Gameday Tigers

2025 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

When Gumps got Tua and Bryce Young, well spaced by class, they got a couple of natty's out of it.  No guarantee, but you must have a difference maker at QB to contend for a natty.  Les never could do that, top QB's did not want to play in has stone age offense.  It is clear that top QB's want to come to LSU now.  We have a good scheme, and excellent overall talent on offense.  We will lose a few QB's that want to leave for playing time, but as long as we can keep the top dude, and a good backup QB, that's all you can hope for with the transfer portal today.  Geaux Tigers!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

LSU coaches check in on five-star 2025 quarterback commit Bryce Underwood

USATSI_21980156.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
Syndication: Detroit Free Press
January 19, 2024 5:43 pm CT

LSU has landed the No. 1 quarterback (and top overall prospect) in the 2025 recruiting class in Belleville, Michigan, gunslinger Bryce Underwood. But there’s a long time between now and early signing day in December, and as we’ve seen in the past, securing a player’s commitment is just the first step.

The Tigers are trying to keep things solid with Underwood as the search for an offensive coordinator to replace the departing Mike Denbrock continues. Joe Sloan, who is currently serving as the interim co-offensive coordinator alongside receivers coach and passing game coordinator Cortez Hankton, visited Underwood in Michigan on Friday.

The news was reported by On3’s Shea Dixon.

Sloan was joined by running backs coach and assistant head coach Frank Wilson. The pair had been in northern Louisiana the previous day visiting a pair of Shreveport prospects.

• Like 1

LSU has offered 2025 4⭐️ DL Landon Rink out of Cypress, TX. Rink was another DL that was already started to be recruited by Bo Davis at Texas and is a prospect who already has double digit P5 offers, including from the likes of Oklahoma, Texas, TAMU,  and others.

• Like 2

LSU offers 4-star defensive lineman from Arlington, Texas

LSUWire_RN2.png?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
January 22, 2024 8:00 am CT

Brian Kelly is working on bolstering his defensive line in 2025 by heavily recruiting a lot of talented defensive linemen. That search has led him to Arlington, Texas, where he found a four-star defensive lineman who currently has no favorites to land him per On3.

Dilan Battleis a 6-foot-2, 315-pound, four-star defensive lineman who plays for Mansfield Timberview High School. The Mansfield Timberview Wolves finished the 2023 season 9-2 with a loss to Wakeland in the first round of the 5A D1 playoffs.

There are currently no Crystal Ball projections for Battle and there are no clear favorites to land him per On3.

Film Analysis: Battle stars as a defensive tackle and nose guard for the Wolves. He does a great job eating up double teams to wreak havoc in the backfield.

• Like 1

Brian Kelly thinks he has found a sleeper recruit in the Sunshine State. He and his recruiting staff have ventured down to Hollywood, Florida, and found a player that not many schools are aware of yet but they may be soon.

Shmar Akande is a 6-foot-3, 180-pound cornerback who plays for South Broward High School. The South Broward Bulldogs finished the 2023 season 8-3 with a loss to Belen Jesuit in the first round of the 3 M state playoffs.

There are currently no Crystal Ball projections for Akande and there are no favorites to land him per On3.

Film Analysis: Akande is a guy with great size who has incredible ball and cover skills.

• Like 3

Jaboree Antoine of Westgate High (New Iberia, La.) Antoine is one of Louisiana’s best overall and ranks as the nation’s No. 3 cornerback for 2025, per On3’s rankings.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/article/lsu-football-commitment-2025-jaboree-antoine-226230114/?fbclid=IwAR0APRhP1JEbGVDVK4X0wt3w18gL2rfiWRcm-v8P5Qoo0TrQinLL4AFjv50

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 1

BREAKING: Four-star CB Jaborree Antoine commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
January 27, 2024

Class of 2025 four-star cornerback Jaboree Antoine‍ of New Iberia (La.) Westgate has committed to LSU.  

The 6-foot-1, 175-pound prospect chose LSU over scholarship offers from Texas, Tennessee, Georgaia, Texas A&M and many others.

Antoine was a visitor to LSU’s massive junior day event on Saturday.

LSU now has nine commitments for the class of 2025.  The Tigers class is widely considered to currently have the nation’s top-rated 2025 class.

In one his more recent unofficial visits to LSU, Antoine told TigerBait, “Today was Great soon as I stepped foot in the facility I felt that family vibe and that’s exactly what it felt like talkin with the coach’s and getting to know everyone, LSU preached and was big on Elite and Leadership that’s there standard but what I say was my favorite moment is talkin with Coach Cooks and watching my Sophomore Tape and play style which is similar to where they would want me playing, I feel like LSU is a great program, definitely would develop me for the next level. “Iron Sharpens Iron”

LSU Football: Tigers Land Commitment From Top OL Devin Harper

The Bayou Bengals reel in another monster commitment, Harper pledges to LSU.

LSU Tigers

LSU TIGERS

The LSU football staff has been on a recruiting rampage over the last few weeks with an emphasis on the 2025 cycle.

It's a class that has the chance to change the LSU program for years to come, and after securing three players ranked No. 1 at their position, there is more to come.

Bryce Underwood (No. 1 QB), Harlem Berry (No. 1 RB) and Dakorien Moore (No. 1 WR) headline a dominant 2025 class, but there are several key targets ready to pop sooner rather than later.

LSU reeled in a pledge from the No. 3 cornerback in America on Saturday when Jaboree Antoine revealed his commitment to the purple and gold.

Now, the Tigers have landed a commitment from another top prospect: Four-star offensive lineman Devin Harper.

It's clear the message from Kelly and Co. on "The Trail": Lock down the Bayou State and build a wall around Louisiana.

For Harper, the No. 3 ranked player in the state, he's felt the push from LSU over the last few months with the Tigers ramping up their recruitment in a big way.

• Like 1

Dandy Don has not released his top players in La. yet, but with the commits LSU has for the 2025 class, he said right not, we have verbals from 6 of the top 7 players in the state, and the seventh has not given any verbal.  That sounds real good.  La. is supposed to have a strong class for 2025.

• Like 1

Part of this is due to kids having diminished options.

• If they go to UGA, they'll likely ride the pine a while
  • Saban retired, so the Tide has lost its luster (see rats fleeing sinking ship)
  • Billy Napier is not wht he was cracked up to be
  • Texas A&M sucks (see rats fleeing sinking ship)
  • B1G (however many teams there are now) is like going to play a bit part in a stage play that is not even in New York much less Broadway. You have 2 or 3 decent teams then the not ready for prime time teams
  • Notre Dame will continue to be Notre Dame until they figure out how to buy a decent team with all their TV money

For better or worse, we have room for the true cream to rise up into starting roles and our head coach is now the winningest active coach in CFB.

• Like 2

On Friday, the Tigers lost a commitment from 2025 three-star cornerback Jaylen Bell, he announced on social media. Bell, who's been pledged to the Bayou Bengals since December of 2022, will reopen his recruitment and evaluate options elsewhere during his senior campaign.

14 hours ago, LSUDad said:

On Friday, the Tigers lost a commitment from 2025 three-star cornerback Jaylen Bell, he announced on social media. Bell, who's been pledged to the Bayou Bengals since December of 2022, will reopen his recruitment and evaluate options elsewhere during his senior campaign.

Sounds like making room to me

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Big T said:

Sounds like making room to me

Corey Raymond is back in town.  Steeples accepted his commitment, Raymond must think he can do a lot better.

It's a version of making room.  I think its the coaching change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

Corey Raymond is back in town.  Steeples accepted his commitment, Raymond must think he can do a lot better.

It's a version of making room.  I think its the coaching change.

Yeah could be, think we've picked up a few already, maybe those are '25 kids but I know we are chasing the Bussey kid as well. Writing could be on the wall...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

BREAKING: Class of 2025 linbacker Charles Ross commits to LSU

By Mike Scarborough
March 9, 2024

LSU defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Blake Baker picked up a big commitment from the Tigers junior day event on Saturday as class of 2025 linebacker Charles Ross‍ has given his pledge.

“It felt like home!! The coaches told me how I would be used in the defense and their plans on developing me,” Ross told TigerBait.com.

Ross who stands at 6-foot-2, 200-pounds hails from Northshore High School in Houston, Texas.  He chose LSU over offers from Baylor, Cal, Pitt and many others.

He finished his junior season with two interceptions, one returned for touchgown, two pass breakups, six sacks and 71 total tackles.  

Ross has tons of speed with a 4.47 in the 40 yard dash and a 10.4 in the 100 meters.

Ross is commitment No. 10 in LSU’s 2025 recruiting class which is currently ranked No. 1 in the nation.

“I’m super excited and happy about the experience and opportunity,” Ross said.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Good speed for a LB.  They'll put 20 lbs. on him in 2 years.  I read he is very smart kid.

Word I got, Baker really wanted this one. Good one to get. 

Another Hit: 

LSU Adds Commitment From No. 1 IOL in America Tyler Miller

Miller adds to the Bayou Bengals' No. 1 recruiting class in the 2025 cycle, Tigers secure the coveted lineman.
  • UPDATED:
    MAR 17, 2024 2:28 PM EDT

LSU Tigers

LSU TIGERS

Brian Kelly and the LSU football staff continue stockpiling talent for the long haul after reeling in a commitment from the No. 1 interior offensive lineman in America: Tyler Miller.

The 6-foot-6, 320-pounder provides offensive line coach Brad Davis with another coveted prospect to add to his position group.

Miller, a Mississippi native, is rated as a consensus four-star recruit across all platforms and is the 71st ranked prospect per On3.

He chose the Tigers over a slew of programs including Ole Miss, Florida and Mississippi State, among others. 

Now, after visiting Baton Rouge last weekend, Miller has shutdown his recruitment and revealed his pledge to Kelly and Co. as he begins spring football.

The trip to The Boot paved the way for Miller to commit to the Tigers and join their No. 1 recruiting class in the country.

On3's evaluation of Miller: “Tyler Miller has been in the top 100 for On3 for several months. A guy who could play multiple positions on the offensive line. Got to see him in person at the Atlanta Under Armour camp, he is really well-built at 6-foot-5, 315 pounds. Has plus length with 34-plus inch arms. A violent, physical run-blocker. Going to need to continue to develop in pass protection, and I think his skillset right now projects most seamlessly on the interior, but he’s a good athlete, fluid mover and a guy who, when you look at the pure physical ability and his ready-made size, projects well.”

LSU now has four prospects rated No. 1 at their position committed in the 2025 class.

- Bryce Underwood: No. 1 QB

- Harlem Berry: No. 1 RB

- Dakorien Moore: No. 1 WR

- Tyler Miller: No. 1 IOL 

Who could be next? Three prospects to keep tabs on:

The James Simon Buzz:

Brian Kelly and Co. have been adamant about locking down Louisiana and building a wall around the state when it comes to The Boot's best players.

Now, the Tigers have secured commitments from six of the Top 10 prospects with one more trending their way.

LSU has continued its push for the No. 4 player in Louisiana: James Simon.

The No. 2 running back in the Bayou State and Top 10 back in the 2025 cycle is quickly trending LSU's way after visits with the coaching staff.

• Like 1

This staff hasn’t slowed down. They are doing the leg work now. Soon, the recruits, they start talking with other players. Come with us to LSU, we are building a National Championship Team. 

The Offensive Linemen Kelly gets, they follow a list as to what they are looking for in that group of position players. They don’t venture far as to what they are looking for. Every place Kelly has been, he’s followed this. Kelly had no choice but to start two true freshman, he didn’t have an option. He would rather bring them along slower. 

• Like 1

LSU already has the No. 1 class in the 2025 cycle at the moment, and it could get even better if it can pull off a colossal flip this weekend.

The Tigers are hosting five-star Florida Stateoffensive tackle commit Solomon Thomas, as was first reported by Tom Loy of 247Sports. Thomas has also locked in upcoming visits with in-state programs Florida and Miami.

The Raines (Jacksonville, Fla.) prospect ranks as the No. 1 interior offensive line prospect in the nation and No. 2 player in the state of Florida. The 247Sports Composite Rankings slot him as the No. 13 overall player nationally. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

LSU receives commitment from 2025 4-star RB

LSUWire_CMTD_FB.png?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
April 13, 2024 5:31 pm CT

On the day of the spring game, Brian Kellyand his staff received some great news for the 2025 recruiting class. They landed another commitment. This time it is from a four-star running back from Alexandria, Louisiana.

LSU recently offered JT Lindsey and as soon as he was offered he received crystal ball projections to commit to LSU and the Tigers became the heavy favorites to land him.

Lindsey is a 5-foot-11, 185-pound, four-star running back from Alexandria Louisiana where he plays for Alexandria High School. He is ranked as high as the No. 11 running back in the 2025 recruiting class by On3.

The Tigers 2025 class currently ranks as the No. 3 class in the country by 247Sports and is headlined by two five-star recruits, Bryce Underwood and Dakorien Moore. Lindsey becomes the second running back commitment of the class as he joins Harlem Berry in what could be a very explosive backfield for the Tigers in the future. 

• Like 3