Gameday Tigers

2024 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

The LSU football staff has pulled off one of the biggest flips in the 2024 recruiting cycle.

On Thursday evening, Texas A&M five-star offensive line commitment Weston Davis flipped his commitment from the Aggies to the Tigers.

LSU offensive line coach Brad Davis made a stop at Beaumont United (Beaumont, Texas) on Thursday, and the news of a flip from one of the nation’s best offensive tackles followed.

Davis is ranked by On3 as a five-star, the No. 3 offensive tackle in the country, the No. 18 overall prospect in America and a Top 5 recruit in Texas.

Prior to his decision to flip to LSU, Davis was Texas A&M’s second-highest ranked commitment, per the On3 rankings for the 2024 class. Davis is LSU’s highest-ranked commitment for the cycle, followed by four-star Trey’Dez Green at No. 40 overall as a Top 3 tight end nationally.

LSU adds a 5-star to an already solid OL haul

The addition of Weston Davis not only gives the Tigers a five-star prospect, but also bolsters an already impressive offensive line class.

Now, the Tigers have commitments in from a pair of Top 10 offensive tackle prospects on On3 in Davis and North Carolina four-star Ethan Calloway.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Trey'Dez Green takes over as Louisiana's No. 1 prospect

by:Billy Embody11/20/23

2024 LSU commit and Zachary (La.) tight end Trey’Dez Green made a huge move up in the latest On3 rankings as he’s having a massive senior season.

On3 moved him up from the No. 40 overall prospect to the No. 35 overall prospect. The third-ranked tight end is now the No. 2 tight end. Green could rise even higher up the ranks, but most importantly, he’s now the top-ranked prospect in Louisiana.

On3 director of scouting Charles Power said Tiger fans should be excited about what Green’s put together. He added weight in the offseason and is moving well with that added mass.

“Has a bounce to his step that he maybe didn’t have quite as consistently as a junior. He’s made some ridiculous catches so far,” Power said in October. “He’s a guy we’ve always been high on his upside as a big-time mismatch at tight end. He’s around 6-6, 230 pounds and has that above the rim basketball athleticism along with his bulk and ability to box out defenders in the air.”

2 hours ago, Big T said:

Any chance we can get Jacoby to come back home? I remember hearing about one of these guys in tears about going to atm and I suspect it was him.

Hope we can get him back

My guess, the aggie players will wait to see who the new head coach is, and who the position coaches are, meet with them, and then make up their mind.  Unless aggieland has really turned them off.

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

My guess, the aggie players will wait to see who the new head coach is, and who the position coaches are, meet with them, and then make up their mind.  Unless aggieland has really turned them off.

When is the portal opening? I think it only opens twice. Not sure if that will line up with the hiring process there.

You fire your coach before the season ends, so maybe you get your new coach in before the early signing date, like LSU did.  Then he can call all the commits and try to keep them committed.  They have been interviewing head coach candidates, I am sure, since they fired Jimbo two weeks ago.  Now that the season is over, something could happen soon.

As I understand the rule (and please do not take my word for it) is that players on a team where a coach is fired have a 30 day window to enter the portal and talk to other schools.

So I assume that 30 day window started ticking when Jimbo was fired. Now that their season is over, we might see some movement there.

They can enter but that doesn't mean they can't stay at A&M.