Gameday Tigers

LSU Moves up to #4 in Coaches Poll

Herb

6 minutes ago, La Tigresse said:

The sports media and pundits have the top 5 matchup they wanted. 

That sorta implies it isn't warranted. 

Inbred Gumps is def #1. After the Miami game, i thought they bumped us so high to set up the AU top 10 matchup. But i believe we have earned top 5 at this point. 

It is warranted. I almost put that. But I think that even if the past two weeks had been closer games, we still would be in the top 5.  I also think they all wanted us to win specifically for this matchup. Which is more what I was thinking of. (Not their love of LSU.)

Well tbh, they have had a soft schedule, but they have demolished it. 

Every Saturday, i've had to work. It's laid back though, and i watch games on my phone. Alabama has a TD on literally EVERY opening drive,  Tua has the most TDs before an int in history (still zero ints). They typically lead about 21-0 or worse at the end of the first quarter and up 40 at the half. Tua has hardly any playing time beyond halftime, and has yet to play in a 4th quarter. 

They're unreal. 

On offense. 

However....

They do not look like a Inbred Gumps defense. Arkansas put up over 30 against them. Tennessee's backup (after they "non-targeted" the starter out of the game) lit up that secondary. Mizzou game em some fits. 

We just have to withstand the early onslaught, punch them in the mouth, and go toe to toe with them. Let divinity or delpit or whomever hit Tua and see how he likes actual football. 

I think they can be had. Ohio St ain't Inbred Gumps, but we ain't Purdue either

15 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Well tbh, they have had a soft schedule, but they have demolished it. 

Every Saturday, i've had to work. It's laid back though, and i watch games on my phone. Alabama has a TD on literally EVERY opening drive,  Tua has the most TDs before an int in history (still zero ints). They typically lead about 21-0 or worse at the end of the first quarter and up 40 at the half. Tua has hardly any playing time beyond halftime, and has yet to play in a 4th quarter. 

They're unreal. 

On offense. 

However....

They do not look like a Inbred Gumps defense. Arkansas put up over 30 against them. Tennessee's backup (after they "non-targeted" the starter out of the game) lit up that secondary. Mizzou game em some fits. 

We just have to withstand the early onslaught, punch them in the mouth, and go toe to toe with them. Let divinity or delpit or whomever hit Tua and see how he likes actual football. 

I think they can be had. Ohio St ain't Inbred Gumps, but we ain't Purdue either

Our OLine is weak.  RBs get hit at the line, Burrow takes more hits in one game than Drew Brees does in a whole season.  On defense, we have very little pass rush and, outside of some blitzes, it's almost as if we have accepted the fact that we can't get home to the QB.  Instead we drop guys into coverage with the hope that everyone will be covered and the QB won't have anywhere to go with the football.  We are then susceptible to a running QB.  

IDK man, we've got our work cut out for us.  I'm hoping we can get some big plays on defense or special teams and that somehow, some way, we manage to get some rhythm going on offense.  Or hell, maybe we just rely on field goals and win 9-6.

Archived