Gameday Tigers

2024-2025 Transfer Portal

LSUDad

An so it starts:

True freshman Texas A&M wide receiver Raymond Cottrell has announced he plans to enter the transfer portal. He appeared in three games and caught just one pass this year for the Aggies. 

Cottrell played high school football at Milton (FL), where he was rated as a four-star prospect in the 2023 class, according to the On3 Industry Rankings. He was also ranked as the No. 230 overall player and No. 33 wide receiver.

Thanks, Dad.  I figured that TAMU players might want to dip their toes in the water.

There's a 30 day window to enter the portal when a coach is fired. Do we know if any Michigan State players or Mississippi State players entered as well? (TLDR)

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:20 AM, Herb said:

Thanks, Dad.  I figured that TAMU players might want to dip their toes in the water.

There's a 30 day window to enter the portal when a coach is fired. Do we know if any Michigan State players or Mississippi State players entered as well? (TLDR)

MooU has 5 players that entered the portal today. Fixing to be a ton of movement. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LSU Football: Tigers Gain Commitment From Coveted DL Shone Washington

The former Georgia defensive lineman spent the year at EMCC, now taking talents to Baton Rouge.

LSU Tigers

LSU TIGERS

Brian Kelly and the LSU Tigers fill a position of need after securing a commitment from Top 10 JUCO DL Shone Washington, he revealed on Monday evening.

After a visit to Baton Rouge over the weekend, Washington elected to shutdown his recruitment process with the purple and gold receiving his pledge. 

The New Orleans native was once committed to the Bayou Bengals out of high school, but elected to reopen his recruitment before pledging to the Georgia Bulldogs in 2022.

After a stint in Athens, Washington entered the NCAA Transfer Portal before going the JUCO route in 2023. He will have three years of eligibility remaining. 

Now, the top defensive lineman is standing out at East Mississippi Community College and bouncing back to a four-year institution.

• Like 1

Walter Nolen, the No. 2 overall recruit in the 2022 recruiting class, is transferring.

The former five-star recruit, who was ranked the No. 2 overall recruit in the '22 class per 247Sports, announced his transfer portal intentions on Sunday night.

"First off I wanna thank God for putting me in the position that I am in today. It has been a good run over the past 2 years, a lot of ups and downs," he said.

"Being here at Texas A&M has taught me a lot, on and off the field, but with that being said I will be entering my name into the transfer portal with 2 years of eligibility.

"My Recruitment is WIDE OPEN!"

Nolan, a 6-foot-5 defensive lineman, will have two years of eligibility remaining.

The former five-star recruit will likely have plenty of suitors in the transfer portal.

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

Walter Nolen, the No. 2 overall recruit in the 2022 recruiting class, is transferring.

The former five-star recruit, who was ranked the No. 2 overall recruit in the '22 class per 247Sports, announced his transfer portal intentions on Sunday night.

"First off I wanna thank God for putting me in the position that I am in today. It has been a good run over the past 2 years, a lot of ups and downs," he said.

"Being here at Texas A&M has taught me a lot, on and off the field, but with that being said I will be entering my name into the transfer portal with 2 years of eligibility.

"My Recruitment is WIDE OPEN!"

Nolan, a 6-foot-5 defensive lineman, will have two years of eligibility remaining.

The former five-star recruit will likely have plenty of suitors in the transfer portal.

Nolan won “The Trenches” Award for the season at the aTm Football Banquet, then hit the portal! 

• Like 1

FYI:

There are currently 117 SEC players in the

transfer portal:

Alabama - 0

Arkansas - 11

Auburn - 6

Florida - 8

Georgia - 6

Kentucky - 10

LSU - 3

Mississippi St - 9

Missouri - 7

Oklahoma - 10

Ole Miss - 5

South Carolina - 14

Tennessee - 5

Texas - 2

Texas A&M - 5

Vanderbilt - 16

Up dated: 
There are players in the transfer portal: 

Alabama - 2 

Arkansas - 15 

Auburn - 7 

Florida - 14 

Georgia - 8 

Kentucky - 13 

LSU - 5 

Mississippi St - 10 

Missouri - 8 

Oklahoma - 10 

Ole Miss - 5 

South Carolina - 17 

Tennessee - 5 

Texas - 4 

Texas A&M - 16 

Vanderbilt - 17

The last month has been fertile for Kentucky football fans. First, the Wildcats survived a spirited attempt by Texas A&M to lure away coach Mark Stoops—the winningest boss in program history.

On Wednesday morning, Kentucky added to its success by landing a former five-star recruit at the quarterback position: Georgia's Brock Vandagriff.