Gameday Tigers

SELU Recap-"Not Drinking the Kool-Aid"

Fishhead

2 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Our o-ling needs to figure things out very quickly. Like today. I want to watch the replay but from my view in the stands that wasn't pretty. I know we had two starters out but Southeastern may be the easiest game on our schedule. We have to pass block better 'cause we are not going to run it down people's throat.  Without the long jump pass to Sullivan, I'm not sure what our longest drive in the first half was.  Sure wish we had the 2013 offense to go with this defense!!!

Speaking of that long pass, the urgency and intensity showed on that one play is a part of what was missing, imo. I was hoping that the team would take that energy and build on it for the second half. No such luck.

Our o-line need to step it up, injuries or not. Auburn has a good defensive line. Burrow is going to get beat up bad in SEC play if he doesn't get protection. I have flashbacks of Mett crawling off the field.

14 minutes ago, La Tigresse said:

I have flashbacks of Mett crawling off the field.

I never want to see that for ANY LSU quarterback again.

It showed Mett's heart filled the stands, but I hate seeing that level of a battering.

5 minutes ago, Herb said:

I never want to see that for ANY LSU quarterback again.

It showed Mett's heart filled the stands, but I hate seeing that level of a battering.

I do too. But it popped in my mind last night when Burrow made a couple of runs showing he was fearless on top of smart. It was a bad flashback. 

Don't get me wrong. I am glad he is fearless and smart. But if he is too headstrong he is going to get injured. He made a couple of runs last night that obviously that were not the plan. Great. But I hope he will not take on a whole SEC defense when he doesn't get protection. 

4 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

if we're being honest with ourselves, this O-line (and really this offense as a whole), is no where near being on the same level as the 2013 offense was.

Mett had protection issues like this against ALABAMA.

Burrow had them against Hammond.

Which is why my flashback while watching the game. I just kept thinking that this offensive line is going to get him killed in SEC play if they don't step up. 

Archived