Gameday Tigers

2022-2023 LSU Men’s Basketball

LSUDad

Final - LSU Basketball 72, Wake Forest 70

Justice Hill weaves + drives through defense for a lay-up with 2.1 seconds left. KJ Williams with a game-high 35 points on 14-21 FG, 7-9 3-pters. #LSU trailed by 20 points but rally for big win under first year head coach Matt McMahon.

On 12/17/2022 at 7:37 PM, Herb said:

Oh, lawd...do we need to stay off the street?

Nah, he has been driving for quite some time but just bought his first real car off of a lot. He wanted me to go with him to make sure he didn't get screwed in the process. Now my 16 year old hits the road on Thursday and it reminds me of that old lesser known stat that in 1860something the entire state of Ohio had a total of two cars. Somehow they managed to crash into each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well lemme discuss some portal fellas then

jalen cook, who left lsu after coming in with a logjam at guard, went to tulane and lit it up. he is in the transfer portal. he is from walker.  maybe he wants to return?

"Cook, an All-AAC selection this past season, averaged 19.8 points, 4.9 assists per game and owns a career 37% 3-point shooting average

BJ mack of wofford is a dude not hugely unlike KJ williams, 5th year big who shoots, he may join us.   yohan traore who was a huge prospect but didnt play much at auburn,  is in the portal. i wouldnt be stunned if some of these wade guys went to mcneese to dominate over there.   

brandon murray for example is in the transfer portal. that guy is awesome.  he was at georgetown playing for patrick ewing, who cannot coach worth a shyte. 

i think the most likely is local guy is vandy guard jordan wright, who is from baton rouge and went to dunham, same school as derrick stingley.

if macmahon doesnt pick up enough talent to win a decent number of games, we have a problem, because the portal is rich with talent. i mean its loaded with all manner of guys that could help. 

• Thanks 1

the rumours of jalen cook's return are louder now.   he wants to come home. he is from walker. his parents could go to every game. 

you may remember cook as a talented and athletic guard that played behind cam thomas and javonte smart. its tough to get minutes behind those two cats and eric gaines. 

cook was awesome at tulane and i think its not improbable he is the startin PG next year. 

Edited by martin
spellin

notes:

efton reid only lasted one year at gonzaga, he is in the portal

wofford big man BJ mack has trimmed his list to 5 and LSU is on it.  i think he wants to play the KJ williams role this year and go pro behind his performace vs SEC competition. 

20 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

damn, been a while.

How's it going?
Mets gonna be worth a shyte this year?

the mets are now much much richer than any other team, so they are gonna always be a force.

i used to live in queens NY and go to lots of mets games, i was really into it. but now i live in baton rouge and instead go to every LSU basketball game. 

i was will wade's biggest fan, now i am less enthusiastic (but mildly optimistic) about the program.  still love LSU basketball,  still a fan of the legends from my childhood, shaq, chris J, etc. 

3 hours ago, martin said:

the mets are now much much richer than any other team, so they are gonna always be a force.

i used to live in queens NY and go to lots of mets games, i was really into it. but now i live in baton rouge and instead go to every LSU basketball game. 

i was will wade's biggest fan, now i am less enthusiastic (but mildly optimistic) about the program.  still love LSU basketball,  still a fan of the legends from my childhood, shaq, chris J, etc. 

That's when I loved basketball