Gameday Tigers

Taking Better Care of myself.

Nutriaitch

i can eat all the beans and peas i want  

my issue is the limitations on meats.

i cannot eat enough of the stuff i’m allowed to eat to fill up.

i mean i would typically get like a double Qtr Pounder large sized. or a Large Hot n Ready pizza, or a 14” Oyster Po-Boy or something to that effect for lunch. 

for supper we have like fried cube steaks, or this massive pot of stew meat with noodles, or a beef spaghetti, etc.

now, i can’t have any of the above.

so i have to eat at least half a damn rotisserie chicken (gottta peel the skin off) with a couple sides.  but even then, that doesn’t hold me over all the way through the evening.

then wife will cook like pork chops, or something with chicken breasts or something for supper. 

but once again i’ll be starving before going to bed. but i can’t just fix myself a ham sammich. unless it’s an actual ham that we cooked and sliced our damn selves. can’t just have a can of ravioli or something. so i go to bed hungry.

ive never in my life dealt with like depression or anxiety or anything like that until now. and it’s really because of the diet. 

i really and truly hate this. with the burning passion of 14 billion suns. i want to stab myself in the eyeballs every time i see a plate of what is now considered a “meal” for me.

i don’t care about the cigarettes and alcohol anymore. I don’t even really want to light up or fix a drink.

but i would seriously do some nefarious shyte right now for a big greasy ass pizza. or a mound of bacon. or a sloppy ass poboy. or even a whopper with cheese.

legit torture cannot be this bad. it’s pure hell.

i am really and truly HUNGRY most of the day. like famished. starving. stomach screaming at me. hungry.  a hunger i just can’t seem to satisfy.

just typing this post has me contemplating sneaking into a pasture, slitting a bull’s throat, and gnawing on his entire rib-rack. uncooked even. with the blood and juices just dripping down my chin. like i’m some type of wild carnivorous caveman or something. 

i fornicating hate this!

• Like 1

Nootch - are they having you drink a lot of water each day?  That may help fill you.  Sodas are probably out unless diet, but I know they could help me.  I guess fiber veggies like celery, carrots etc aren't helping either?  Doesn't help with the feeling of being deprived but hopefully your body will adjust eventually

1 hour ago, dachsie said:

Nootch - are they having you drink a lot of water each day?  That may help fill you.  Sodas are probably out unless diet, but I know they could help me.  I guess fiber veggies like celery, carrots etc aren't helping either?  Doesn't help with the feeling of being deprived but hopefully your body will adjust eventually

i can have 1-2 sodas a day. 

and i always drank a lot of water. 

and omg yes i’m praying my body eventually adjusts. because right now i pretty much constantly feel some level of hunger.  which may be the most unpleasant feeling in the world  

10 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

i can eat all the beans and peas i want  

my issue is the limitations on meats.

i cannot eat enough of the stuff i’m allowed to eat to fill up.

i mean i would typically get like a double Qtr Pounder large sized. or a Large Hot n Ready pizza, or a 14” Oyster Po-Boy or something to that effect for lunch. 

for supper we have like fried cube steaks, or this massive pot of stew meat with noodles, or a beef spaghetti, etc.

now, i can’t have any of the above.

so i have to eat at least half a damn rotisserie chicken (gottta peel the skin off) with a couple sides.  but even then, that doesn’t hold me over all the way through the evening.

then wife will cook like pork chops, or something with chicken breasts or something for supper. 

but once again i’ll be starving before going to bed. but i can’t just fix myself a ham sammich. unless it’s an actual ham that we cooked and sliced our damn selves. can’t just have a can of ravioli or something. so i go to bed hungry.

ive never in my life dealt with like depression or anxiety or anything like that until now. and it’s really because of the diet. 

i really and truly hate this. with the burning passion of 14 billion suns. i want to stab myself in the eyeballs every time i see a plate of what is now considered a “meal” for me.

i don’t care about the cigarettes and alcohol anymore. I don’t even really want to light up or fix a drink.

but i would seriously do some nefarious shyte right now for a big greasy ass pizza. or a mound of bacon. or a sloppy ass poboy. or even a whopper with cheese.

legit torture cannot be this bad. it’s pure hell.

i am really and truly HUNGRY most of the day. like famished. starving. stomach screaming at me. hungry.  a hunger i just can’t seem to satisfy.

just typing this post has me contemplating sneaking into a pasture, slitting a bull’s throat, and gnawing on his entire rib-rack. uncooked even. with the blood and juices just dripping down my chin. like i’m some type of wild carnivorous caveman or something. 

i fornicating hate this!

Great post, I enjoyed!  You still have a certain flair about you!  I can see you out in the pasture right now!

I still think a good pot of navy beans with some onions and ham would be good.  You can eat a lot of it, it may fill you up.  I can get full on a big bowl of it.  Eat enough beans and you may not be so hungry for the meat.

Edited by houtiger

so, last night my wife allowed me a cheat night. 

had a fat greasy burger.  with fries. and a glass of Jack & Coke. 

was freaking ORGASMIC!

and i went to bed with a full stomach!

guess i’m good for another few weeks now. 

Edited by Nutriaitch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

so. 

i think i’ve decide to go all the way with this. 

ive already quit smoking (and seriously slacked the drinking) and i’m now eating healthier than i ever have in my life. 

i’m thinking that once completely cleared i may hit the weights and the track for first time in years. 

try to get back into playing shape. even though my shoulder and ankle (and groin) prevent me from actually playing anymore. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Hey Nootch,  I've been trying to drum up support for the LSU shooty hoops team, but considering your heart issue, you might wanna stay away lol. 

lol, so i've heard.

I haven't been able to watch  them yet (aside from a 2 minute stretch a couple weeks ago).

Might have to keep it that way since it's working.

update:

i had two more (hopefully last two) stents put in on Friday. 

procedure was not nearly as pleasant as the previous one. these two blockages were “hard as a rock” and took a bit more work to open up.  which of course took longer to do. 

and the meds began wearing off before they were finished. 

not cool. 

wasnt excruciating or anything, but i could definitely feel the entry site until they readministered the good shyte. 

the entry wound hurts more (and longer) than last time. have some slight bruising in the area.  

but all in all, procedure was a success. 

i go back in about a week for a follow up and hopefully will be cleared for full duty at that point. 

• Like 2

I'm sure you'll feel a lot better - I know I did. 

Your efforts to eat right remind me of an unpleasant time in my life! BTW - My doctor told me I SHOULD cheat once in a while. He said it would make it easier to "be good" most of the time. That worked (and still does). Saturday is still "date night" at my house. I have a date with a thick, juicy burger and fries!

• Like 1

so had my follow up visit today. 

after a heart attack, two procedures, and three stents, i have been cleared for normal duties. 

doc said not to rush myself back into full service. just set my own pace with no medical restrictions. 

which is perfect timing for baseball season with the short kid!

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Somebody came out of retirement last night:

93E40F5A-A8EC-4610-929C-93DDA0D860D5.thumb.png.bb7a126c9f930d00d334952aa555ab28.png

C4D086C4-15EA-4BF0-8C5F-A6A8FEBFF4AF.thumb.jpeg.689e29f189dac06a2dda0d7533cb4049.jpeg

played 3B all game, no errors. Caught a pop-up, gunned a guy at 1st, and didn’t quite have the arm to get another guy. 

1 for 1 at the plate. single down the line at 3. scored a run. 

was probably only for one night, but god damn that felt good. 

lost a step or three, but still got decent wheels, and my glove definitely still works. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Somebody came out of retirement last night:

93E40F5A-A8EC-4610-929C-93DDA0D860D5.thumb.png.bb7a126c9f930d00d334952aa555ab28.png

C4D086C4-15EA-4BF0-8C5F-A6A8FEBFF4AF.thumb.jpeg.689e29f189dac06a2dda0d7533cb4049.jpeg

played 3B all game, no errors. Caught a pop-up, gunned a guy at 1st, and didn’t quite have the arm to get another guy. 

1 for 1 at the plate. single down the line at 3. scored a run. 

was probably only for one night, but god damn that felt good. 

lost a step or three, but still got decent wheels, and my glove definitely still works. 

Glad to hear, don’t stop now.