Gameday Tigers

Gonna Be Busy Again This Year...

Fishhead

Florence looks like a disaster of epic proportions, with models calling for a stall at or around landfall.  I've heard it called "East Coast Harvey" today.  Wouldn't wish that on anyone anywhere. 

My phone has been melting with calls for standby, deployement, staging, opportunity left and right.  But...

The wife recently acquired her adjuster's license, and we'll be staying right here in TX working in the same office.  We're about to see how much we love each other lol.  She's usually with me on deployments, but now she'll be with me 24/7 for God knows how long.  After a few weeks, she may discuss with management the chance they can get me out of there on a field deployment haha!

Those in the path of Florence, please be prepared above all, stay vigilant and take this one seriously. 

They just need to stay away from Florida this month.

I also saw there is a potential for development in the Gulf that they predict to go towards Texas.  Also, I saw something off coast of Africa but Weather channel didn't say anything about that one - hope it goes out to sea

I have seen the predictions of stalling around landfall and my first thought was of Harvey. I would not wish that on anyone. Anyone in the target are with boats needs to evacuate with their boat. It could be the only way they get back in for a while. I hope not, but it does not look good.

With a lot of tropical depressions forming, September could be a long month.

2 hours ago, La Tigresse said:

I have seen the predictions of stalling around landfall and my first thought was of Harvey. I would not wish that on anyone. Anyone in the target are with boats needs to evacuate with their boat. It could be the only way they get back in for a while. I hope not, but it does not look good.

With a lot of tropical depressions forming, September could be a long month.

I understand the Cajun Navy is deploying

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

I understand the Cajun Navy is deploying

I was hoping they would and stage just outside the area. They did the same for Gustav, and luckily, were not needed. These men and women use a lot of resources taking care of others, God bless them. This one is worrisome, looking like it might stall and dump Harvey kind of rains on NC.

2 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

as someone who rode out Harvey in Houston area, those people do NOT want that shyte. 

I agree. I have family in Houston, and a friend that rode and worked with the Cajun Navy after Harvey. I really hope this does not do the same, but rainfall forecast is 2 FEET of rain. That is not good.

I hope any members that are anywhere near the path of this stay safe.

10 hours ago, dachsie said:

I also saw there is a potential for development in the Gulf that they predict to go towards Texas.   

Here is the latest on that one from 1:00 PM today:

"1. Showers and thunderstorms over the northwestern Caribbean Sea and
western Cuba, associated with a surface trough, are showing some
signs of organization.  This system is forecast to move slowly
northwestward near the Yucatan Peninsula on Tuesday with limited
development.  Upper-level winds are forecast to become more
conducive for development on Wednesday when the system moves over
the southern Gulf of Mexico, and a tropical depression could form
on Thursday or Friday while the disturbance moves across the
western Gulf of Mexico.  Interests across northeastern Mexico and
the coast of Texas and Louisiana should monitor the progress of
this system.  Regardless of development, heavy rainfall and gusty
winds are likely over western Cuba through Tuesday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent."

21 minutes ago, La Tigresse said:

but rainfall forecast is 2 FEET of rain. That is not good.

last year in Baytown, i got close to that in a 4 hour stretch. 

got 18-1/2” from a lil after midnight to just after 4am. 

i left before my neighborhood went under completely (49” in 2 days). 

Archived