Gameday Tigers

Yearly Trek Across The Mexican Border

LSUDad

Once again we made our yearly trip, down to the Rio Grande Valley. Only 5 of us made this years trip. A few more went a few days later, then another group will head down sometime this month. As always, sent a text to my good friend in the border town of Neuvo Progreso. Ask if they have had any problems. His reply was things within the small town was good. We crossed three days, each morning, bring back much of the same items we have brought back over the years. This was my 28 year since I've been going down to the valley. Most every year, I've gone, some times, more than once. With the exchange of close to 20 pesos to the dollar, some items have dropped in price. 500mg Amoxicillin, 100 pills were $5 a bottle. Z-Packs were $4.95 for two dosages. $4 haircuts and $8 Pedicures for the Girls. Food prices as always, good. A Mexican Platter, $6.95. Three of us ate at a new Italian Restaurant in Mexico, We had each a large bowl of Minestrone Soup, two of us had beers and one had a sprite, we also had a Large Supreme Pizza. Three of us ate for $13.50 total, USD. They would rather US money over pesos. A few pictures showing the town...

This is Angels, we get most of the Jewelry here. Josefina is my sales girl.

4eabf86c98412337da2bf5d86375a102.jpg

El Disco is the largest store in the town.

nuevo-progreso.jpg

The Best Restaurant South of the Border, Arturo's

arturos50.jpg

• 2 months later...

I’ve been at a Family Reunion in New Iberia this past weekend, food, drinks and fun, as with every year. Jokes, lies, and just plain fun was had by one and all.

We also talked about the Border run, looks like a number want to cross before Christmas, so once again, a Party in Mexico is on the calendar. The women want Christmas gifts, where better to shop?

11 hours ago, LSUDad said:

I’ve been at a Family Reunion in New Iberia this past weekend, food, drinks and fun, as with every year. Jokes, lies, and just plain fun was had by one and all.

We also talked about the Border run, looks like a number want to cross before Christmas, so once again, a Party in Mexico is on the calendar. The women want Christmas gifts, where better to shop?

Travellin' Man!  Moss don't grow on a rollin' stone!  Good for you!

Archived