Gameday Tigers

THE NSD 2019 THREAD

Fishhead

No, I mean, realistically, we still have 3 more open spots, and they are there for Ish, Lee, and Ward.

Randolph went to Baylor and Williams went with Miami.  I guess you could say we missed on him, since until Monday night, I had him in this class for sure. 

No, they lost one.  The other was Christian Williams who was expected to sign with LSU (although committed to Alabama).  He signed with Miami.  We lost him, not InbredGumps.  NOBODY expected him to sign with InbredGumps today. 

They did lose Bogle, but not like he came here, so unsure of the celebration lol.  InbredGumps will still likely wind up with the #1 class, if not a close #2.  If we get Ish, sure, celebrate.  That's a huge battle win, but the war? Long way to go...

Oh, and Bogle went to a team we face every year regardless, so there's that fun too...he's a Gator.

Ish and Lee announce at 12:45, I believe.  Not sure how many Amite have announcing, so obviously exact timing depends on that.  They'll be the final two announcements at Amite.  

Ward, I'm hearing, is LSU.  Unsure of his announcement time.

What, y'all thought we were done? 

https://247sports.com/Player/Desmond-Little-46043182/

Desmond Little is a TIGER!  

3* DL.  Make of it what you will....but we need DL, so hey.

Looking at the numbers, a redshirt candidate that needs to gain 25+ lbs, at least.  But he'll have a shot at being a contributor in 2020 when we REALLY need guys.

Fonua
Hampton
Parker
Ward
Lee
Little

This along with the 19 signed in December is a very solid class, star power mixed with needs and a couple projects.  My main complaint is obviously not enough done regarding elite DL and OL, but it is what it is.  If y'all see a way we change the way things go against InbredGumps and in the pursuit of SEC Championships recruiting like this, I'd love to hear it. 

My main concerns with today would be Fonua being JUCO and only being able to help 2 years, Parker and whatever his issues are/were that led EVERYONE to think he was not a take in ANYONE'S class, and Little needing at least a RS year to get to edge rusher weight to go along with his edge rusher height.  Right now he's safety weight.  Reminds me a little of Mingo back when.  Hope he turns out as good in the end, and it's not an issue THIS year with Chaisson coming back and Fonua providing depth. 

Overall, this class is EERILY reminiscent of a Les Miles class late in his tenure here, and now a lot of people complain that it's due to him we are lacking in depth and talent in the trenches.  
We still are lacking in depth and talent in the trenches, so status quo it is.  Gotta hope the offense improves drastically to have a chance to win the SEC and hang with InbredGumps.  

From my friend Shea Dixion:  

3-star edge rusher Desmond Little becomes the late addition for #LSU. Others who landed the final spot in the class when they had an extra scholarship? 2017: Justin Jefferson 2016: Lloyd Cushenberry 2015: Foster Moreau 2014: Darrel Williams 2013: Deion Jones 2012: Duke Riley

42 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

Understand your take Fish. But I too look at 3* players in a different light. You can look over the years, with LSU and a top 5 finish, everyone gets the same opportunity. Get them in, see where they end up. 

I don't really care about the stars, Dad.  I'm more concerned with what O said was the most pressing issue, and especially with it being his forte...DL.  I don't like seeing InbredGumps taking EIGHT DL, all elite, while LSU is struggling to get 4...when we need more DL than they do.  It's like Bear Bryant is at InbredGumps again taking guys just to keep them away from his competition. 

Archived