Gameday Tigers

2025 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

4-star CB Jaylen Bell commits to LSU football, becomes first Class of 2025 commit

e323e5fd-9660-4619-b4de-2ff47fbd7798-V0wKoki Riley
Lafayette Daily Advertiser

AD
0:08

Four-star cornerback Jaylen Bell has committed to LSU football.

At 5-foot-11 and 150 pounds, Bell is the No. 39 recruit and No. 6 cornerback in the Class of 2025, according to the On3 Sports consensus ratings. He attends Grayson High School in Georgia and is the No. 7 prospect in the state.

LSU commits Michael Daughtery and Zion Ferguson also attend Grayson. Daugherty is a three-star safety and Ferguson is a four-star cornerback.

"Manifested... Happy Brithday To Me," Bell wrote Saturday on Twitter.

Bell also had offers from Auburn, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. Cornerbacks coach Robert Steeples and defensive analyst Bobby Barham were his lead LSU recruiters, per 247Sports.

Bell is LSU's first commitment to its 2025 class. The Tigers have the No. 5 class in the nation in 2023 and the No. 1 class in 2024, per 247Sports Composite.

LSU lost a commitment on Friday, as four-star, Class of 2023 defensive lineman Darron Reed flipped his commitment from LSU to Auburn.

Koki Riley covers LSU sports for The Daily Advertiser and the USA TODAY Sports South Region. Email him at kriley@theadvertiser.com and follow him on Twitter at @KokiRiley.

• Like 1

BREAKING: 2025 cornerback Jaylen Bell commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
November 26, 2022

Tweet

Brian Kelly and his LSU football staff received their first commitment for the class of 2025 Saturday afternoon as cornerback Jaylen Bell‍ of Loganville (Ga.) Grayson has announced his pledge.  

The 5-foot-11 prospect committed to LSU over offers from Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Miami, South Carolina and many others.

“LSU has always been my dream school. In youth football I participated in a documentary declaring I will be starting for LSU years ago when I was a little kid,” Bell told TigerBait.com.  “I am excited to continue my talents with high-level, knowledgeable coaches, strong winning history, and a positive culture with a defense that I am confident I can execute.”

Brian Kelly recruited Bell’s brother a decade ago.

“I grew up playing cornerback all my life taught by my dad and older brother Tre’ Bell. Coach Kelly recruited my brother out of hs in 2012 and now its my turn. LSU is still DBU to me ,” Bell said. I love the defensive back history of LSU. I always felt like I can be like players like Derek Stingley, Tyrann Mathieu, Morris Claiborne, Tre’Davious White, Patrick Peterson and more, if not better than them.”

LSU has a long history of recruiting the state of Georgia has particularly good success at Grayson High School.

“My parents are extremely happy and proud of this decision,” Bell said. “I have forged a bond with during this process are Coach Corey (Phillips), Coach Barham, and Coach Steeples who is the cornerbacks coach.”

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Four-star offensive lineman Brett Bordelon has committed to LSU football, he announced on Instagram Tuesday.

At 6-foot-4 and 265-pounds, Bordelon is a four-star recruit at Isidore Newman in New Orleans, according to On3 Sports. His brother, Bo Bordelon, signed with LSU as a three-star offensive tackle last year. His father, Ben, played at LSU for three seasons and was an All-SEC second team selection as a senior in 1996.

Brett is the second player to commit to LSU's 2025 class, joining four-star cornerback Jaylen Bell. Bell is the No. 39 player and No. 6 cornerback in the nation.

Brett also had offers from Alabama and Georgia, according to On3.

• Like 1

• Herb changed the title to 2025 LSU Football Commitments
  • Herb pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

LSU offers 2025 No. 1 QB Bryce Underwood

Billy Embodyabout 2 hours
lsu-offers-2025-no-1-qb-bryce-underwood 2025 No. 1 QB Bryce Underwood. (Billy Embody - On3)

LSU extended an offer to 2025 Belleville (Mich.) quarterback Bryce Underwoodon Monday, he announced on Twitter. The 6-3, 202-pound quarterback is the top-ranked passer in the country, according to the On3 Consensus.

The On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies, ranks him as the No. 4 prospect in the nation and No. 1 player in Michigan.

Underwood visited Penn State last weekend and is set to visit LSU on March 3. Underwood previously took in games at Michigan and Michigan State this fall. In addition to the Nittany Lions and Tigers, Ohio State reaches out to his father, who is a coach.

“The love that they show me, as well,” Underwood told On3 at Battle Miami about what he looks for in college coaches. “The coaches usually want you just to come out there, visit their school. I like when coaches come to me, as well.”

LSU offering comes two days after the Tigers hosted and offered 2026 Carrollton (Ga.) quarterback Julian Lewis. LSU holds a commitment in 2024 from four-star Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian quarterback Colin Hurley. Underwood is the first 2025 quarterback offer from quarterbacks coach Joe Sloan.

Underwood has an On3 NIL Valuation of $139K. The On3 NIL Valuation is the industry’s leading index that sets high school and college athletes’ projected annual value (PAV). The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

2025 Shreveport (La.) Captain Shreve offensive lineman Devin Harper is one of Louisiana’s top rising juniors. Now, he holds an offer from the LSU Tigers, he announced on Twitter on Thursday.

LSU is one of the schools to have hosted him this spring. Offensive line coach Brad Davis spent ample time with him, building a good early connection.

“It was great,” Harper told On3 of his January visit. “Loved the staff and the whole environment at LSU. Felt the ‘home’ vibe. I like his personality and his love for the players on and off the field. He loves his players, he’s a great coach and developer.”

“LSU with a new head coach lived up to the standard of LSU football,” Harper said. “I loved the two freshmen starting offensive tackles. I loved how they improved so much in one year under Brian Kelly.”

On3 rates Harper as the No. 253 overall prospect in the country, No. 16 interior offensive lineman nationally and No. 9 prospect in Louisiana. He’s a member of the 2025 On300.

Schools like Oklahoma, LSU, Texas, Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss are among those heavily involved. LSU leads the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine for him.

Harper checks in as the No. 220 player in the country and No. 12 overall interior offensive lineman in the 2025 class, according to the On3 Industry Rankings, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Five-star wide reciever Dakorien Moore has committed to LSU football, he announced on Saturday. At 5-foot-11 and 175 pounds, Moore is the No. 11 player and No. 3 wide receiver in the nation in the Class of 2025, according to 247Sports Composite.

2025 5-star WR Dakorien Moore commits to LSU Tigers

Keegan Pope30 minutes
Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 1.25.05 PM (Dakorien Moore/Twitter)

2025 five-star Duncanville (Tex.) wide receiver Dakorien Moore has committed to LSU. 

Moore chose the Tigers over offers from across the country, including Texas, Oregon, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabamaand more. 

The 5-foot-11, 175-pounder is the No. 10 overall prospect and No. 2 wide receiver nationally, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

Moore visited LSU in April and then again at the end of July, where he got a chance to spend time around current commits and other recruits, as well as wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton. 

“He sees me being versatile and well-rounded in the offense and my game is special,” Moore told The Bengal Tiger after his visit. “He’s cool people. Seeing what he do with his receivers, I trust him.”

Head coach Brian Kelly was also involved with the highly touted wideout’s visit.

“He’s funny, but he’s about his business,” Moore said. “I like that he can flip his switch from fun and vibes to locked in and about business. He was jus telling me about hisself and mainly that I could be the next great from LSU.”

• Like 1

BREAKING: Five-star WR Dakorien Moore commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
August 12, 2023

LSU has landed the number one wide receiver prospect in the state of Texas as five-star Dakorien Moore‍ of Duncanville, Texas has announced his verbal commitment to the Tigers.

The 6-foot, 175-pound prospect committed to LSU over Texas, Ohio State, USC, Oregon, Oklahoma and many others.

“They was family, when I first stepped foot there I knew it was some placed I need to be,” Moore said. “When Caden Durham‍ told me what it was, it was too good to be true.”

Moore is a consensus five-star wide receiver across all recruiting networks and all have him as the number one pass-catcher in the state of Texas for 2025.

Brian Kelly was excited to receive Moore’s commitment.

“He showed me a lot of love,” Moore said. “He was very excited to know the type of athlete he’s getting.

“Since the recruiting process started, he’s been on me every since.”

The lightning fast Moore has posted a 10.63 100-meter and 22.3 200-meter.  He finished his sophomore season with 44 receptions for 764 yards (17.36 avg.) and six touchdowns. 

Moore gives LSU four commitments for the class of 2025 and he’s the first receiver commit in the class.

On 8/12/2023 at 9:07 PM, Jace78 said:

Absolutely!

Saw a blurb in there about Denver Harris, hope he gets his stuff together. I saw an article that said he wasn't listed on the roster so I'm glad to see that he is at practice and participating. 

8 hours ago, Big T said:

Saw a blurb in there about Denver Harris, hope he gets his stuff together. I saw an article that said he wasn't listed on the roster so I'm glad to see that he is at practice and participating. 

He wasn't at practice yesterday or today.  Kelly will be addressing his status tomorrow.  That article was from Saturday.

• 1 month later...

LSU won both on and off the field Saturday night. After defeating Auburn, the Tigers carried their momentum on to the recruiting trail, landing a commitment from coveted Louisiana wide receiver TaRon Francis. 

The New Orleans (La.) talent is the first to pop after a monstrous recruiting weekend for Brian Kelly and the Tigers. 

Francis joins Duncanville (Tex.) wideout Dakorien Moore as the pair of receivers in the 2025 class. LSU now has five pledges in the cycle. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

LSU Football: Tigers Gain Commitment From Prized Linebacker Keylan Moses

The four-star linebacker picked the Tigers over Florida, joins talented 2025 class.

LSU Tigers
LSU Tigers

The LSU football staff has secured a commitment from the No. 5 player in Louisiana, Keylan Moses. The four-star linebacker revealed his pledge to Brian Kelly and the Tigers late Thursday night. 

Moses is the sixth pledge in LSU's 2025 class headlined by five-star wide receiver Dakorien Moore. 

fyi, his brother Dylan Moses played for Alabama.  Keylan plays at University High.

• Like 2