Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Auburn ..... 2:30 ..... CBS

Nutriaitch

I have a friend of mine who lives in Boston and is a big sports fan. His take on LSU is that people are so tired of Alabama, they are looking for another team to be the spoiler in the SEC and keep them out of the playoffs / SEC Championship game.  I would love it if we beat them AND they lose the Iron Bowl. Means they definitely would not ( a loss to LSU d/n guarantee that, see 2011 as an example)  be making the playoffs and could make the worm turn even more in recruiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

I have a friend of mine who lives in Boston and is a big sports fan. His take on LSU is that people are so tired of Alabama, they are looking for another team to be the spoiler in the SEC and keep them out of the playoffs / SEC Championship game.  I would love it if we beat them AND they lose the Iron Bowl. Means they definitely would not ( a loss to LSU d/n guarantee that, see 2011 as an example)  be making the playoffs and could make the worm turn even more in recruiting.

That's the way I feel also, but it doesn't mean anything.  For the first time in a long time, I actually think we have a team that can beat InbredGumps.  When I look at how our o-line played against a strong Auburn d-line, I think we can hold up.  InbredGumps has 3 outstanding receivers, and so does LSU.  Who's secondary has the best chance to control the other team's receivers?  I like LSU's chances.  I think Burrow's arm is comparable to Tua's, but Burrow may rattle a bit less easily.  I think InbredGumps has an edge at RB with Harris.  Coaching?  I don't know.  I look for a close contest, and LSU's best chance to win one in a long time.

2 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

There are 5 undefeated teams out there (including Ped State).  I'm not convinced that any of the teams currently undefeated could survive losing a game and still be invited by Bama's selection committee to the playoffs.

Bama seems to think otherwise, though:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/10/tua-tagovailoa-doesnt-have-to-play-against-lsu.html

23 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I have a friend

Liar

21 hours ago, Herb said:

There are 5 undefeated teams out there (including Ped State). 

Actually, there are 7 undefeated teams in Power 5 conferences  

Minnesota is still unbeaten with 3 ranked opponents on remaining schedule. 4 if they win out and go to Big Ten CG and face tOSU.

Baylor is also still undefeated. They haven’t played OU or  Texas yet.  Will probably get OU twice if they keep winning.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Liar

Actually, there are 7 undefeated teams in Power 5 conferences  

Minnesota is still unbeaten with 3 ranked opponents on remaining schedule. 4 if they win out and go to Big Ten CG and face tOSU.

Baylor is also still undefeated. They haven’t played OU or  Texas yet.  Will probably get OU twice if they keep winning.

SMU and App State.  Hey, they're all ranked and unbeaten teams.  That's 9

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

Yes football games are just like mutual funds, past performance is no guarantee of future results.  That's why you have to play the game.

correct. 

that’s why i don’t leave them out until they are actually out of it. 

if either runs the table, they’re in.