Gameday Tigers

Coffee

NS Mom

My current faves are a Cinnamon coffee (that I can only get when in Houston -at heb &/or fiesta) and wide awake brand dark chocolate which they have at brookshire brothers. I fill my reusable kcups and make in the keurig (hubs doesn’t like flavored coffee and says flavor lingers in the cuisinart coffee maker so he gets MH French roast - which is hard to find here so I get that in Houston as well.

• 3 weeks later...

We moved our office in February and one of the things I purchased for the office during the buildout was a restaurant grade Bunn coffee maker and and bean grinder that holds 6 lbs of beans.  This puppy is hard-plumbed into the water supply and brews up to 6 gallons of coffee an hour (it brews right into some big airpots).

Our team grew to the point that when we brewed coffee in the home grade coffee pot we had before there was literally a line of folks waiting for the coffee maker to finish brewing.  Now we have 2 huge airpots fully brewed and ready to go once the 1st person arrives.

Can't keep my peeps hanging.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

at the late great tigalaya somebody had a post with alllllll the details about French press... which one to get, which water heater to get, and don't forget the bottled/purified water! but I can't remember who posted it.  maybe they'll repost it here... hope they do because I too want to make the switch

• Like 1

I use a French press and the Breville tea kettle to heat the water.  I usually get the Italian roast coffee from Starbucks which I think makes the best cup,  I keep trying different blends but usually go back to that.  I love it.  Been using it for 8-9 years now

I think the poster on Tigalaya was either Caddy or valleytiger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Ahhhh .... nothing gets me going like a great cup of coffee. It's been awhile since I posted with most of you, and I've changed my coffee setup since last time.  I still have and occasionally use the AeroPress system, but I mainly take for backpacking trips these days.

At home, I have three components that I now use in combination:

1) Breville Electric Pitcher - heats the water to a precise temp for coffee and only takes about 3-4 minutes.

2) Cuisinart Burr Grinder - grinds fresh beans based on user-defined settings for amount and fineness.

3) Coffee Press - double-walled stainless 32oz press

I've tried a lot of combinations over the many years, and I still occasionally experiment with new methods, but this is the best I've found for the daily elixer. I still use the Nespresso system when I'm in a hurry or when I want expresso .... pretty good cup too.  I ordered some of the Peet's dark roast in the Nespresso classic pods and I like it as good as the Nespresso brand, but it's half the price.

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

Wife splurged and got us a JURA.  You fill up  a reservoir with coffee beans and it grinds them one cup at a time. Coffee Nirvana.

Different brand, but same type of machine here. Push a buttom and fresh ground coffee. 

I am not a morning person, so just pushing a couple of buttons without having to think anything, is right up my alley.

8 hours ago, cadillacattack said:

Ahhhh .... nothing gets me going like a great cup of coffee. It's been awhile since I posted with most of you, and I've changed my coffee setup since last time.  I still have and occasionally use the AeroPress system, but I mainly take for backpacking trips these days.

At home, I have three components that I now use in combination:

1) Breville Electric Pitcher - heats the water to a precise temp for coffee and only takes about 3-4 minutes.

2) Cuisinart Burr Grinder - grinds fresh beans based on user-defined settings for amount and fineness.

3) Coffee Press - double-walled stainless 32oz press

I've tried a lot of combinations over the many years, and I still occasionally experiment with new methods, but this is the best I've found for the daily elixer. I still use the Nespresso system when I'm in a hurry or when I want expresso .... pretty good cup too.  I ordered some of the Peet's dark roast in the Nespresso classic pods and I like it as good as the Nespresso brand, but it's half the price.

Cheers!

Thats exactly what I do.  I may have been the one to tell you about it.