Gameday Tigers

Coffee

NS Mom

1 hour ago, cadillacattack said:

it's a good setup .... a friend gifted me the Breville, and I acquired the grinder in a silent auction. Can't remember where I learned about the double-wall press, but if it was you, "thankyouverymuch" .... it's a winning combo!

What coffee do you use?  I alternate between Italian Roast I get from Starbucks or Whole Foods or Mountain Thunder Kona Espresso roast.  I would stay with the Kona but is pretty expensive but it taste so good and smooth.  Found it on Amazon and an actually going to their farm in January when I go to Hawaii

I've had the Starbucks French Roast, which is good, Costco's Columbia Supremo is good, as is their Rwandan coffee (one of my faves).

if I'm buying at the grocery, I like Peet's Maj. Dickinsons Blend, sometimes Community Club dark roast. 

Starbucks has a. Guatamala-Antigua whole bean that's really smooth and flavorful... have you tried that one?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 7:02 PM, cadillacattack said:

I've had the Starbucks French Roast, which is good, Costco's Columbia Supremo is good, as is their Rwandan coffee (one of my faves).

if I'm buying at the grocery, I like Peet's Maj. Dickinsons Blend, sometimes Community Club dark roast. 

Starbucks has a. Guatamala-Antigua whole bean that's really smooth and flavorful... have you tried that one?

I used to live near a Costco that had an in-house roaster where they would roast 50 pound sacks at a time of green coffee beans. Their dark roast Columbian was my go-to blend. It was like $7 or $8 for a 5lb bag of beans.

I think they pulled their roasters from all of their stores, unfortunately.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, Herb said:

I used to live near a Costco that had an in-house roaster where they would roast 50 pound sacks at a time of green coffee beans. Their dark roast Columbian was my go-to blend. It was like $7 or $8 for a 5lb bag of beans.

I think they pulled their roasters from all of their stores, unfortunately.

Yep, they did that here in Atlanta area too ..... I miss getting their fresh roasted beans. That was the best deal going ... for a while anyway.