Gameday Tigers

Official Early Signing Day Thread Class of 2023

Fishhead

We're sitting at 21 HS commits signed right now, a couple more to go today and hopefully Ricks tomorrow. 

I expected approx 25 HS commits and up to 10 portal guys.  I'll have to do a separate thread on portal guys, but as you all know, we've picked up 4 in the past week

49 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Hope Austin flipped b/c we are gonna get Ricks. Who knows.  Wouldn't bother me if we never recruit another Cali kid again.

Yeah he was flipping which is why he was never on my list.  I shouldn't have put Smith bc I knew that was gonna happen, even noted it in the OP

57 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Not looking as likely for LSU to land Ricks, at which point HE would become "he who shall not be named"...unless we do land him lol. 

he can sit next to the other guy that has the same name that we don’t speak

42 minutes ago, Herb said:

Their troopers act like it is 59.5 MPH.

ahhh, Golden Meadow. 

except slightly higher. 

20 minutes ago, houtiger said:

LSU used to have a couple of surprise signings on national signing day.  The only one I see is the TE Pimpton from Fort Worth.  Was he a verbal or a surprise?   Any other surprises that came?  I saw the CB in Cali went to Oregon.

He was a Vandy flip. A good get. 

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

Not looking as likely for LSU to land Ricks, at which point HE would become "he who shall not be named"...unless we do land him lol. 

Either way, transfer portal will be active and especially for CBs.  Denver Harris has a green light from Kelly, so we'll see.  

Harris may be a discipline problem

10 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

do you think it’s coincidental that guys are in trouble with Jimbo as coach, but you never hear of it when others are coaching same dudes?

I dont know but there was an incident with illegal substances and another when they (Harris and a couple of others) sneaked out of the team hotel the night before a game.  He was suspended indefinitely after that