Gameday Tigers

Divinity

dachsie

Sounds like he's leaving to get some help:

Divinity later posted on his Instagram page that he was taking time off "to focus on a personal matter" and that he planned on returning to graduate and play again.

"I am sorry I can't be on the field for you guys," Divinity posted. "My goal is to get myself back to 100% in time to graduate in December and be back on the field fighting with my brothers soon."

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_8e871032-ff17-11e9-a29c-4b6ed3c6438e.html

I had some battles with depression when I attended LSU. There were times when getting dressed felt like an unachievable goal. If that is the sort of thing he's dealing with I feel for him. The good news is that we now have much better drugs to treat depression these days. I sincerely hope he gets the help he needs and deserves.

• Like 3

My mancrush is gone for the rest of the season.  He's listed as a Sr., so I don't see how he can come back to the Tigers, he's played in at least 4 games this year and can't redshirt.  Seems he will have to get himself straight and then try for an NFL shot.  Best wishes to him!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the E60 program Hilinski's Hope about the Washington St QB who killed himself last year.  If Divinity is suffering from depression, thank goodness it was recognized and he got help.  If you get a chance to watch it, highly recommend 

Edited by dachsie

51 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I thought the defense missed Divinity against Ole goldenshower, they had trouble setting the edge at times.

Divinity would have added, but this was a InbredGumps hangover. The offense could and should have done more. Starting OT added to their problems. Magee hasn’t played the position in a while, he added weight for the OG position.  I could see more guys getting rest against Ark. 

The defense was a collection of errors, missed tackles, bad angles, players out of position, and setting the edge, among other miscues. Much of the problems were mental. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 2

Back on the team? Former LSU LB Michael Divinity Jr. spotted at practice

Dave Holcomb | 3 hours ago

While the LSU offense continues to turn out points, the defense has plenty of things to improve upon in the next two weeks leading up to the SEC Championship Game. The unit did take one step forward Monday, though, with the return of linebacker Michael Divinity.

The senior linebacker left the program about two weeks ago prior to the matchup with Alabama for personal reasons. He returned to practice on Monday.

00:03
02:14

00:07

Divinity has 23 total tackles, 4.0 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks in just five games this season. He was outstanding against Texas, recording 10 tackles, but he has only played in four of LSU’s eight games since then. Divinity registered five tackles against Auburn on Oct. 26, which is his highest total in an SEC contest this fall.

Last year, Divinity was tied for fourth on the team with 54 tackles in 12 games.

It’s unclear at this time whether this means Divinity will play this Saturday against Arkansas, but just having him back at practice is a good thing. LSU is ninth in both scoring and total defense. The last two weeks against Alabama and Ole Piss, the Tigers have allowed 78 points.

As great as quarterback Joe Burrow and the offense has been, giving up 39 points per game is not a recipe for championship success. LSU getting Divinity back onto the field is, however, a key ingredient to a title recipe.

• Like 1