Gameday Tigers

2024 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

2024 Pensacola (Fla.) Pine Forest offensive tackle Jon Daniels is one of the nation’s top overall prospects and Daniels was at LSU earlier this spring for an unofficial visit. 

On Wednesday, Daniels confirmed his first official visit will go to the Tigers on June 2.

A five-star for On3, Daniels saw his recruitment blow up this offseason. Daniels’ spring included to Georgia and Florida, as well as back to Florida State and LSU. On3’s top-ranked offensive tackle is also still in the process of setting up a few more out-of-state visits to schools, but Florida State is the leader, he told On3 earlier this month.

LSU offensive line coach Brad Davis and his visits have caught his eye in a big way. The Tigers have had him on campus multiple times.

“Just getting communication and the 1-on-1 time. That’s mostly what I’m strong about, communicating every day. Seeing how he coaches in-person instead of online,” Daniels said this spring. “It’s been good. He calls and texts every day. It’s building, it’s there. First, I want to say the game (LSU-Alabama), oh my God. Being there in-person, everything is just wild. The crowd goes wild. The love, the support, everything is just there. That’s one of the things that I love about LSU. Everybody cares about each other as one. That’s mostly it.”

Florida State leads the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine for him. Daniels is the No. 1 offensive tackle in the country and No. 11 overall recruit for On3. According to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies, Daniels comes in as the No. 67 overall prospect and No. 6 offensive tackle.

“Possess a gorgeous frame and is the perfect piece of clay collegiate strength and conditioning coaches crave to mold in their programs,” Jon Daniels’ scouting report reads. “Shows quality burst and twitch in his movements. Plays with a terrific base in pass protection. Flashes some brute strength at the point of attack. Can play a little over his toes in the run game and get a bit out of control at times. High upside prospect if he is able to refine his movements.”

BREAKING: 2024 DL De'Myrion Johnson commits to LSU

By Preston Guy
May 25, 2023

Class of 2024 three-star defensive lineman DeMyrion Johnson‍ out of New Iberia (La.) Westgate has committed to LSU.

“I just felt like it was just best for me an my family,” Johnson told TigerBait.com. "I felt at home since day one."

Johnson is the 16th commitment for the class and the eighth out of Lousiana. He is also the first defensive lineman in the Tigers class.

The 6-foot-2, 275-pound lineman picked LSU over Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and many more.

LSU earns commitment from in-state DL prospect in class of 2024

LSU earns commitment from in-state DL prospect in class of 2024

A prospect out of New Iberia, Louisiana announced his commitment to LSU on Thursday. He posted about the news on social media.

De’Myrion Johnson committed to Brian Kelly as a 3-star DL from the 2024 class per the 247Sports Composite. He is listed at 6-foot-2, 275 pounds. Johnson is the No. 44 DL and No. 11 prospect out of Louisiana in his class.

LSU Adds Commitment From 2024 Louisiana Native De'Myrion Johnson

Johnson is commitment No. 16 in the 2024 class, first defensive lineman.

Brian Kelly continues his quest at locking down the state of Louisiana after securing a commitment from New Iberia, La. native De’Myrion Johnson out of Westgate High School on Thursday. 

Johnson, the No. 11 rated player in the state, gives the Tigers their first defensive line commitment in their 2024 class, and DL coach Jimmy Lindsey’s first pledge since joining the staff.

The 6-foot-2, 275-pounder chose the Tigers over Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma State and Auburn, among others. A player whose recruitment picked up in a big way this spring, the Tigers lock in a monster lineman with tremendous upside that will benefit them in the long run. 

The purple and gold continue their successful run in the state of Louisiana with four-star athlete Ju’Juan Johnson revealing his pledge to LSU last week. 

LSU is now up to 16 commitments in their 2024 class with this program beginning to heat up on the recruiting trail. With several official visits set for the month of June, the Tigers are coming in hot this summer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, houtiger said:

For a three star, he had Alabama and Texas after him as well.  I'm guessing he will be a four star by November.  Glad to have his commitment.

I remember years back UTx got the 6th best DB coming out of high school. LSU got another DB from the same high school. He was the lowest rated position player in that recruiting class. I remember a local radio guy talking about who would be playing as a true freshman from that class. He did say, any of them might play that year, but one guy he said, would red-shirt. It was that same guy that wasn’t highly ranked. 
Well, the guy UTx signed, this was his bio: 

All-American, two-time all-state, all-area and two-time all-district performer at defensive back … played in the 2012 Under Armour All-America Game … a member of ESPNU’s top 150 national prospects … ranked as the sixth-best cornerback and 79th-best overall prospect by ESPNU… a two-year starter who tallied 128 tackles, nine INTs, 38 PBUs and three fumble recoveries”

The LSU guy, his freshman year:

”Started all 13 games at cornerback … Ranked fourth on the team with 57 total tackles … Added two interceptions and five pass breakups for an LSU defense that ranked among the national leaders in total defense (No. 8 at 307.6 yards per game) and pass efficiency defense (No. 11 with 107.78 rating) … Stepped in for the dismissed Tyrann Mathieu and played like a veteran from the start.”

But it gets better, the LSU guy, was drafted in the 7th round, 233 player taken. What did he do in his first year in the NFL? 
“ He played in all 16 games with two starts as a rookie, recording 61 combined tackles (51 solo) and seven passes defensed.“ 

The LSU guy went on to help his team win the Super Bowl This was the third appearance in franchise history, which they would later win against the Patriots, 41-33.

This LSU guy is still in the NFL. 

The UTx highly ranked player, he ended up transferring to Arizona St. Finished up playing football and entered the working force. 

Everyone gets the same chance, everyone gets rankings. Let’s see what they do. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LSUDad said:

I remember years back UTx got the 6th best DB coming out of high school. LSU got another DB from the same high school. He was the lowest rated position player in that recruiting class. I remember a local radio guy talking about who would be playing as a true freshman from that class. He did say, any of them might play that year, but one guy he said, would red-shirt. It was that same guy that wasn’t highly ranked. 
Well, the guy UTx signed, this was his bio: 

All-American, two-time all-state, all-area and two-time all-district performer at defensive back … played in the 2012 Under Armour All-America Game … a member of ESPNU’s top 150 national prospects … ranked as the sixth-best cornerback and 79th-best overall prospect by ESPNU… a two-year starter who tallied 128 tackles, nine INTs, 38 PBUs and three fumble recoveries”

The LSU guy, his freshman year:

”Started all 13 games at cornerback … Ranked fourth on the team with 57 total tackles … Added two interceptions and five pass breakups for an LSU defense that ranked among the national leaders in total defense (No. 8 at 307.6 yards per game) and pass efficiency defense (No. 11 with 107.78 rating) … Stepped in for the dismissed Tyrann Mathieu and played like a veteran from the start.”

But it gets better, the LSU guy, was drafted in the 7th round, 233 player taken. What did he do in his first year in the NFL? 
“ He played in all 16 games with two starts as a rookie, recording 61 combined tackles (51 solo) and seven passes defensed.“ 

The LSU guy went on to help his team win the Super Bowl This was the third appearance in franchise history, which they would later win against the Patriots, 41-33.

This LSU guy is still in the NFL. 

The UTx highly ranked player, he ended up transferring to Arizona St. Finished up playing football and entered the working force. 

Everyone gets the same chance, everyone gets rankings. Let’s see what they do. 

jalen mills?  (I did some looking around).

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 7:02 PM, LSUDad said:

LSU Adds Commitment From 2024 Louisiana Native De'Myrion Johnson

Johnson is commitment No. 16 in the 2024 class, first defensive lineman.

OK, so Jamar Cane was not the only d-line coach that can recruit (but I liked him, and he could recruit).  Jimmy Lindsey is the new d-line coach, and this kid signed with LSU, BK, and Jimmy Lindsey.  Lindsey has been a good recruiter at other places according to newspaper stories.  This is the first proof point.  A kid has to have confidence in, and like, his position coach.

• Like 1

Below is Dandy Don's list of the top 17 prospects in La. for the 2024 signing class.  My  observation, when LSU is ranked in the top 5, we have signed 12 of the top 15 kids in La. for the base of the class, then pick up a few in Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, and a couple of kids from non-traditional recruiting grounds up north.  So, how are we doing in La.?  A lot better than last year, in which Brian Kelly showed up late to the state, and had not demonstrated that he could survive the tough week-in and week-out schedule in the SEC.  He showed he could do that, built the relationships, and recruiting in state is going better this year.  Right now we have 6 out of the top 10, a very good start.  I think Tylen Singleton, Dominic McKinley and Wardell Mack are trending to LSU, which would give us 9 of the top 10.  I haven't seen anything on Bobby Kennedy.  We have commits from the #17 player (S - Dashawn McBryde) and #23 (DE - Ahmad Breaux).  We're looking good right now.

1. Tylen Singleton S 6'2", 200 Many  
2. Ju’Juan Johnson CB 5'11", 178 Lafayette Christian Academy LSU
3. Trey’Dez Green TE 6'7", 240 East Feliciana LSU
4. Dominic McKinley DT 6'5", 280 Acadiana  
5. Wardell Mack CB 6'0", 170 John Ehret  
6. Kolaj Cobbins LB 6'3", 200 Destrehan LSU
7. Wallace Foster CB 5'10", 165 Warren Easton LSU
8. Bobby Kennedy ATH 6'3", 180 St. Augustine  
9. De’Myrion Johnson DT 6'3", 280 Westgate LSU
10. Khayree Lee OG 6'5", 340 John Ehret LSU
11. Melvin Hills DT 6'4", 270 Lafayette Christian Academy  
12. Joshua Jackson WR 6'3", 185 St. Augustine