Gameday Tigers

2024 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

Texas 4-star safety Maurice Williams is LSU football's first Class of 2024 commitment

e323e5fd-9660-4619-b4de-2ff47fbd7798-V0wKoki Riley
Lafayette Daily Advertiser

2abe54b4-b44c-4cc5-a107-20c6681067a4-103

BATON ROUGE - Four-star junior safety Maurice Williams has committed to LSU football, he announced Saturday on Twitter.

Williams is LSU's first commitment from the Class of 2024. He is the No. 8 safety and No. 63 recruit in the nation, according to the 247Sports Composite. At 6-foot and 190 pounds, he attends Shadow Creek in Pearland, Texas, and has offers from Arkansas, Southern Cal, Oregon, Michigan and Michigan State.

"Hey Mom & Dad I’m A Tiger," Williams wrote.

Williams is the third safety LSU has gained a commitment from this year, as the Tigers have already added four-star Ryan Yaites and Michael Daugherty from the 2023 class.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

BREAKING: Xavier Atkins commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
July 5, 2022

Class of 2024 linebacker Xavier Atkins‍ of Jonesboro (LA) Hodge has announced his verbal commitment to LSU.  

Atkins announced his commitment LIVE on TigerBait.  

The 6-foot-200 pound linebacker committed to Missouri back in February but after LSU offered at camp last month the clock was ticking on that pledge.

Early Monday afternoon, Atkins announced he was reopening his recruiting process.  

With his commitment, LSU now has two commitments for the class of 2024.

Atkins finished his sophomore season with 219 tackles, 10 sacks, two interceptions and several fumble recoveries.  LSU linebackers coach and defensive coordinator Matt House is recruiting him for the Tigers staff.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Another one for Brian Kelly and the LSU football program. The Tigers run on the recruiting trail continues after gaining a commitment from Ohio native Tayvion Galloway. Galloway, a four-star recruit, became LSU‘s first tight end commitment in the 2024 cycle.

Galloway is commit No. 4 in the 2024 class after the Tigers also welcomed four-star athlete Joseph Stone earlier this month. This is a huge win for Brian Kelly, who lands a versatile tight end with tremendous upside.

Galloway chose LSU over Arkansas and Auburn, among others, adding to the incredible month on the recruiting trail this program has had. 

The 6-foot-5, 230-pounder has all the tools to compete in the SEC with the developmental skills this coaching staff attains. Kelly has been working to develop relationships early in the 2024 cycle, clearly making an impression on Galloway over a short period of time. 

Galloway has proven to be a threat as a blocking tight end and has shown flashes of his soft hands when becoming a pass catcher. Only entering his junior year, he has all the tools to develop into a lethal threat for this LSU offense when his time comes.

• Like 1

BREAKING: Four-star TE Tayvion Galloway commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
July 23, 2022

The LSU football programs class of 2024 has picked up a gem from the state of Ohio as four-star tight end Tayvion Galloway‍ of Chillicothe (OH) has announced his commitment to the Tigers. 

LSU head football coach Brian Kelly gets a 6-foot-5, 240-pound prospect who chose his program over Ole Miss, Miami, Cincinnati, Auburn, Arkansas, Michigan, Michigan State and many others.

“LSU was where my heart was and Coach Mike Denbrock is my guy,” Galloway told TigerBait.com. “I told him that I loved him and appreciate everything he’s done for me and my family.”

Galloway announced his college decision via livestream from Zion Baptist Church in Chillicothe.

LSU now has four commitments for the class of 2024.  He’s being recruited to LSU by offensive coordinator Mike Denbrock.

“LSU said that they plan to have me come in early develop learn the playbook and hopefully have a great spring season,” Galloway said. “I hope to see the field as soon as possible.

“I want to make this 2024 class as elite as possible and I plan to win multiple national championships at LSU.”

Galloway transferred to Chillicothe High School from Unioto in June.  He finished the 2021 season with eight receptions for 192 yards and two touchdowns.

Galloway gave Brian Kelly and LSU his commitment back on June 17 but didn’t make it public until today.

• 1 month later...

Zion Ferguson, a Class of 2024 cornerback from Loganville, Georgia, has committed to LSU. The 6-foot, 175-pound Ferguson chose what his mother previously referred to as his dream school over offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Michigan State, South Carolina and Tennessee along with many other FBS. 

• Like 1

Zion Ferguson grew up a fan of the LSU Tigers. His favorite player was Tyrann Mathieu. Since emerging as a top recruit, the 2024 four-star cornerback out of Loganville (Ga.) Grayson has visited Baton Rouge four times. 

The No. 155 prospect in the On3 Consensus didn’t see any reason to wait. Ferguson was ready to act on his feelings.

“I followed my heart,” Ferguson told On3. “No other school has given me the feeling that LSU has. I have been leaning towards LSU for a while. I made the decision official last week and I can’t go wrong following my heart.”

Ferguson’s first visit to LSU was last summer. Since the coaching change, the 6-foot, 150-pound junior has visited three times. What Brian Kelly is building, Ferguson wants to be a part of.

“The more schools I visited, the more LSU separated from the others. I was high on LSU from the beginning because it was my dream school, but the culture under BK made it the one. 

“The people there make the culture special. I felt different when I was at LSU. From BK to the assistant coaches to the recruiting analysts to the players – LSU was just different. It is what I want to be part of.

In 2019, LSU went 15-0 and won the national championship. LSU has made a coaching change and it expects to win at a high level again sooner rather than later. 

Ferguson is a believer in Kelly.

• Like 2

• Herb changed the title to 2024 LSU Football Commitments
  • Herb pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOOK: 2024 4-star QB Julian Sayin on LSU unofficial visit

Drew Schott09/24/22
look-2024-4-star-qb-julian-sayin-on-lsu-unofficial-visit Photo: On3

Carlsbad (Calif.) four-star quarterback Julian Sayin is one of the top signal-callers in the 2024 cycle. This weekend, the 6-foot-1, 185 pound prospect is taking another unofficial visit to LSU for the Tigers’ game against New Mexico. It is Sayin’s third overall visit to Baton Rouge and first since June 12.

Prior to kickoff, Sayin was spotted on the field level of Tiger Stadium. He is wearing a t-shirt with former LSU and current Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow on it.

“(Quarterback) coach (Joe) Sloan’s pitch has been how they are going to put the talent around the quarterback,” Sayin told Shea Dixon of The Bengal Tiger. “They have all the resources at LSU, and so much in-state talent alone. Their offense has been so explosive in years past with guys like Ja’Marr ChaseJustin JeffersonOdell Beckham Jr., etc. 

“It shows how much talent they bring in at receiver.” 

The California native isn’t the only high-profile 2024 quarterback seeing the Tigers tonight. Willis (Texas) four-star quarterback DJ Lagway is also taking an unofficial visit to LSU. 

Sayin has received 28 offers. According to the On3 Recruiting Prediction MachineGeorgia has a close lead for his commitment at 49.4%, while LSU isn’t far behind at 39.2%.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Giddy Up! 

The LSU football program has their big-time quarterback for the class of 2024 as five-star Colin Hurley‍ of Jacksonville (Fla.) has pledged to the Tigers

Hurley was slotted for the class of 2025 but has reclassified for 2024.  He committed to LSU over offers from Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and many others.

In a released statement Hurley said,

"To Coach Brian Kelly and the staff at LSU, I want to say, thank you for the opportunity to graduate a champion and bring a national championship to Baton Rouge!” 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

LSU adds commitment to 2024 class with Wallace Foster

kaw74mbmwsexsvwrfruf
Julie Boudwin • TigerDetails
Managing Editor

Early in the first quarter of LSU’s home game against UAB, the Tigers got some good off the field news

LSU picked up another commitment this time in the Class of 2024 with Warren Easton defensive back Wallace Foster.

Foster, ranked as a four-star cornerback, is the eighth commit in the Tigers’ 2024 class. As of now, LSU has the No. 2 recruiting class, per Rivals.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

LSU QB commit Colin Hurley heartfelt message after SEC Championship game

By Preston Guy
December 4, 2022

Tweet

LSU’s 2024 quarterback commitment Colin Hurley‍  sent Tigerbait.com this heartfelt letter reflecting on the SEC Championship and the future of LSU:

Congratulations to Georgia. They are the “Gold Standard” in college football - a model for all to see. I have nothing but respect for Georgia, Coach Kirby Smart, Coach Todd Monken and Coach Todd Hartley - all of them were very good to me and recruited me hard. I’m grateful to them and congratulate them on a phenomenal season.

LSU gave it a “good knock,” but we just came up short. Playing Georgia is never easy. They’re well-coached, talented, fast, physical and it’s always going to be a tall-task. That’s why they’re the defending national champions.

Coach Smart has been there since 2015 and he’s got everything in place. I don’t think the gap between Georgia and LSU is that far apart. There were some key plays - crazy plays, including a special teams field goal block and a “boink interception” that made a difference. While Georgia was, and is, the better team, I feel LSU showed they are a team on the rise and can compete with anyone in the SEC and country. We just came up short but that’s football and this team, under Coach Brian Kelly, can now set its sights on what it takes to win the SEC and compete for a national championship.

Let’s also not dismiss the success LSU had in the game. We had 502 yards passing, against a very good Georgia secondary. I’m sure we would have liked to have had some more success on the ground, but Georgia’s run defense was tough.

I want to be very clear on my take, regarding LSU football and I invite having an honest conversation. I’m very proud to be an LSU commit. I can’t wait to get to Baton Rouge and learn, lead, compete and win. I love what a saw from this team, all season. They showed development, fight, grit, togethernesses and never quit. The staff showed they can develop players, recruit, coach, teach, inspire, motivate and work as professionals.

The foundation is there. The glimpse of the future is here. I don’t think anyone gave us a chance this season, but we went 9-3 in the regular season, won the SEC West, battled through adversity and injuries, went to the SEC Championship Game and showed signs of what’s to come at LSU. Those are key takeaways, which cannot, should not, and will not, be overlooked.

This is the first year for Coach Kelly and this staff. They inherited a team and program that needed a “heavy lift” and I feel this staff was an up to the challenge. As a recruit, I love what I’m seeing there. LSU will always have its critics. Georgia vs LSU is good for college football. This was a big season for LSU and I feel the future looks bright. I’m honored, humbled, grateful and hungry to be a part of the future at LSU.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LSU Hosting Key Visitors, Add Another Early Enrollee

Tigers continue dominating the recruiting trail, set for a busy weekend in Baton Rouge.
BY ZACK NAGY

Loading video

LSU will host a number of key 2024 commitments and targets this weekend as they begin shifting focus to next year’s recruiting class. It’s been a busy offseason to this point with the Tigers dominating the transfer portal, but locking down the future of this program via the high school ranks is a top priority for Head Coach Brian Kelly. 

We took a look into three commitments who will be in Baton Rouge on Saturday and a few tidbits on LSU’s most recent 2023 pledge, Ryan Robinson Jr. 

The Three Key Commitments on Campus

Khayree Lee - Offensive Line - 2024 Commit

The 6-foot-5, 330-pounder has all the tools to compete in the SEC with the developmental skills this coaching staff attains. Kelly has been working to develop relationships early in the 2024 and 2025 cycles, clearly making an impression on Lee over a short period of time after he committed in November. 

Lee is extremely nimble for his size. With quick feet and the strength to back it up, he’s a prospect who has a chance to fly up the rankings by the time it’s all said and done. A 3-star currently, look for the youngster to make an impression as he closes out his junior year before blowing up next season. 

“2024 Ehret OL Khayree Lee continues to impress as a powerful, agile offensive lineman playing left tackle for the Patriots,” On3 National Recruiting Analyst Sam Spiegelman said. “Lee, who is down to 300-something-pounds, bends well and plays big with several knockdowns under his belt, especially with a running QB behind center.”

Maurice Williams - Safety - 2024 Commit

The 6-foot-1, 190-pounder developed a strong relationship with defensive coordinator Matt House and defensive backs coaches Kerry Cooks and Robert Steeples. A four-star, top 100 prospect, his recruitment has exploded this spring. 

Williams was on campus for an unofficial visit with the Tigers this summer where he ultimately felt at home. Ready to commit and shut the process down was on his mind for quite some time, leading him to pledge to Brian Kelly and his staff. 

With his mother’s side of the family residing in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana, it didn’t take long for him to feel comfortable leaving Texas and committing to LSU. Visiting both Ohio State and Texas last summer, LSU took charge of Williams’ recruitment rather quickly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The 2024 recruiting cycle has only officially been underway for less than two weeks, but LSU is already well on its way to bringing in another top-10 class.

The Tigers already have eight players committed in 2024, and that class ranks eighth nationally per On3 and third overall according to the 247Sports Composite. The class features three top 150 prospects already, including Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian quarterback Colin Hurley, who reclassified from 2025.

Commitments: 8
Avg. Rating Per Commit: 90.21
On3 Consensus Team Ranking: No. 8

In his first year in Baton Rouge, Brian Kelly returned LSU to the upper echelons of college football recruiting with one of the country’s best and deepest classes. And he’s wasting no time building another one in 2024. Despite having most of their top targets still on the board, the Tigers have already grabbed eight commits, five of whom rank in the top-200 nationally.

Four-star quarterback Colin Hurley leads the way, but arguably the most impressive part of LSU’s commit list is where they come from. Only one of the top six recruits in Louisiana has committed already, leaving a chance for the Tigers to clean up in their own state.

As Pope mentions, many of the top players in the state of Louisiana remain on the board, meaning this class has the potential to add a lot more talent before it’s all said and done.

Recruiting — both in high school and the transfer portal — have been key to what Kelly is building at LSU. His first two recruiting cycles were impressive, and 2024 has the potential to be his best yet.

LSU was listed by On3 as one of the teams off to a great start in the 2024 cycle. Here’s what Keegan Pope had to say about coach Brian Kelly’s class so far.

• Like 1

LSU's Top Targets: 5 to Watch for 2024

Shea Dixon•about 1 hour

LSU head coach Brian Kelly and the Tigers signed a Top 5 recruiting class during the 2023 cycle.

Entering his second season in Baton Rouge, which direction will recruiting go for Kelly in the current 2024 cycle?

The Tigers were circled by On3 as one of the programs “starting fast” in the 2024 class, which is ranked inside the Top 10 of the On3 Consensus Football Team Recruiting Rankings.

With eight commitments on board, who are some of LSU’s top targets this offseason?

Here are five names to keep an eye on.

Five-Star EDGE Colin Simmons

School: Duncanville (Texas)
On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 6
On3 RPM: LSU 89.4%

My Take: “Can LSU get into Duncanville High in Texas and land one of the premier recruits in college football? It’s a tall task, but LSU has already gotten Colin Simmons to campus multiple times over the past year. He’s ranked by the On3 Consensus as a five-star and the No. 1 EDGE prospect in America, and defensive line coach Jamar Cain has circled Simmons as the top target on the board. The competition will be stiff, but there’s little doubt that LSU will be in it until the end.”

Four-Star LB Tylen Singleton

School: Many (La.)
On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 41
On3 RPM: LSU 92.9%

My Take: “Tylen Singleton is ranked by the On3 Consensus as the No. 1 prospect in Louisiana, and he checks in as the No. 4 linebacker prospect in the country. LSU has been pressing from the start, and the Tigers have the early lead on the On3 RPM. LSU needs multiple high school linebackers this cycle, and Singleton is the top in-state name on the board.”

Four-Star CB Wardell Mack

School: Marrero (La.) John Ehret
On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 149
On3 RPM: LSU 98.8%

My Take: “While Singleton is ranked No. 1 in the state by the On3 Consensus, Wardell Mack is who currently holds the top spot in Louisiana on the On3 rankings. The John Ehret four-star standout is ranked by On3 as the No. 8 cornerback in the class, and he’s been high atop LSU’s 2024 wish list for well over a year. The Tigers are considered the team to beat, but offers are in from the likes of AlabamaColorado and others.”

Four-Star S Ka’Davion Dotson-Walker

School: Duncanville (Texas)
On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 154
On3 RPM: LSU 88.7%

My Take: “Let’s keep it at Duncanville High with another high-level prospect in Dotson-Walker. Ka’Davion Dotson-Walker is ranked as a top-15 safety in the country, and LSU holds a big early edge on the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. Safety is a need position in the 2024 cycle, and Dotson-Walker has emerged early as a key target.”

Four-Star OT Jonathan Daniels

School: Pensacola (Fla.) Pine Forest
On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 233
On3 RPM: Florida State 23.6%, Auburn 20.7%, Georgia 17.7%

My Take: “Jonathan Daniels is ranked by On3 as the No. 3 offensive tackle prospect in the country, and he will kick off the month of March with a visit to Baton Rouge. He took in LSU’s home opener against Florida State in New Orleans this past fall, and LSU offensive line coach Brad Davis has made the Florida native a major priority this cycle..”

• Like 1

Unfortunately as of now) the 5th rated prospect in the state (Ju'Jaun Johnson - CB - Lafayette Christian) committed to the Colorado Buffs and Coach Prime. There is still time for him to reconsider, so maybe we'll see him reconsider.

• 2 weeks later...