Gameday Tigers

2024 LSU Football Commitments

LSUDad

One of the top offensive line prospects in greater Houston as well as the state of Texas, the 6-foot-4, 280-pounder chose Texas A&M over Texas and LSU.

In watching him on tape and in person, Ivy’s physicality immediately stands out. He’s a sound technician with strong, powerful hands that he uses to neutralize defenders. He’s also extremely explosive off the ball and moves around like someone much smaller than 280 pounds. He climbs to the second level as well as any offensive lineman in the state in this class.

4-star LSU WR commit JoJo Stone ready for return to Baton Rouge

Billy Embody08/19/23
4-star-lsu-wr-commit-jojo-stone-ready-return-baton-rouge 4-star LSU commit JoJo Stone. (Billy Embody - On3)

CARROLLTON, Ga. — 2024 Fairburn (Ga.) Langston Hughes wide receiver JoJo Stone and his teammates came away with a hard-fought 39-34 winover Carrollton Friday night. In an instant classic, Langston Hughes’ goalline stand to hold off star quarterback Julian Lewis landed the Panthers a season-opening win on ESPN2.

“Just teamwork,” Stone told On3. “Everybody knowing that all 11 have to win on one play for one play to go successfully. I say hats off to my team. It was challenging how much I love the game and I love it. I love these boys. I think our crew over everybody.”

After transferring in from Grayson this offseason to team up with Ohio State commit Air Noland, Stone was hobbled in his first game. He played through it and while he had a few catches, it was a day he watched his teammates carry things.

“Today was one of those days where I kind of had to be a team player, getting banged up during the game,” he said. “Today was a real day I could see where the heart is. I’m just so glad we came out with this win.”

Stone set to return to LSU

The four-star LSU commit reaffirmed his pledge this summer, shutting down his recruitment. Things are still in good shape with the Tigers and Stone, who will be back in Baton Rouge soon.

“Everything’s going great, Geaux Tigers forever,” he said. “I’ll be there for the Grambling game.”

He was last in Baton Rouge last month for the Bayou Splash, doing some recruiting for the Tigers.

“The Bayou Splash was great,” Stone said. “Everyone bonded well and it was great seeing who will be taking the Tigers to Nattys in the future.”

According to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies, he’s the No. 303 overall prospect in the nation and No. 54 wide receiver in the country.

WATCH: Colin Hurley kicks off senior year with a bang

Billy Embodyabout 2 hours
watch-colin-hurley-kicks-off-senior-year-with-a-bang-lsu-qb-commit LSU QB commit Colin Hurley. (Billy Embody - On3)

2024 LSU quarterback commit Colin Hurley led his Trinity Christian team to a 48-6 win over Parker on Friday. Hurley finished 10-of-12 for 199 yards and three touchdowns in just a half of play. Check out the clips below.

Hurley is the No. 297 overall prospect in the 2024 class, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He ranks as the nation’s No. 18 quarterback and the No. 40 prospect in state of Florida. He’s made no bones about how he feels about Brian Kelly’s program.

“My message is clear,” Hurley said. “Coach Kelly is the winningest active head coach in college football. He’s had tremendous success throughout his entire career and we saw a glimpse of that last season – his first at LSU. When you look at LSU, you have to consider the program’s history, it’s fans, Tiger Stadium and how this place is gritty and kinda grimy.

“There’s just an attitude here and it’s not made for everyone. Playing football at LSU is a privilege. It’s just different.”

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LSUDad said:

This one was never coming to LSU. As for now we have 8 of the top 10 players in the state. I’ll take that 80% every year. 

Whats his beef? I read an article earlier saying Tx over OU because it is closer to home, well jumping Jesus on a hot tin roof Baton Rouge is a lot closer to Laffy than Austin!

If the family is that stupid then I don't want them

Edited by Big T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw this on Dandy Don today.

"In football recruiting news, LSU extended an offer to Shone Washington during his unofficial visit to LSU. Remember, Shone is the big homegrown defensive tackle who prepped at Warren Easton High School and was committed to LSU’s 2022 class before flipping to Georgia. After a brief stint in Athens, he went to East Mississippi Community College, and now he seems on “commit watch” to end up at LSU."

So far we have missed on McKinley from Acadiana High, committed to Texas, so we need some DT's in this class.

Based on this year's play, Maason Smith will probably not declare for the draft early.  That is just a guess on my part, but he probably needs more time to come back from his ACL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

McKinley was never a miss, never a shot. 

Any idea why?  Bad blood with the coach or family? I mentioned before I saw an article where the family was wanting to stay "close to home" well that obviously wasn't the case if he is in faggie land. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big T said:

Any idea why?  Bad blood with the coach or family? I mentioned before I saw an article where the family was wanting to stay "close to home" well that obviously wasn't the case if he is in faggie land. 

LSU was never going to be an option. 
Nothing to do with Kelly and Staff. 

53 minutes ago, Big T said:

Has to be a reason 

I think they slow played to a degree, but Texas schools got on him early. Like before he was a known commodity.  Like before BK and staff were truly up to speed. 

I also think he's a tad overrated, but only time will tell. Whether he's truly a 5* or 4* is somewhat irrelevant though. Gotta get either if they're Louisiana kids.

But some don't grow up wanting to do anything but play for LSU, while others grow up looking for a way out. Can't blame either really. Everybody's situation is different. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I think they slow played to a degree, but Texas schools got on him early. Like before he was a known commodity.  Like before BK and staff were truly up to speed. 

I also think he's a tad overrated, but only time will tell. Whether he's truly a 5* or 4* is somewhat irrelevant though. Gotta get either if they're Louisiana kids.

His Dad was not letting him go to LSU. 

I agree with the tad overrated, needs work. Might be a good player later on. We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

His Dad was not letting him go to LSU. 

I agree with the tad overrated, needs work. Might be a good player later on. We’ll see. 

See, there it is, the dad had a burr in his saddle for whatever reason. I wonder what the kid actually wanted to do. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Four-star EDGE CJ Jackson announced his commitment to LSU on Sunday. Jackson initially committed to Georgia Tech on June 25 but announced his decommitment on Oct. 5.

The 6-foot-3.5, 220-pound edge rusher is from Tucker High School in Tucker, Georgia. 

Jackson is the No. 188 overall prospect and the No. 16 edge rusher in the class of 2024. He ranks as the No. 3 edge rusher and No. 25 player in Georgia, according to the On3 industry rankings.

Following Jackson's commitment, LSU's 2024 recruiting class ranks No. 6 nationally and No. 5 in the SEC. The Tigers have 25 commitments in the 2024 class, headlined by four-star tight end Trey'Dez Green and four-star safety Dashawn McBryde. 

Four-star EDGE CJ Jackson announced his commitment to LSU on Sunday. Jackson initially committed to Georgia Tech on June 25 but announced his decommitment on Oct. 5.

The 6-foot-3.5, 220-pound edge rusher is from Tucker High School in Tucker, Georgia. 

Jackson is the No. 188 overall prospect and the No. 16 edge rusher in the class of 2024. He ranks as the No. 3 edge rusher and No. 25 player in Georgia, according to the On3 industry rankings.

Following Jackson's commitment, LSU's 2024 recruiting class ranks No. 6 nationally and No. 5 in the SEC. The Tigers have 25 commitments in the 2024 class, headlined by four-star tight end Trey'Dez Green and four-star safety Dashawn McBryde. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 7:42 AM, LSUDad said:
BREAKING: #LSU has landed commit No. 3 in the span of four days. Nashville 4-star CB Ondre Evans ( ) just committed to the Tigers. LSU lands an

Top 100 recruit and the No. 1 prospect in Tennessee. https://on3.com/teams/lsu-tigers/news/breaking-4-star-cb-ondre-evans-commits-to-lsu/

Thanks Th

Th

Lost this one today,  back to GA. Ouch, need CB badly

• Like 2

LSU has secured another commitment in the 2024 class with Brian Kelly and Co. reeling in coveted athlete PJ Woodland. Woodland, a Mississippi native, will play cornerback at the next level with the Tigers now adding a key player to a position of need.

• Like 1