT Damarjhe Lewis
  • 3-star RB Deondre Jackson (Committed to Texas A&M on June 16)

Florida GayTurds (7)

• 4-star DT Kedrick Bingley-Jones (Committed to UNC on August 3)
  • 4-star RB Keyvone Lee
  • 4-star QB Anthony Richardson (Recommitted to Florida on April 6)
  • 4-star ATH Joel Williams
  • 3-star ATH Jaheim Bell
  • 3-star DE Morven Joseph (Committed to FSU on July 28)
  • 3-star DE Josh Griffis (Committed to FSU on April 19)

Georgia Bulldogs (1)

• 4-star OG Akinola Ogunbiyi (Committed to Texas A&M on June 23)

Kentucky Wildcats (3)

• 4-star DT Lamar Goods (Committed to Florida on June 21)
  • 3-star OG Richard Leonard (Committed to Florida July 5)
  • 3-star OT Gerald Mincey (Committed to Florida on June 9)

LSU Tigers (6)

• 4-star DT Jaquelin Roy (Recommitted to LSU on July 26)
  • 4-star DT McKinnley Jackson
  • 4-star WR Darin Turner
  • 4-star ATH Jaden Navarrette (Committed to Oregon on April 19)
  • 4-star OT Courtland Ford
  • 3-star WR Kris Abrams-Draine (Committed to Ole Piss on June 25)

Mississippi State Bulldogs (5)

• 4-star ATH Lideatrick Griffin (Recommitted to Miss State on June 21)
  • 3-star WR Alex Adams
  • 3-star WR E. Jai Mason
  • 3-star DB Trenton Yowe
  • 3-star OLB Jakivuan Brown (Committed to Ole Piss on August 1)

Missouri Tigers (1)

• 3-star WR Trevor Kardell (Committed to Kansas on February 24)

South Carolina Gamecocks (3)

• 4-star OT Issiah Walker
  • 4-star OT Javion Cohen (Committed to Auburn on June 1)
  • 3-star RB Mecose Todd

Tennessee Volunteers (7)

• 4-star WR Leonard Manual (Committed to Florida on January 14)
  • 4-star DB Antonio Johnson
  • 4-star ATH Kristian Story (Committed to Alabama on July 18)
  • 4-star DE Jordan Davis (Committed to Miss State on July 5)
  • 3-star Ebony Jackson (Committed to Maryland on June 15)
  • 3-star WR Antonio Barber
  • 2-star RB Miles Friday

Texas A&M Aggies (2)

• 4-star DB Major Burns (Committed to LSU on June 6)
  • 4-star OG Akina Ogunbiyi (Recommitted to Texas A&M on June 23)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING: Koy Moore commits to LSU

BySHEA DIXON 16 hours ago 

9383439.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Ted Hyman, 247Sports)

LSU has landed another commitment for the 2020 class, this time going into New Orleans to pull four-star wide receiver Koy Moore.

Moore announced the decision on live television from his birthday party on Saturday night, putting an end to his recruitment process after double-digit schools came calling with a scholarship offer.

At 6-foot-0.5, 175 pounds, Moore has put in a strong offseason with big showings during both 7-on-7 competitions and team camps. Moore impressed LSU’s staff at the team’s annual Elite Camp in June, where he worked out for a handful of coaches, including wide receivers coach Mickey Joseph and passing game coordinator Joe Brady. He then led The Opening in total receptions across the week of competition in Dallas, Texas this summer.

Moore’s verbal pledge gives the Tigers 23 total commitments for the 2020 class, which jumped LSU ahead of Ohio State for the No. 3 spot in the 247Sports Team Rankings.

He joins an LSU class that now has four wide receiver commitments, which can be argued as the best haul at the position in the country. The four-star prospect joins three other commitments who all rank inside the top seven nationally at the position. The 247Sports Composite ranks Rakim Jarrett as the No. 3 wide receiver in the country, Jermaine Burton the No. 6 wide receiver and Kayshon Boutte the No. 7 wide receiver.