Gameday Tigers

Grade 'Em

Fishhead

Offense:

QB=B-  Gritty af though.  Loving this kid
RB= B    Congrats to Helaire on the Wild Tiger TD
WR= B   BIG play by Dillon on a not so great pass!
TE=   Incomplete- Um, can we get a punter to throw a catchable ball??  
OL=  B-...MUCH improved

Defense:
DL= B
LB= A-
CB= A-  Greedy's pick pushed them up a bit but against this team and this QB, I came away pretty impressed
S- A+ and Grant Delpit is sometimes the best player on the field.  He's better than Reid and maybe Adams too.  

ST:
P-  B but I honestly don't know, I was at work early,  then drunk by the end of the game lol
K- A-.  Kick Tracy with his first miss, and then his first game winner!!  

Coaching Staff

HC=  B+.  He got Tracy and Burrow here, and he has two wins over top 10 teams, NEITHER at home.  
OC=  C.  I am trying here, Steve!  I DID like some of the new wrinkles, but can we please throw a quick slant on 3rd and 4 or 5 instead of trying to get our QB killed?
DC= B.  I mean, he's an A+ DC, but I expected big changes after halftime and it took a while.  
ST Corch+ A, dammit.  At least we have one this year!  Also credit to O for that.

Offense:

QB - B Kid has guts but needs better accuracy
RB - B didn't like they kept running up middle instead of trying to go around when they saw it clogged up
WR - B- Still dropping balls
TE - B they didn't catch but helped block
OL - A- they were night and day from last couple of games

Defense:  Played hard all game
DL  - A - 
LB - A -
CB - A- Go Greedy!
S - A Delpit seemed to be a difference maker

ST:
P - A  Seemed to pin them deep
K - A We have an awesome kicker

Coaching Staff

HC - B
OC - B-  I was getting sick of the run, run, pass and all the run up the middle plays - need to run to the sides sometimes
DC - A   Made adjustments at the half
ST Corch - A

I want to add an MVP award to Kick Tracy!

Offense: 

QB :  B-.  Improving each week but still learning. Pocket presence needs to improve as well as some decision making.  Hard to expect better given time on team.
RB:   C+.  We don't have a back that can guarantee 3-4 yards when we need it.  Part of this is OL play, though. Burrow had more rush yds than Edwards-Helaire.
WR:  A.    We seem to have a solid receiving core. They made some great, clutch catches. 
TE:   ??.    Ungradeable.  The only pass thrown to a TE was by the punter.  Overall, did well blocking I guess?
OL:   C-.  Improved with reshuffling but still needs improvement.  Over the season, this unit will get better barring injury. Needs more of a nasty bite.

Defense:
DL:    B.   Overall, kept Auburn in check but they have to share blame for letting Whitlow get 104 yds. Roughing penalty on Stidham was stupid and avoidable.
LB:   B-.  They might deserve a better grade due to injuries and they made some key tackles for losses. Did I mention Whitlow had 100+ yds rushing? 
CB:   A.   Solid performance. Interference penalties were legit and they could score lower, but would rather the flag than deep gains.
S:   A+.   Amazing game by Delpit.

ST:
P:   A.   Solid A, would be A+ were it not for that pass on the fake. Not really his fault for that, though.
K:   A++.   Kid gets bonus points for his stony coolness under fire.

Coaching Staff

HC: B+.   He had his teaam ready to play and pulled out an upset when everyone else wrote him off. 
OC: C+.   Nice to see him developing this QB. Improvements every game, but some headscratching calls on the final drives when we needed to be solid.
DC: A-.  Love Aranda, but while he was trying to whiteboard something new at end of 1st half, Stidham and Auburn were having their way with us.
ST Corch:  A.  What can I say about this corch? (lol)  He needs to call trick plays that suit his personnel to be effective. Otherwise, our ST play has been outstanding. 

Archived