Gameday Tigers

Topic About Anything

houtiger

• 3 weeks later...

The interesting life of Terry Bradshaw, winner in 4 superbowls (never lost one).  His path was harder than most could see from the outside.  He had a mental health issue that nobody knew about, not even himself for most of his adult life, and it cost him a few marriages.  He always had a strong arm, they mention his high school javelin toss record, but they don't mention that it was not broken for 30 years!  One thing that always got me about Terry was his throwing motion on short-ish passes.  It looked like he just cocked his forearm by his ear and flicked the ball 20 or 30 yards, effortless and accurate.  I don't know that I've seen another QB do it quite that way.  What do you think of his mechanics?  It's 45 minutes, but well worth it if you are a Bradshaw fan (and I am).  Quite the sense of humor also!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Public Service Announcement:  Now that I am home more and on my computer more, the glare from my screen was starting to bother my eyes, too bright.  I looked around and they  make there non-prescription glasses tinted slightly yellow, and it cuts the blue glare from the screen.  My eyes are a lot more comfortable.  Google eye strain from computer screen blue light and some stuff should show up.  It can even affect your sex life!  (that's not true....:classic_biggrin:).  My son got a new pair of prescription glasses and had it added to them.

I got mine at Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=Computer Blue Light Blocking Glasses

Edit: you can also try to adjust the "brightness" of the screen.

Edited by houtiger

Not sure who watched "The Last Dance" about Jordan's last season, but at the end of Episode 7, Jordan is asked to react to comments from players that he was a jerk, pushed them too hard, crossed the line.  One of the genuine exchanges that shows the series was not a fake.

On the link below, there is a 1 minute 12 second exchange, Jordan responds about pushing his teammates:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/05/11/michael-jordan-last-dance-episode-7-final-scene-video

Saban said he sent the last 2 minutes of that to all of his players, to show them the price of leadership, it comes at a cost.  And to show them what it takes to be a champion, it comes at a cost.  Saban said it is the truest  comment on leadership he has seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Lowell Narcisse got his first start of the season for UTSA, broke his ankle on a run, out for the year.  I recorded 2 games and watched when he was in, good runner, erratic passer, threw a few fantastic balls, and a few duds.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/utsa/article/Lowell-Narcisse-to-miss-rest-of-season-as-UTSA-15658331.php

• 5 months later...

The Masters is the king of golf tournaments.  Ask any pro golfer which tournament they would like to win, and its the masters.  It is the only major that is always played on the same course, and what a beautiful course it is in the spring!  If you win the Masters, you can play for life, they truly honor their past champions.  The champions return for the champions dinner each year, and it is a reunion of men who love the game and played it at the highest level, competing against each other for decades in some cases, like Nicklaus and Gary Player.  Fred Couples missed the cut, he was +7 through 2 days, and he's 61 years old.

Starting in 1963, the honorary 3 starters hit the first tee shot.  Once an honorary starter, you have the job as long as you want to keep it.  The first ones I remember were Gene Sarazen, Sam Sneed, and Byron Nelson.  Recently it was Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Player.  After Arnie died, it was just Jack and Gary.  This year they honored Lee Elder, the first black man to play in the Masters.  I think Lee is a one time starter, he did not hit a shot, and he never won the Masters.  The traditions make the Masters what it is.

The video starts at two and a half minutes in:

Edited by houtiger

• 1 month later...