Gameday Tigers

LSU vs UCF - Fiesta Bowl - 12pm - ESPN

Nutriaitch

I enjoyed the game.  Tyler Shelvin played the whole game and looked good.  I hope getting the playing time motivates him to continue to control his weight and allows him to emerge as the star folks expected.  I wondered how many teams would like to have JaCoby Stevens and Ed Paris to put on the field after backing others up all year.  Jontre Kirklin got beat, but I give him and Manny Netherly a lot of credit for suiting up and doing what they could to help the team.  Manny got beat once by a great throw and catch, I thought his coverage was good.  Maybe Greedy would have knocked the pass down, but then again, maybe not, even Greedy gets beat sometimes.  I like Patrick Queen, that kid plays hard, not as gifted as Devin White, but Queen works hard at his job and gets it done.  I think Devin White is the best LB I have seen at LSU, ever.  I've seen stronger run stoppers, but they were slower.  I haven't seen anyone at his size, with the speed he has, the smarts to be in the right position to make a play, and the motor to give it his all on every play.  If he goes pro, and I think he will, someone is going to get a fine player, with apparent good character.  Devin White has it all, like Patrick Peterson did (and does).  I still like JaMar Chase, I think he has room to improve, but should become our best receiver.  During recruitment everyone wanted us to get Terrace Marshall 5*, but I remember some folks who watched high school games say they thought Chase was better.  Based on their freshman year, Chase has looked better to me.  At running back, Brossette gave it his all and had a good year.  But with Nick moving on, I don't think CEH is the solution at RB.  I'm not sure why Chris Curry sat the year out, but I hope he has game.  Both John Emery and Tyrion Davis coming in will have a shot to contribute next year.  We need improvement in the running game, and I put the fault there on recruiting mistakes on the running backs, by Orgeron.  LSU should not have been as limited at RB as we were this year.  Seems we put all our faith in signing one guy, don't really have a backup plan, and when we miss, we come up empty.  We need to get smarter about that, and we did the same thing at cornerback last year.  Gotta get smarter than that.  The o-line had a good game, not great, but we were not playing as SEC opponent.  Our good big guys beat their good little guys.  There is room to improve there.  When we play InbredGumps its always gonna be, the team that controls the line of scrimmage will probably win the game, and InbredGumps has just been better at it than we have.

Beyond pathetic. The funniest thing in that piece was:

At this time, Knight News has raised $440 of its $5,000 goal.

I'm guessing whoever started the GoFundMe page was a student looking to crowd fund a second hand guitar.

It’s up to $739

so chest puffing and trash talk hurts their widdle feelings cuz they played with a back up qb.... uh LSU was without *several* starters not just one

bunch of crybabies. Schedule some home & home games with big boy schools and get out of the bush league

Archived