Gameday Tigers

2024 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

LSU football has lost a commitment from the class of 2024, in tight end Tayvion Galloway. Galloway made the announcement via Twitter, writing the following about his de-commitment from the Tigers: "After reconsideration I have decided to take a step back and de-commit from LSU. My recruitment is now open.

48 minutes ago, LSUDad said:
LSU football has lost a commitment from the class of 2024, in tight end Tayvion Galloway. Galloway made the announcement via Twitter, writing the following about his de-commitment from the Tigers: "After reconsideration I have decided to take a step back and de-commit from LSU. My recruitment is now open.

I think we have 3 tight ends in this class.  The position may look crowded.  Mason Taylor was already here.  He may want to enjoy taking a few trips.  Could still end up in the class.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, houtiger said:

I think we have 3 tight ends in this class.  The position may look crowded.  Mason Taylor was already here.  He may want to enjoy taking a few trips.  Could still end up in the class.

No one uses the TE more than Kelly and Denbrock, no one. Kelly has developed more TE’s than anyone. This is why he signs a number of them. They get the TE involved within the offense. 
He can look around, still a while till signing day. No True Freshmen TE did more than Taylor last year, even the ones rated higher. 

aTm signed the #1, 4, and 6th best TE’s in the 2022 Class, Taylor was the 24th best in that class. Didn’t take long for his development. We lost a lot from that position, since the start of last season. The staff is right to pull in at least 3. 

LSU picked up their 17th pledge in the 2024 football recruiting class Monday when West Feliciana’s Joel Rogers gave his verbal.

His offer from the Tigers arrived May 23. Alabama, TCU, Florida State, LA Tech, Tulane, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Miami, GA Tech and ULL also offered the coveted defesnive back.

LSU safeties coach Kerry Cooks and fellow assistant Joe Sloan collaborated on the recruitment of Rogers for the Tigers. Rogers explained that it was a family decision and that ties run deep with the LSU football program.

The top rated safety in the state and fourth ranked overall player according to On3 made an unofficial stop at LSU last weekend. He had a visits scheduled to Alabama for June 9-11 and TCU for June 16-18 but postponed both. Rogers will take his official visit to the Baton Rouge campus later this year.

The 6-0, 185-pound Rogers runs a 4.4, squats 405 pounds and cleans 295. He is excellent in coverage with quality ball skills. Rogers reads the eyes of passers well and brings violence as a collision tackler in space.

Rogers also participates basketball (averaged 12 points per game this past season), baseball and track at West Feliciana. The football Saints captured a district title last season and eventually lost to Lutcher in Division II Non-Select state semifinals.

Ten of LSU’s current 2024 commits hail from the Pelican state. JuJuan Johnson from Lafayette Christian and Dashawn McBryde from Denham Springs are the other two safeties committed to LSU for 2024 along with Rogers.

• Like 1

Brian Kelly and his LSU coaching staff continue to lock-down the state of Louisiana's top talent as class of 2024 safety Joel Rogers‍ of St. Francisville (La.) West Feliciana has announced his commitment to the Tigers.

“LSU feels like home so I’m staying home,” Rogers told TigerBait.com.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound safety chose LSU over offers from Alabama, Texas, TCU and Tennessee.  He also considered offers from Texas A&M, Florida State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and many others.

“The environment feels like home and I have the opportunity to play in Death Valley and my family will be close to come to the games,” Rogers said.

With his pledge, LSU now has 16 commitmentsfor the class of 2024.  He’s the second safety in the class joining fellow four-star Dashawn McBryde‍ of Denham Springs.

Rogers is being recruited to LSU by safeties coach Kerry Cooks and quarterbacks coach Joe Sloan.  He received his scholarship offer from LSU in early March.

When the LSU offer arrived, Rogers told TigerBait, “I was waiting on this one. I have been talking to LSU for a while and it finally happened.”

Rogers visited LSU unofficially last week and cancelled a visit to Alabama.

On top of being the hometown team, Rogers said he considers LSU “DBU,” and as a safety, it’s very appealing to him.

“It (the ‘DBU’ moniker could play into my decision,” Roger said. “I think that’s pretty cool.”

• Like 1

LSU is rolling on the recruiting trail after landing their second commitment in three days. On Wednesday, Louisiana native Kylan Billiot pledged to Brian Kelly and his program, giving the Tigers another monster weapon for the future.

Billiot, who received an offer from LSU on Saturday after dominating in their 7v7 camp, wasted no time in committing to the Tigers. 

After getting a scholarship from his “dream school,” the three-star wide receiver knew where he wanted to be. Now, he’s gone public with the decision. 

The trip to campus last weekend gave the electrifying prospect the opportunity to meet with wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton, quarterback’s coach Joe Sloan, other 2024 targets and soak in the culture being developed at LSU.

The 6-foot-3, 190-pounder has been on a steady rise during high school. He put his name on the map during his junior campaign and has had LSU monitoring his growth ever since. 

After a monster showing on Saturday, this program pulled the trigger immediately after dishing out an offer. 

Billiot chose the Tigers over a handful of other programs including Tulane, Memphis and Louisiana, among others. He’s a late bloomer who was a big-time basketball player before making the move to football.

A raw, athletic wideout who’s beginning to see his ranking rise at a rapid pace, Billiot has proven he has next in Baton Rouge. 

LSU has an impressive track record of developing Louisiana wide receivers. Can Billiot be up next? All signs point to the answer being yes. 

Billiot joins West Feliciana (La.) safety Joel Rogers as the second player to commit to Brian Kelly’s program in the last 48 hours. 

BREAKING: Billiot commits to LSU

By Tyler Harden
June 14, 2023

Three-star wide receiver Kylan Billiot‍  has announced his commitment to LSU. He caught up with TigerBait.com shortly after announcing his decision.

Billiot is a 6-foot-3, 190-pound wide receiver from Terrebonne High School in Houma, Louisiana. He chose the Tigers over schools like Troy, Tulane, Memphis and more.

The LSU offer was a dream of Billiot’s since he was a child, so committing to the Tigers made that dream a reality. Being from South Louisiana, LSU is close to home for him.

“LSU feels like home,” Billiot said. “It’s even better that I am an in-state kid, and plus I been watching LSU my whole life. It’s been my dream school.”

Despite being committed to LSU and achieving a milestone he’s had for the majority of his life. But he understands that the work is most definitely not done.

“It feels great,” Billiot said. “I just have to continue to work hard because now I have a target on my back.”

Since Billiot is brand new in LSU’s Class of 2024, he hasn’t gotten to know his fellow commits in the class yet. But he expects that to change real soon.

“I’m not really that close with anyone yet because I just got added to the family,” Billiot said. “But real soon we will all talk.”

Although Billiot still has a senior season to play at Terrebonne High School, he looks forward to playing on Saturday nights in Tiger Stadium. But not only that, he hopes to develop more as a receiver when he gets to LSU, and become the next great receiver to come out of the program.

“I’m looking forward to just getting developed as an overall receiver,” Billiot said. “In my opinion LSU has always been WRU.”

5 hours ago, houtiger said:

Billiot.  Is the last name pronounced like "Bee Oh"?  I knew a BeeOh family in Cankton, I didn't know how they spelled it?

By the way, that wide receiver coach, coach Cankton, is doing a real good job pulling in those recruits! 😀

I have some friends down there, they pronounce it Bill-Yott.  Some are from the Indian tribes down there. 
My insurance guy in Cypress, Tx, same last name. A good friend in Lake Charles, she married into that family. 
Bill-yacht, I guess is the way they pronounce it. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

LSU football landed another recruit in the 2024 class, this time a four-star cornerback, when Ondre Evans committed Thursday.

Evans is the No. 20 cornerback in the country and the nation's No. 252 overall player, according to the 247Sports Composite. On3 ranked him as a top-100 player in the class.

Evans, a Nashville native, recently received offers from LSU, Georgia and Alabama. He also considered Tennessee and NC State. But he chose the Tigers after participating in a camp last week.

https://www.nola.com/sports/lsu/lsu-football-lands-commitment-from-cornerback-ondre-evans/article_fe981754-0b9d-11ee-8647-ebc6eccb9b9a.html

• Like 2

BREAKING: #LSU has landed commit No. 3 in the span of four days. Nashville 4-star CB Ondre Evans ( ) just committed to the Tigers. LSU lands an

Top 100 recruit and the No. 1 prospect in Tennessee. https://on3.com/teams/lsu-tigers/news/breaking-4-star-cb-ondre-evans-commits-to-lsu/

Thanks Th

Th

• Like 1

Thanks Hatch for the Evans update. I was driving most of the day. This is another haul from the staff. They get the #1 player out of the state of Tennessee, any other time that would be good, but after what UTn did last season, Kelly and staff made a mark. 

It’s known Kelly wants to try and get 4 and 5 year players. Players that have been in the system. You can see their putting an effort on in state players. Remember so many have left the state, gone to other schools, only to have a want to return to LSU. The portal is a great tool, the 85 number helps. Every major college has a support staff watching the portal. 

We will continue to eye high school players, but the portal is that quick fix, needed with the roster Kelly walked into. Last year was a major rebuilt, we ended up with like 3 returning starting players on each side of the ball. New coaches, new system on both sides of the ball. Won 10 games, won the West, beat Gumps, played and won a major bowl. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

This staff wants to see a player in an LSU camp, they extend an offer. 
Some talk Evans is coming back with his family for an official visit. This is always good. To hear a player say they are shutting down their trips, visits and committed to LSU. Sounds like no BS. Ready to be a Tiger. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

The month of June continues to treat the LSU Tigers well after Brian Kelly and Co. secured a commitment from 2024 New Orleans (La.) John Curtis wide receiver Michael Turner on Friday.

Turner, a Top 10 wideout in Louisiana, announced his pledge to LSU after earning an offer from the Tigers earlier this month.

A high-upside prospect who has flown up the recruiting rankings due to his sheer speed, Turner adds another element to LSU’s 2024 class. 

During last week’s LSU Elite Camp, the speedster ran a 4.29 40-yard dash, immediately impressing wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton.

After the camp, the 4-star stud was pulled aside and earned an offer from LSU, wasting no time in committing to Brian Kelly’s program. 

The 6-foot-1, 170-pounder has been a fast-rising prospect in the 2024 class. With his body beginning to fill out, he’s seen it take his game to a new level. After a standout junior campaign, Turner has all the intangibles of breaking out in his senior season before heading to Baton Rouge.

• Like 2