Gameday Tigers

2024 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

We're dorking around with a CB from MooU that would be CB1 here instantly. 

You keep checking the alerts on your phone and melting like a 15 year old girl lol

Look here ye of little comprehension.  We don't NEED wide outs like we do CBs unless of course you were tickled with our Swiss cheese defense this past season. That was the point. You idiots are so quick to jump on someone you make yourselves look stupid, makes my job easier .

Oh, an GFY

4 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

know any 10 year olds at you local park that can play?

See what I mean, effing morons! Once in a while you might say something funny. Most of the time it's like this,  trying to be an alpha and end up looking like an idiot. Your stupid comment has nothing to do with the fact that we need cb more than wr. Too much of a p u $$ y to admit I'm right YET AGIN

Edited by Big T

7 hours ago, Big T said:

Look here ye of little comprehension.  We don't NEED wide outs like we do CBs unless of course you were tickled with our Swiss cheese defense this past season. That was the point. You idiots are so quick to jump on someone you make yourselves look stupid, makes my job easier .

Oh, an GFY

Hey you calm it down, goober nugget 

Of course we need CBs and Safeties and DL

Need some coaches too on that side of the ball. 

But just because we're talking to Zavion doesn't mean he's the priority over a CB. It means he was ready to talk. You talk to him and when CBs are ready to talk, you talk to them too. 

Quit being a knuckle butt 

11 hours ago, Big T said:

See what I mean, effing morons! Once in a while you might say something funny. Most of the time it's like this,  trying to be an alpha and end up looking like an idiot. Your stupid comment has nothing to do with the fact that we need cb more than wr. Too much of a p u $$ y to admit I'm right YET AGIN

Ray Charles been dead for a few years now and he can see we need DBs.
so don't go patting yourself on the back as if you've brought this insanely insightful info to the table.

the reason I don't follow recruiting religiously is for reasons just like this.

who we talk to today or tomorrow or the next day, or even the order we speak to them does not seem to carry as much weight as you think it does.

know how I know? because different coaches all have different approaches to the class each cycle.
judging the class today, or who we are allegedly talking to or not talking to will just drive you to insanity.

in about a week, we'll see who actually signs.
then we judge.

• Like 2

I no longer follow recruiting at all. What I know about it is the bits and pieces I pick up looking at other stuff.  Waaaaay to much drama involved nowadays. I evaluate once the ink is dry.  And then theoretically we only have them for a year now with the portal.  I believe we are going to reach the point where the players are going to be able to transfer multiple times without consequences.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Big T said:

And lose Ryan. Ugh

A coach at LSU once said, Never worry about the ones you lose, worry about the ones you got! 
I tell folks, often times when you lose a player, it’s not the on the field stuff that gets him. 
Sit over a few beers with a Coach, the stories they can tell. 

LSU Secures Commitment From Texas A&M Safety Jardin Gilbert

The Louisiana native returns home to suit up in the purple and gold, multiple years of eligibility remaining.
  • UPDATED:
    2 HOURS AGO
    ORIGINAL:
    2 HOURS AGO

LSU Tigers

LSU TIGERS

The LSU football staff continues doing work behind the scenes in the NCAA Transfer Portal after reeling in a commitment from former Texas A&M safety Jardin Gilbert.

The Louisiana native, and former U-High standout, returns home to suit up in the purple and gold with two seasons of eligibility remaining. 

A 6-foot-1, 200-pounder, Gilbert attains the size this program is looking for as they push for more defensive backs via the portal.

In 2023, Gilbert entered the season as a starter at Texas A&M, but had his junior campaign cut short after suffering a shoulder injury after just two games. In two games played, he totaled five tackles, a pass breakup and was in on a tackle for loss.

After 23 games in College Station, the prized safety was prepared for a change of scenery with the LSU Tigers making the call.

Now, the Louisiana native returns home with the chance to represent the Bayou Bengals to cap off his college career. 

It's no secret this program is in need of held in the secondary and the Transfer Portal window will be a time to add reinforcements.

4-star LB Tylen Singleton signs with LSU

Taylor Nettle
2 days ago

MANY, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — Many linebacker Tylen Singleton officially signed with LSU to continue his football career. 

The 4-star recruit committed to LSU in July and hosted a celebration for his signing in December.

“The family and the connection I have with my coaches, the recruiters and with Coach Brian Kelly,” Singleton explained when asked about why he chose LSU. “Coach BK has done wonderful things for LSU since he came. I want to be out there, play and win a National Championship with him.”

The senior has led the Many Tigers to success since his freshman year in 2020. After four seasons playing in red and black, the athlete has been a state champion twice, appeared in three state title games and is the 10th best linebacker in the country according to On3.

“[Highschool] was fast,” Singleton said. “I was coming in for summer workouts and then my coach gave me a chance. I started playing my freshman year, then we made it to state in Natchitoches. The next year we went back, but we lost it. Then I went back again and won.”

Singleton was highly recruited. He received offers from several Power 5 schools, but knew LSU was the right decision.

This is what I have found for our class.  All are expected to sign Wed. 12/20 - 22.  The last column is the number of stars they are rated.  You might be able to copy and paste into your spreadsheet and play with it.  That's 27 kids.  Just one 5*, OT Weston Davis from Beaumont (I wonder if any relation to Brad Davis, our OL coach?  Possible but not likely).  Good size, 6' 5" 285, looks like a tackle, not an OG forced to play tackle, (glad Miles is gone).

image.thumb.png.917f474d423bd762ed65b3c76129912e.png

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 9:34 AM, Hatchertiger said:

I believe we are going to reach the point where the players are going to be able to transfer multiple times without consequences.

And here it is ...

NCAA Agrees to Suspend Transfer Restrictions For Entire 2023-24 Season

https://frontofficesports.com/ncaa-agrees-to-suspend-transfer-restrictions-for-entire-2023-24-season/

• Confused 1